User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Procrastination Help!

...will come back to elaborate on my post/problem later. (I have class now)

EDIT:

Anyway, I have the biggest problem trying to get ANY kind of studying done. In fact, I had an idea of actually doing my elective work first (oddly like a J) in order to make time to study for my core classes, since I already know I like to study the day of to right until the start of the actual exam and it hasn't worked. For the most part, I've pulled off, IMO, a satisfying B average. And now with less than a week to study, I still do not want to do anything pertaining to my core classes...yet. This doesn't stop here, but even meshes over to other events in my life. For example, I had to renew my license in December, but I didn't do it until yesterday (only because I had the desire to buy alcohol). I'm starting to realize this a major problem for me. I've tried making lists, but I never really followed them. I've tried breaking it up in sections, but I end up losing track of what sections I previously stopped at. Don't get me wrong, I like organization, but only with personal projects.

This might seem like the blind the leading the blind, but what are tips from other NTPs who experience this same problem?

PS. In fact, I shouldn't even be on here, lol.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w3
    Socionics
    sx

Anything said here will help me too T_T!
    "Try and fail, try again and fail better!"

E67% N84% T67% P95% (Procastination FTW, begining next monday)

"It's not bad gammar, it's a sexy brasilian accent"

R12:21

MBTI
    ENTP

I also procrastinate a lot ...

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I'm not considered an NT but try to ask the closest and meanest friend you have, to test you every time you meet up and as punishment if you slip up: He'll be as frustrating as possible and make you pain yourself. I know what you are thinking, and I'm afraid you'll avoid the meat-bag if you try this idea. Or it'll just say "not my problem".

Here's a thought that isn't as much of a fantasy as the one above: Engage yourself into other things than what you like, with or without other people. Things that aren't forced upon you. That should take care of the procrastination or make more of it. I guess that's the "self-discipline" bit.

PS. I'm gtzk and I'm a procrastinoholic.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Scorquendo View Post
    ...will come back to elaborate on my post/problem later. (I have class now)

EDIT:

Anyway, I have the biggest problem trying to get ANY kind of studying done. In fact, I had an idea of actually doing my elective work first (oddly like a J) in order to make time to study for my core classes, since I already know I like to study the day of to right until the start of the actual exam and it hasn't worked. For the most part, I've pulled off, IMO, a satisfying B average. And now with less than a week to study, I still do not want to do anything pertaining to my core classes...yet. This doesn't stop here, but even meshes over to other events in my life. For example, I had to renew my license in December, but I didn't do it until yesterday (only because I had the desire to buy alcohol). I'm starting to realize this a major problem for me. I've tried making lists, but I never really followed them. I've tried breaking it up in sections, but I end up losing track of what sections I previously stopped at. Don't get me wrong, I like organization, but only with personal projects.

This might seem like the blind the leading the blind, but what are tips from other NTPs who experience this same problem?

PS. In fact, I shouldn't even be on here, lol.
    Adderall XR.

Take one pill in the morning, consider the rest done.

Did you ever watch the movie Limitless?

I liken my life to the main character. I have been taking Adderall for two years and flew up the corporate ladder until I decided to resign because I found it more profitable to start my own hedge fund.

I also love it how people dismiss the notion of taking a pill to get work done because they deem it to be ineffective. Lucky that I have proof that these silver bullets got me to where I want to be in life.

I wake up at 4AM every day because I look forward to my exciting day. Pop an Adderall, and plow like a machine with enjoyment through more work that most people would do in a year.

This morning I was able to react to the Japan tsunami first before heavy trading activity latter in the morning transpired. Shorted the USD/JPY pair at first notice, it tanked to the stop loss support zone at 82.75 - thereafter triggering a mega wave of big dollar institutional stop loss orders, and exited all positions near record support at 81.00 before the rally. Easy $875.34.

Could you only imagine if everyone took Adderall? There would be no point in being an over-achiever because it would be the norm.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

*pops an Adderall and begins climbing the corporate ladder*
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

If I could develop a cure for procrastination, I could make billions. Too bad I probably won't get around to developing one...

The only thing that seems to help me at all is becoming intensely interested in my goals, and writing them down everywhere.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    *pops an Adderall and begins climbing the corporate ladder*
    Yea, and what happens when there is no more ladder to climb? What happens when you reach the top?

You will then be able to see from the peak of your emphanage window how the world truly operates.

People inscribe the concept of having a job in their minds as if there is no other alternative. The reality is, having a job is a hell of a game.

I played it once before, and ultimately beat the game.

I pretended to be dumber than my superiors but smarter than my subordinates so I was always the perfect candidate for a promotion. The officers fear that the board would discover someone else is qualified for their position, so the officers take every action necessary to make sure the “one under them” is dumber but the most qualified to take over. Then each officer moves up the game ladder, leaving a trail of dumb armatures in their wake.

I played dumb, notched up my intelligence to be the “perfect candidate,” and I ultimately became the CFO of the private holdings company Intermax Securities.

We hired traders that were GREAT, but dumb enough to not realize they could be netting what they made for us with their own proprietary capital.

I remember how the CEO reacted when he found out half of our team could outperform every single trade he ever made. We had REALLY smart people working for us, and they knew far more about profitable capital management than we did!

But they were smart, we were clever. They had the brains; we knew how to leverage their brains to pay for our Miami corporate vacation trips. They could do complex math in a flash, we could count money fast.

I resigned and started my own holdings company. Thank be to the anonymity of the internet, everyone I know will just wake up in the morning and continue working from 9 to 5.

Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.

But I have to admit, those silver bullets I spoke of previously did the trick. It is also my understanding that very few people will take the initiative to look into it. The psychology of the circumstance is quite interesting; when you tell someone to do X for Y and consider the rest done - they mistake its simplicity for irrelevance. I suppose the less people that know, the better. If anybody here has ever taken Adderall and you are proficient in finance, you know exactly what I mean.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    Yea, and what happens when there is no more ladder to climb? What happens when you reach the top?

You will then be able to see from the peak of your emphanage window how the world truly operates.

People inscribe the concept of having a job in their minds as if there is no other alternative. The reality is, having a job is a hell of a game.

I played it once before, and ultimately beat the game.

I pretended to be dumber than my superiors but smarter than my subordinates so I was always the perfect candidate for a promotion. The officers fear that the board would discover someone else is qualified for their position, so the officers take every action necessary to make sure the “one under them” is dumber but the most qualified to take over. Then each officer moves up the game ladder, leaving a trail of dumb armatures in their wake.

I played dumb, notched up my intelligence to be the “perfect candidate,” and I ultimately became the CFO of the private holdings company Intermax Securities.

We hired traders that were GREAT, but dumb enough to not realize they could be netting what they made for us with their own proprietary capital.

I remember how the CEO reacted when he found out half of our team could outperform every single trade he ever made. We had REALLY smart people working for us, and they knew far more about profitable capital management than we did!

But they were smart, we were clever. They had the brains; we knew how to leverage their brains to pay for our Miami corporate vacation trips. They could do complex math in a flash, we could count money fast.

I resigned and started my own holdings company. Thank be to the anonymity of the internet, everyone I know will just wake up in the morning and continue working from 9 to 5.

Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.

But I have to admit, those silver bullets I spoke of previously did the trick. It is also my understanding that very few people will take the initiative to look into it. The psychology of the circumstance is quite interesting; when you tell someone to do X for Y and consider the rest done - they mistake its simplicity for irrelevance. I suppose the less people that know, the better. If anybody here has ever taken Adderall and you are proficient in finance, you know exactly what I mean.
    Lies. I took Ritalin, which is the same thing. It works for a week or two, then your body builds a tolerance.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

The NT theory... if there is a problem, there is a drug for said problem

lol