• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] funky functions

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last weekend while drinking (lightly) We talked about a thing everyone had (not me)
that you feeded, trained and played with. this was pre cellphone to everyone era.
It was pop when i was umm. 10years old.. perhaps In the conversation no one could remember what it was called.

But now suddenly at work busy with damn construction beams and 3D drawings i suddenly...had....to...google...the...word: tamagotchi

And sure engough it was that damn thing we talked about. lol. And i never had one and it was not pop for a long time either..
http://www.habatq8.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/GOLDEN_TAMAGOTCHI_rgb.jpg

what function/s does that!?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha!

Im not sure my question is relatet to functions... I just find it facinating that the mind can do that. generally speaking i find my subconsious mind to be so powerfull i wish i had it more consious or something.. so i could handle it..

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I had several egg tamagotchis and even a huge dog tamagotchi that a billion of functions, dont remember it really tho. It's only a bit unsettling to now that I nurtured tamagotchis for prolly 2-3 years, hmhmhm

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
My God I hated that game.

I played tetris and a game with cars, but they annoyed me too, because they'd never end, the game would be faster and faster till you lost. So frustrating !!!

Then I started playing starcraft and heroes3.

But after a while their limits became very obvious. Heroes 3 was severely imbalanced.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dunno why all entps seem to be starcraft nerds. Noone played halflife and later became a counterstrike professional ? Or am I just that old :D

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was only good at DotA :D

I was 11 when I started playing Starcraft...imagine the transition from tetris to actual strategy, it was really amazing for me as a kid. We'd go to internet cafes, everybody in the neighborhood...and play all afternoon.

I have never been THAT excited about anything in my life. And I'm serious :laugh:

I know it sounds extremely nerdy, but those fuckin spaceships captivated my imagination like nothing else.

Counterstrike appeared much later...all the thugs played counterstrike :laugh:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Starcraft 2 is different it's so damn difficult I stopped playing. It's no fun.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I sadly hadnt the money yet to buy it, I cant imagine entps to be into strategy games but you aint the first one I've met. I was more of that thug like guy who sat in the internet cafe owning everyone in halflife or counterstrike. I started playing halflife and was able to literally vanish on the map crossfire. You had a laser gun that could propell you thru the air and I used it to jhump around in the air not touching the ground. It could shot thru walls also so nearly noone stood a chance against me who wasnt able to cope with the gun himself :D.

After that a friend introduced me to counterstrike. Needed me a lot of time to come from hyperactive halflife to rather slow and tactical counterstrike but it was one of the greatest times in my life. We later had a clan about 30 memebers, went on LAN sessions, I even was clanleader and we were successful. A colleague and me scored place 39 out of 30,000 2on2 clans in clanbase and in 5on5 we once won a 500 people LAN session. Was a really great time, but yea we were thugs, I drank and smoked far too much in that time :D

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Have you played chess? I never got good at that one...the planning part was so frustrating :laugh:
I can't beat the chess AI in windows 7. But I plan to. Even if it's going to take me 10 years.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
no haha. I am a very good card player, in Germany people generally know 4-10 card games. Whats is chess to America, Skat is to Germany. I even wrote the german wikipedia article on "Grand Ouvert" a play form of skat. But when I met americans on this board and found out they are all totally into chess, I got a bit envious. I never had the patience nor the strategical mind to make my head aropund this game and it frustrated me to death to loose a it :D. A very good friend back then at age 14 taught me the rules and I only beat her once, think she was an intj and I think she let me win. But yea, so much for my chess career, never really played again since then and DONT want to :D

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
People in Germany also listen to a lot of techno music too, from what I've noticed :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya, we all have our weak spots :D. What better thing than a brutally tuned up VW Gold and some techno baseline :D

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are we talking epic derailment in two pages?

wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, epic derail here...

So you were basically asking what function describes suddenly thinking of the word 'tamagotchi' after talking about the details of the device? That one is kind of tricky because it is Si-ish and Ni-ish at the same time.

Anyway, back to the derail :popc1:

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How can it be Si-ish and Ni-ish at the same time?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Because Si would follow a linear path of previous personal meaningful sensory associations and produce the word...and it could suddenly come to Ni in an "aha" moment.

So it's one or the other, it's just the simple explanation isn't really strong to determine which...but I'm tempted to say Si because you recall the detailed path of how you got there.

I'm not saying I'm right, that's just my guess.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you saying going from a contruction beam to googling tamagotchi is a linear thought process?