• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The Pope an INTJ

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Is the current Pope (Benedict XVI.) an INTJ?

Religious people are usually NF, especially "professionals", but I think Benedict is an INTJ, or at least borderline INxJ. He's more the intellectual compared to the charismatic Paul II. who most probably was an INFJ.

Which reminds me of that mashup comparing The Emperor and the Pope.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
A lot of church leaders/pastors/scholars/professors are NT. Lots. I know at least 2 of every NT type - except only 1 INTP. About 5 ENTJ's that I know. Congregations tend to be fairly representative of the overall population, but the leadership positions are definitely NT heavy, believe it or not.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP church leaders and pastors!? Is that even possible? :laugh:

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I would like to hear Pope Benedict saying "Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!"

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sounds kind of martyrish...

The pope is about 84 years old. Are people even sane at that age?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok..it has never crossed my mind..but...what does the pope do all day "at work"? :shock:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Haha. Yes, it most definitely is possible. They are very creative leaders and often have very creative/novel things going on in their churches. And they sometimes write a book or two. And they like to travel the globe, serving on boards, heading up mission projects in various countries, etc. They are the ones you will hear saying, "God made us to be creative beings. Tap into your God-given strengths, your God-given abilities, your raw and innate talent, in order to make the world a better place." They are very much ENTP's - true to form - they like variety and creativity, etc. - only difference is that it's happening within a church rather than some other setting. 2 ENTP's that I know run/lead very creative congregations where 2 things are stressed: (a) reaching out around the globe and in the community using your natural abilities/inclinations/strengths, (b) enjoying life as a gift.

2 other ENTP pastors I know don't work for a single church - one runs a non-profit that provides disaster relief immediately after something happens, often times being the first organization on the scene - even before the government can get there. He told me once that some government folks were so impressed with the effectiveness of the organization that they wanted to give him significant amounts of money (but to also have a say in where he goes, what events he responds to), and he turned it down. He basically told them, "I believe I can do it more effectively than you can (at least on a smaller scale). As soon as I allow you to get your hand in what we're doing, it will become ineffective again. So no thanks!" Another ENTP pastor is more of a motivational speaker who has a wide network and who is invited to speak at various venues.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
At least he gets a superhero suit.

The Vatican has a lot of money and property though...

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Whatever he does, he apparently doesn't get paid very well at all...

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?recnum=15948

What a selfless person. He is fully dedicated toward his flock, more than most people.

And why would he get paid? He doesn't have to pay taxes since he lives in his own country, every vacation of his can be considered a business expense, his food, healthcare, nescessities are probably covered, and he doesn't need a pension because his job is for life.

Pastafarianism sounds mightily ENTP to me!

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
What makes you think he's intuitive considering that he is trying to re-establish order, tradition, hierarchy, and strict interpretations? Seems real SJ to me.

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
He's too much of a philosopher to be a Sensor. He's definitely an Intuitive. "The Dialectics of Secularization" is not something you'd expect from an SJ.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just because he has an SJ job, doesn't mean he's SJ.

Nicodemus

He certainly is the typical scholarly type. When he became pope, the German press was concerned whether he could pull off the waving and smiling stuff.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'll have to disagree. Perhaps he's on the N/S borderline but I don't see the leader of the spiritual universe being a heavy N. We're too individualistic and non-conformist.

S

Sniffles

What makes you think he's intuitive considering that he is trying to re-establish order, tradition, hierarchy, and strict interpretations? Seems real SJ to me.
Actually he once described his agenda as "reforming the reform". He was and always has been a supporter of Vatican II but believes too much went wrong and needs to be put back on the right path. He's no Pius X.