User Tag List

View Poll Results: What role are you usually in a meeting , group activity?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Leader

9 20.45%
  • The Extroverted Whore

3 6.82%
  • the outlaw/resistance

1 2.27%
  • the arguer/challenger

2 4.55%
  • the Critic

9 20.45%
  • the Yes Man

0 0%
  • the rule abider

0 0%
  • the Sweet Talker

1 2.27%
  • The Silent One

5 11.36%
  • The Mediator

4 9.09%
  • Other

10 22.73%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INtP

It depends wildly on the scenario. In some cases I'm almost invisible, in others almost too forceful.

If it's a social group/gathering? "The Silent One." Pretty much without exception.

If it's a functional/theoretical discussion (work, school)? "The Leader", "The Challenger", or "Information Resource", depending on the situation. Usually I tend to take charge out of impatience, if nothing else.

If it's a group to do something physical (sports, group construction projects, etc.) "The Worker Bee"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Like Jennifer, my role depends upon the group and the situation.

- I avoid social groups/meetings unless there is some specific purpose or draw for me
    - In larger social settings where I don't know many people, I am silent, and find something to occupy me; if approached, I will often challenge or give deliberately unpredictable responses, to feel the other person out
    - in small, familiar social groups, I wll provide what is needed: info, critique, brainstorming, leadership, silence, etc.
    - at work, I tend to be the critic and occasionally the resistance (though usually I plot revolt in silence)
    - I am willing to lead if necessary, but it is hard for me to depose even a poor existing leader. More often, there is no recognized leader, and people start treating me as such when they see the ideas, knowledge and skills I am contributing. In groups of primarily junior people, I am comfortable in a mentor role.
    - In almost any setting, I will provide sarcasm, cutting remarks, dry/scathing humor, etc. as (in)appropriate.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Not exactly the *leader* type, but the kind of guy who; carefully pays attention to what's being said, independently considers all possible useful information, and decides on the most suitable action plan, then performs it. I'd always remain attentive to the group, and whenever I felt my thoughts were being challenged (out of envy, which I'd had from others commonly), I'd shout them out to make as clear, and coherent as I can. It was all cool. I loved outdoor activity a lot where most group work was involved, and made the most of every possible ordeal I'd participated, especially during the school days.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Not exactly the *leader* type, but the kind of guy who; carefully pays attention to what's being said, independently considers all possible useful information, and decides on the most suitable action plan, then performs it. I'd always remain attentive to the group, and whenever I felt my thoughts were being challenged (out of envy, which I'd had from others commonly), I'd shout them out to make as clear, and coherent as I can. It was all cool. I loved outdoor activity a lot, and made the most of every possible ordeal I'd participated, especially during the school days.
    I'm not sure if you're kidding or not.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm not sure if you're kidding or not.
    I'm serious. How come?

Some edit: Extroverted Whore means the Attention Whore

For those who voted the leader, I am curious, what role will you play if you can't be the leader?
    If the leader role is taken, what would you do, fight with the leader?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ----

the candid one.

ThatGirl

The-critic.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    It depends wildly on the scenario. In some cases I'm almost invisible, in others almost too forceful.

If it's a social group/gathering? "The Silent One." Pretty much without exception.

If it's a functional/theoretical discussion (work, school)? "The Leader", "The Challenger", or "Information Resource", depending on the situation. Usually I tend to take charge out of impatience, if nothing else.

If it's a group to do something physical (sports, group construction projects, etc.) "The Worker Bee"
    I think it really depends on your natural character and the personality. What role it fits on you naturally.

If you have a hard time speaking up and are naturally shy, you would have a hard time contesting the leadership position unless you manipulate yourself to there or you are the owner of a company.

Like most of the time , if I can't be the leader, I am usually the sloth. I used my silence as the greatest weapon of defiance. Whatever the leader says, I will most likely ignore the leader and do things in whatever way like. I am the one who gives the least a damn about authority. My actions will most make the leader angry, but then I use my silence as defiance and not give damn.
    I won't really care if he yells and shouts at my face, he is the only one who is wasting his energy. Obedience is not part of my character.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My role changes depending on the group.

- If the group is unstable, I'm the Stabilizer.
    - If the group is rather straight-laced, I play Comic Relief (goofy or dry humor).
    - If the group is stuck in a rut, I'm the Brainstormer/Catalyst.
    - If the group is way too positive and/or uncritical, I'm a Boat-Rocker.
    - If the group is too accommodating and thus vulnerable, I'm the Protector against any wolves that wander in.

And if all of these roles are filled and otherwise I don't serve a good purpose, I just vanish.
    I'm very similar, and I think it's common for NTPs to play against the group. Maybe it's for balance, maybe it's to form an identity, but I tend to go against whatever the group is thinking. With liberals I'm conservative; with conservatives I'm liberal; with scientists I'm mystical; mystical with scientists; analytical with bores; show restraint when people are overthinking, etc, etc.