User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I know it's a stretch for an INTP to advise a bunch of ENTP's on the use of Ne, but I sometimes conquer (or side-step?) this stuff by using even MORE Ne. I'll come off as the guy who is always cheery, always optimistic, always has a funny joke to tell, almost apathetic to all the rules, structure, stifling-ness, and "the man". Like I'll just put on this face like I'm just "gliding right through it all" and having a ton of fun along the way. I mean, in the workplace, I still have to get my work done (if I want a job) - I can't be a complete moron who doesn't conform to anything, but I find that I have an ability to be so optimistic, that I just don't let it all bother me much. I still tell my jokes, I still act like a goofball, I still make people laugh - I sort of make it known that I am outside the box. If they choose to stay in it, that's up to them, but I'm going to live life outside of it and refuse to be stifled by it.

I totally relate to the OP - I know it can happen sometimes (feeling stifled) - I'm just saying, maybe fight it with even more Ne. Just be the smart, whacky, witty, funny, absent-minded professor guy and people will learn to give you that space - they will learn that you aren't a conformist and there are certain things that they'll have to deal with when they do business with you. Professional and effective, yet a free-thinker and outside the box.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENXP

People who are optimistic, in the productive sense of the word, are more likely to do shit and thus more likely to get what they want.

People who are pessimistic don't think that they can do things, and are thus less likely to get things that they like.

Is it even a choice? I thought so but then got over it, and for the most part, although hazed, I'm optimistic. I've had my uber-optimistic moments, but it's mostly to counter the people who are pessimistic about my prospects.

That motivates me for all of about a day. Then I start sitting around again.
    Meh

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Almighty View Post
    People who are optimistic, in the productive sense of the word, are more likely to do shit and thus more likely to get what they want.
    I'm more of an apathetic kinda optimist, I think everything is just dandy and full of sun-shiny goodness so I'll just sit here and do nothing thankqueverymuch