• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Party like an NT ?!

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I'm at a party, chances are I'm pissed off at whoever lied to me about where we were going.

:rofl1:

Partying for me consists of everyone else presumably having a good time while I carefully pick a neutral spot on the where I can stare deeply and get engrossed in my own though, yet still give the external appearance of taking part as well. Every so often someone will acknowledge my existence by asking "Are you ok?" to which I reply by mumbling out some inaudible combination of fragmented words and sounds, while also wiping the long string of drool dangling from my bottom lip. After dealing with that periodic check-in, I've usually bought myself another 20+ minutes of undisrupted wall gazing time.

This pretty much describes my party experience, aside from the, um, drool... As soon as I enter a room I immediately begin scanning to gauge the atmosphere, type of people and environment, while searching for the perfectly placed "lookout" where I will be spending the majority of my time observing things as I look forward to leaving. I'll often end up exploring wherever it's taking place, learning more about the layout of the building than anything else, and finding an empty place where I can relax and read for awhile. Of course, I'm quite good at avoiding parties and other social events in general, so I've rarely had to endure the experience. After a while I may become relaxed enough to actually talk with someone and have a reasonably interesting conversation, provided it's not too loud.

Alas, I get it. What I do not get is what so many people feel they get out of it. More bother than it's worth 98 times out of 100.

Exactly. In the past, I literally could not comprehend the purpose of these things. Now I can understand why some people can enjoy that type of thing, but it's just not even worth it for me.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm one of those boring, overly sane people who doesn't drink so I avoid parties where drinking seems to be the main focus. There are some social gatherings though, that I do enjoy in spite of being a strong introvert. I'm more likely to enjoy it if I know at least a few of the people there and if there is some level of shared interest. I like parties where there are games (not the drinking kind) because then I don't have to necessarily make awkward conversation. I'm actually fairly comfortable mingling and going from person to person talking. What I'm not so comfortable with is if things get too intense, like some guy starts to hit on me and I'm not interested in him or if someone is really boring to converse with and doesn't seem to take a hint that maybe there should be a change of subject.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Think of it as a public service, like jury duty.
I may regret this, but I'll bite. Exactly what service am I providing others by my attendance at such an event?

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I haven't been to a party since my eighth birthday. I didn't know most of the children, but I'm pretty sure my mother acquired their "services" through some sort of bribery. It was pretty boring until some kid went into my room and started fiddling with my action figures, after I had just put them away so carefully. Needless to say, I went apeshit on the kid. From that day forth, I vowed to never be within the same vicinity of any party, get-together or other such ploys where people mingle for no goddamn reason.

And like that, my partying days were over.

fragrance

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
On an evening when there's a party and you left something undone (e.g. 90% completion) and you know can finish it easily the next day, do you feel bad about going out? As if there's some inner resistance building up against your plan to go out?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1- even though I'm surrounded by people I know or some people I've just met, sometimes find myself just looking at the party instead of being a part of it, just simply watching other people interact.(not throughout the whole event but a few times durring the event).

2- In parties with people I know i can be a clown in the lights of wich the world has never seen, BUT when i go to a party with newly aquired aquaintances i tend to be more reserved and observant. As times passes I tend to become that clown.

3- I make "party-friends" very very easily, in a way that people think i've known a person for ages when i meat her/him about 10 min ago

4- I generaly dont party like an animal, that being withing the first few hours of the party i'm one of the few people who are still sober (that being the beggining of the party NOT the end).

Ya-ha, that's me covered.

Unique

Could be an NT thing but I can't stand a party if I'm sober

Otherwise I mostly enjoy myself, I just roam around looking for some drunk extroverted girl that will do all the talking

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
I usually have a resistance for going to parties, but I just need someone to push me and eventually I will have a great time :)

I absolutely hate parties when I'm sober. Then I'm just analyzing how everyone is socializing and that's no fun when you're tired and the music is loud and the people are drunk etc... So I drink. I like to let go of thinking sometimes and a party is a great way to do that. To just turn off your brain and don't care about whether people are talking crap or not.

And then I get tired and sober at 2 am and want to go home :D

F

figsfiggyfigs

yea... no....

I decide WHEN its okay for me to go(when I haven't seem another human for a month or so) , unless its some sort of special occasion I can't get out of. My friends have tried to force me. Last time I had to go to a party to celebrate my friend finding a job, I ended up hiding in a dark closet.