User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i dont define other peoples success by any standards, because everyone has their own wants from life. if someone lives to get money, then i measure their success on how much money they have gained. if someone lives to understand the world and doesent care much about money, then i measure their success on how much understanding they have gained. etc etc
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

The Ms of success:

Meaningfulness
    Morals
    Money
    Matrimony
    Mansion
    Mighty
    Mirror-friendly

I have no sense of humour.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I think certain aspects of success can be measured, as a whole it's much more subjective. a few things you can measure though are
    1) how much money do you make?
    2) how many hours a day do you spend doing what you want to?
    3) how many hours a day do you spend doing things you DON'T want to?
    4) how much free time do you have?

no measurable aspects include
    1) how relaxed are you?
    2) how to you feel about your appearence?
    3) how spiritually content are you?
    4) how comfortable are you?
    5) do you have all the material possessions you want?
    6) are you passionate about your livelihood?
    7) do you feel accomplished?

MBTI
    N>JI

I measure the goal. Parameters are the quantities of intellectual and moral courage requiered to reach the goal. High quantities -> high goal -> high success, obviously.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Success for me is when I do something I didn't expect myself to do. Whether the public looks upon it as a positive or negative value.

EDIT: Which means I'm not very successful at all.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Increasingly, by the sustainability of my happiness. For me, that usually includes plenty of time for beauty, sensory experience enjoyed, and the happiness of my family.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ

Here's my personal one:
    • Having a healthy lifestyle (active, good diet)
    • Being intellectually curious in my day-to-day life
    • Creativity used in my day-to-day life
    • Mentoring others and being mentored
    • Keeping in touch with how I’m doing. Knowing how I’m feeling.
    • Checking that I’m putting my energy in the right places (right people, etc.)
    • Having a sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Success is when you're predominantly happy and content with your life.
    I think that is part of it. But the feeling that you are successful and the abiliy to be successful probably depends on the ability to hold two disparate ideas in your mind at the same time. I am happy and content, I want and have drive for more. To hold those ideas and not freak out in either direction.

I kind of feel that being happy and content you'll never be completely happy and content is part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think that is part of it. But the feeling that you are successful and the abiliy to be successful probably depends on the ability to hold two disparate ideas in your mind at the same time. I am happy and content, I want and have drive for more. To hold those ideas and not freak out in either direction.

I kind of feel that being happy and content you'll never be completely happy and content is part of it.
    Perhaps this is the human condition, that we always need to strive for more. But why? I sit in a place, that was my goal for so long. And now, it's not enough since what did I lose to get here and what could I have gained in another direction? And yet, no real regrets since it's provided a solid foundation to leverage off of. Need to keep growing. But where?

Kind of inconclusive which as a J, it's not a comfortable place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I find it a wonder that we, as a collective, intuitively quantify "wealth" in the form of money. As the numbers go up, the more valuable an object is. Go down, worthless. There seems to be a clash between wealth defined by our biological selves and wealth defined by nature + environment...

Where does subjectivity, our individualities, come from?

---

The only way for me to objectify "success" is by looking at it from a nature point of view. From the moment we start to "live", there is a certain way of life that grants us positive emotion. If you follow your biological preference, you will be successful.
    This pretty much sums up how I, personally, think about the matter. But just a question, what instances does our biological sense of wealth clash with the wealth defined by our nature/environment/society?

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i dont define other peoples success by any standards, because everyone has their own wants from life. if someone lives to get money, then i measure their success on how much money they have gained. if someone lives to understand the world and doesent care much about money, then i measure their success on how much understanding they have gained. etc etc
    This is definitely the best approach for maximum understanding. Kind of my intention with this thread. And it's interesting to see how people's ideas about success change as they reach the pinnacle of their old ideas of success. And how goals are constantly changing and being redefined. Even if it's not happening consciously.