User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I hate the thought of being incompetent or incapable.
    I hadn't noticed this about you. You seem to keep your hatred under control.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTj

Winning is only as important or meaningful as your personal investment in the competition. The futility of it all shines through when you analyze just how temporal that feeling of being a "winner" is.
    Why do you hate Charlie Sheen so much?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I couldn't agree with this more.

-----------------------

And I wonder if competition in NTP types has more to do with play? Like chess, poker, other strategy games, debate, etc. It's all competition, but it's all in good fun.

But when it comes down to being competition in, say, the corporate world or with grades/money/etc. there's not much of a drive.

Least I can see how that applies to me.
    I would say I like to be competitive with things that I enjoy, yes. Things that are fun. But, I always enjoyed school (well, college anyways) and had fun at it, so I competed for grades too. Some classes I was very apathetic with, but if some knucklehead started bragging about how he had the best grade in the class and how he always gets the top grade at the end of the semester, I would make sure that he ended up with the 2nd best grade in the class. Usually, I could pull an A-/B+ without much studying, but in this case, I'd study my tail off and end up with like a 99.9% A+ in the class. Get like 1 test question wrong the whole semester. 100% on all the other tests. This fire usually only got lit in me if someone was "egging me on" or trying to show up the other students.

But, yeah, I love to be competitive with stuff that is fun and enjoyable. Definitely.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I hadn't noticed this about you. You seem to keep your hatred under control.
    Given the source, I'm not even sure if this is a legitimate observation or you seizing an opportunity to insert in a subtle insult. The uncertainty will cause me to re-read this post multiple times throughout the day, all ending with replaying this very moment in my mind while staring deeply into the spinning blades of my oscillating desk fan proceeds to slice the stale air and returns it back into my face as a cool breeze of concentrated, recycled air.

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Why do you hate Charlie Sheen so much?
    My Great Grandfather was mauled by a pack of vicious tigers, so his equating his outrageous behavior to having "tiger's blood" reawakened some of my inner demons I thought to be well buried underneath the sands of time.

MBTI
    ENTP

Winning is only as important or meaningful as your personal investment in the competition. The futility of it all shines through when you analyze just how temporal that feeling of being a "winner" is.
    The competition is a lot of fun to me, I enjoy it, I'm pretty much absorbed by it.
    I sometimes cross the line though...damage relationships for the sake of the competition

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    their diet may be mostly of plants, occasionally some meat but mainly plants, sort bordering on vegan or vegan.
    jock eats lots and lots of protein. lots.
    six eggs for breakfast. so big and strong.

every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

what if you met someone with much more superior intellect then you and was more successful? only then would you get competitive?
    Usually it depends on how much i enjoy the activity. The field that I'm aiming to be a world-class is financial markets trading. If i met a really sucessful trader nothing would really change, I'd still want to be the best in the whole world.
    Even then, You can't be really proficient in every field. I love playing guitar hero but you won't see me doing what some ppl on youtube are capable of. Sometimes it's best to just admire.

it would be more intellectual right? rather then having material things?
    Definitely more intellectual, material things are more like ''consequences''.

MBTI
    INTP

what if you met someone with much more superior intellect then you and was more successful? only then would you get competitive? it would be more intellectual right? rather then having material things?
    So long as I can deem myself competent, I'm happy. When I suck I strive to improve myself to the point where I no longer suck but it's an internal thing. If someone's better than me it doesn't bother me, but I do like it when I'm the best.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm competitive mainly with myself. It bothers me when I feel like I'm not improving in some area important to me. I don't like competing with others much but I see it as a necessary evil. The reality is, you have to compete some. You have to compete for jobs. You have to compete to get into a good college. Companies compete against each other. If your company falls too far behind another company, the company goes out of business and there goes your job.

Although I'm not the sort to deliberately enter competitions, I do find myself comparing myself to others too much. I can't stand it when others get ahead of me when they've seemingly put in less effort. This is especially true in areas of importance to me. I don't have the competitive drive to reach the very top but I guess you could say I'll compete just enough to reach a decent position.
    You're an INTP again?

I have a competitive streak and I will echo being competitive with myself (high standards...which leaves me feeling like a failure most of the time). I am only really competitive in sports, games of skill, head to head etc. But I don't consider myself competitive cut throat type when it comes to work/business etc.

I am definitely a carnivore and don't eat many veggies, so I am not sure how you can type diet.

In general, America has a "winner take all" mentality.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

+1