User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: funky functions

MBTI
    INTJ

Default funky functions

Last weekend while drinking (lightly) We talked about a thing everyone had (not me)
    that you feeded, trained and played with. this was pre cellphone to everyone era.
    It was pop when i was umm. 10years old.. perhaps In the conversation no one could remember what it was called.

But now suddenly at work busy with damn construction beams and 3D drawings i suddenly...had....to...google...the...word: tamagotchi

And sure engough it was that damn thing we talked about. lol. And i never had one and it was not pop for a long time either..
    http://www.habatq8.com/wp-content/up...GOTCHI_rgb.jpg

what function/s does that!?

My tamagotchi always died.

MBTI
    INTJ

Haha!

Im not sure my question is relatet to functions... I just find it facinating that the mind can do that. generally speaking i find my subconsious mind to be so powerfull i wish i had it more consious or something.. so i could handle it..

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I had several egg tamagotchis and even a huge dog tamagotchi that a billion of functions, dont remember it really tho. It's only a bit unsettling to now that I nurtured tamagotchis for prolly 2-3 years, hmhmhm
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

My God I hated that game.

I played tetris and a game with cars, but they annoyed me too, because they'd never end, the game would be faster and faster till you lost. So frustrating !!!

Then I started playing starcraft and heroes3.

But after a while their limits became very obvious. Heroes 3 was severely imbalanced.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I dunno why all entps seem to be starcraft nerds. Noone played halflife and later became a counterstrike professional ? Or am I just that old

MBTI
    ENTP

I was only good at DotA

I was 11 when I started playing Starcraft...imagine the transition from tetris to actual strategy, it was really amazing for me as a kid. We'd go to internet cafes, everybody in the neighborhood...and play all afternoon.

I have never been THAT excited about anything in my life. And I'm serious

I know it sounds extremely nerdy, but those fuckin spaceships captivated my imagination like nothing else.

Counterstrike appeared much later...all the thugs played counterstrike

MBTI
    ENTP

Starcraft 2 is different it's so damn difficult I stopped playing. It's no fun.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I sadly hadnt the money yet to buy it, I cant imagine entps to be into strategy games but you aint the first one I've met. I was more of that thug like guy who sat in the internet cafe owning everyone in halflife or counterstrike. I started playing halflife and was able to literally vanish on the map crossfire. You had a laser gun that could propell you thru the air and I used it to jhump around in the air not touching the ground. It could shot thru walls also so nearly noone stood a chance against me who wasnt able to cope with the gun himself .

After that a friend introduced me to counterstrike. Needed me a lot of time to come from hyperactive halflife to rather slow and tactical counterstrike but it was one of the greatest times in my life. We later had a clan about 30 memebers, went on LAN sessions, I even was clanleader and we were successful. A colleague and me scored place 39 out of 30,000 2on2 clans in clanbase and in 5on5 we once won a 500 people LAN session. Was a really great time, but yea we were thugs, I drank and smoked far too much in that time

MBTI
    ENTP

Have you played chess? I never got good at that one...the planning part was so frustrating
    I can't beat the chess AI in windows 7. But I plan to. Even if it's going to take me 10 years.