• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Party like an NT ?!

Kuthtuk

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w3
Greatings NT comrades! I've always wondered if we as NT's have a similar way to party.
I realy like parties they can go from a flirting playground to a very very funny group of drunk friends. Here are somethings that i do/get allot in parties:

1- even though I'm surrounded by people I know or some people I've just meat, sometimes find myself just looking at the party instead of being a part of it, just simply watching other people interact.(not throughout the whole event but a few times durring the event).

2- In parties with people I know i can be a clown in the lights of wich the world has never seen, BUT when i go to a party with newly aquired aquaintances i tend to be more reserved and observant. As times passes I tend to become that clown.

3- I make "party-friends" very very easily, in a way that people think i've known a person for ages when i meat her/him about 10 min ago

4- I generaly dont party like an animal, that being withing the first few hours of the party i'm one of the few people who are still sober (that being the beggining of the party NOT the end).

So plz! If felow ENTPs agree plz share! If you are another type of NT do share too! And if you are a girl state the diferences you get when you party! =D

Last edited:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What's a party? Is that where there's like...............a lot of people................all in one place? Yeah, I don't really know what that is.

Pand0ra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I tend to cycle between observing and mingling, depending on the party. Parties with friends usually involve me awkwardly interacting with one person at a time and going outside for frequent cigarette breaks. I don't usually go to parties if I'm not going to know most of the people there, when I've done so in the past it's been fairly pointless - I sit in the corner and drink excessively until I pluck up the courage to speak to someone and by then it's almost time to leave. I just don't do well in groups...

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I find parties both a fun escape from normal life and exceedingly boring.

It's rare that people want to talk about anything more than superficial bullshit, which is ultimately boring. Though sometimes it's interesting to just sit back and watch everyone "give in to their animal natures." It's pretty funny, in a very dry, sarcastic way.

But the mingling and clowning around is fun. I don't really drink, which means I can act as drunk as I want to see the different dynamics. Guys tend to be more handsy when they think you're drunk. Also, other drunk people tend to think their actions are really subtle, when they actually couldn't be more clear...so it's easy to find out secrets that they've been withholding from you for a long time.

And really, that's ultimately pretty boring, too. But meeting new people is fun. And getting everyone worked up to do something batshit crazy is fun, too (like walking 10 miles to see the sun rise on the harbour).

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1- even though I'm surrounded by people I know or some people I've just meat, sometimes find myself just looking at the party ...
2- In parties with people I know i can be a clown in the lights of wich the world has never seen, ...
3- I make "party-friends" very very easily, in a way that people think i've known a person for ages when i meat her/him about 10 min ago
4- I generaly dont party like an animal, that being withing the first few hours of the party i'm one of the few people who are still sober

1. Definitely do that now and then. At the last party I went to, somehow I couldn't relax, couldn't focus, so I couldn't connect with the people... so I just observed them.
2. Now and then, when I feel really good... then groups of girls actually gather round me and I entertain them.
3. I make party-friends really easy as well. I usually don't have problems connecting with people, find some common interests for conversations etc.
4. Sometimes I do party like an animal... but everything has to be "aligned" for that to happen: the people, the drinks, the girls, the location.

Mephistopheles

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
I write my guesses below:

1- even though I'm surrounded by people I know or some people I've just meat, sometimes find myself just looking at the party instead of being a part of it, just simply watching other people interact.(not throughout the whole event but a few times durring the event). - INTx related (Es do that, but as more I, as more do they do that)

2- In parties with people I know i can be a clown in the lights of wich the world has never seen, BUT when i go to a party with newly aquired aquaintances i tend to be more reserved and observant. As times passes I tend to become that clown. - ExxP related

3- I make "party-friends" very very easily, in a way that people think i've known a person for ages when i meat her/him about 10 min ago - ExxP related

4- I generaly dont party like an animal, that being withing the first few hours of the party i'm one of the few people who are still sober (that being the beggining of the party NOT the end). - xNTx related

Scorquendo

MBTI Type
INTP
>What's a party? Is that where there's like...............a lot of people................all in one place? Yeah, I don't really know what that is.

Lol, yeah. That's how I pretty much felt in high school (I rarely went out weekends). In fact, I'm in college now and am barely understanding the mores of this particular type of gathering.

>1- even though I'm surrounded by people I know or some people I've just meat, sometimes find myself just looking at the party instead of being a part of it, just simply watching other people interact

So true. I can even take it a step further and be stand-off-ish, especially if I'm not with a group that interests me.

If I'm with friends whom I trust, I tend to be more relaxed - I still won't dance or sing - but I will clown around a lot more. All it takes is a couple, if not one stranger in the group and I will probably be reserved, but polite for the rest of the night.

Questions I often ask are:

What am I supposed to be doing and also why? None of the things at parties - binge drinking, acting stupid, and yelling - interest me, except for girls.

Am I really going to get anything out of this? Not to mention, I really hate letting loose with strangers.

I also think up of alternate scenarios of what could happen based upon other people's actions in the room. Call it paranoia, but I've been able to prognosticate possible danger scenarios that eventually occurred. I like going to parties with friends and mainly for surveying the girls, but I wouldn't know a damn thing on how to apply my ideas.

To be honest, I prefer kick-backs; you're with people you know and things tend to not be so hectic that you could actually enjoy yourself in a small setting. But parties are great if you do get rejected, lol. Plus, the alcohol doesn't run out so fast :)

xisnotx

Permabanned
The concept of a party has always fascinated me.....

But in all seriousness...I tend to either need a whole bunch of breaks from the actual partying...or I do the whole observation thing. They can be fun though. I can definitely see why people enjoy them...

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Partying...

Well, a lot of my friends party more than I do. If I like the people I like the party. If I don't like the people I won't like the party. And when I don't like the party I just sit there and look at everyone, I hate doing that. Sometimes I get the feeling that everyone around me is soooooooooooooooooooo materialistic it pisses me off. And I hate the rich kids at parties, acting like they own everything, including the people there.

I don't know I don't relate to a lot of the people there...they're all wearing flashy clothes, talking about fashion and media whores. Fuck that.

But I'm mostly talking about clubs, since that's the only place I party.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I'm at a party, chances are I'm pissed off at whoever lied to me about where we were going.

Partying for me consists of everyone else presumably having a good time while I carefully pick a neutral spot on the where I can stare deeply and get engrossed in my own though, yet still give the external appearance of taking part as well. Every so often someone will acknowledge my existence by asking "Are you ok?" to which I reply by mumbling out some inaudible combination of fragmented words and sounds, while also wiping the long string of drool dangling from my bottom lip. After dealing with that periodic check-in, I've usually bought myself another 20+ minutes of undisrupted wall gazing time.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
What's a party? Is that where there's like...............a lot of people................all in one place? Yeah, I don't really know what that is.

After a few drinks it really wouldn't matter anymore.

Kuthtuk

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w3
Party my dear INTXs, is a social congregation of a group individuals (preferebly humans) at a chosen spot where they will engage in social activities such as drinking, playing games, eating, flirting, interacting such and such. Parties are mostly divided into two categories:

1-parties that have an specific purpose or cause of celebration, that ranging from a thanksgiving dinner to a mad birthday party;

2-parties that are just created for the social gathering itself like random meating at a bar with friends or nightclubs;

Nomal conditions for a party:(from top priority to lesse priority, in my opinion)
1-Friends/Family
2-Consumables
3-Avaliable oposite sex
5-Music
4-Games
So on and so forth

:headphne:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Party my dear INTXs, is a social congregation of a group individuals (preferebly humans) at a chosen spot where they will engage in social activities such as drinking, playing games, eating, flirting, interacting such and such. Parties are mostly divided into two categories:

1-parties that have an specific purpose or cause of celebration, that ranging from a thanksgiving dinner to a mad birthday party;

2-parties that are just created for the social gathering itself like random meating at a bar with friends or nightclubs;

Nomal conditions for a party:(from top priority to lesse priority, in my opinion)
1-Friends/Family
2-Consumables
3-Avaliable oposite sex
5-Music
4-Games
So on and so forth

:headphne:

I still don't get it. Does not compute. Description failed to upload. :D

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still don't get it. Does not compute. Description failed to upload. :D
Alas, I get it. What I do not get is what so many people feel they get out of it. More bother than it's worth 98 times out of 100.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Think of it as a public service, like jury duty.

I don't answer their phone calls either. Nor do I open up their letters. Yes, I'm going to fight this thread until I'm blue in the face.

:solidarity:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i might be a weirdo for an INT, but i enjoy parties. i still usually feel bit stiff if majority are people i dont know well, but i think i might be bit social masochist. its not unlikely that i will drink too much(not like puking all over way, but too much as in i might act like an drunktard), but i have kinda learned not to do that every time. weed usually takes the drunktardness away, since i wont get too drunk that so easily because im drinking less if im high, but usually there is no weed, so i just get drunk. optimal setup for parties would be that i got as much weed that i want to smoke and only have just few beers so that im not rally drunk at all, but maybe bit tipsy.