User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: NTP and Fe

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Agreed with your post, but just wanted to touch on this part (above): I think NTP's that are what I would call "hard T's" (very far away from "F" on the T/F continuum) often see other NTP's (who are closer to F) as NFP's and they think we've mistyped ourselves. Like, if I bust out my Fe and start speaking that language to offer a different perspective or even to express myself in that way (why? Cuz I feel like it. I feel like getting out of super-INTP mode once in a while), then somehow I'm automatically going to be seen as an INFP. And I'm not. I'm just an INTP with a softer, mushier, more artistic flare (5w4) rather than the INTP who studies Physics over dinner, eats Chemistry for breakfast, and can't fathom the existence of a higher power or anything that hasn't been proven by a formula or a theorum.

How's that for sarcasm?

+1 Agreed completely, NTPs who are logic-whores IMO tend to be really unhealthy, as a former logic whore myself, I can definitely say that most of those NTPs who are afraid Fe or any sort of emotive expression or emotive reason for that matter, are sad little child, immature unhealthy people... frankly we need more healthy NTPs out there.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think NTP's that are what I would call "hard T's" (very far away from "F" on the T/F continuum) often see other NTP's (who are closer to F) as NFP's and they think we've mistyped ourselves. Like, if I bust out my Fe and start speaking that language to offer a different perspective or even to express myself in that way (why? Cuz I feel like it. I feel like getting out of super-INTP mode once in a while), then somehow I'm automatically going to be seen as an INFP. And I'm not. I'm just an INTP with a softer, mushier, more artistic flare (5w4) rather than the INTP who studies Physics over dinner, eats Chemistry for breakfast, and can't fathom the existence of a higher power or anything that hasn't been proven by a formula or a theorum.
    Yeah, we're both on the same page there. T that severe is almost like ST in that all of those topics are very much tied into physical sciences, whereas I focus so much on N that I am far more interested in the abstracted fields of rational inquiry and find intra/interpersonal systems fascinating due to their complexities and how they are experienced.

How's that for sarcasm?
    Oh. I thought you were being serious.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    +1 Agreed completely, NTPs who are logic-whores IMO tend to be really unhealthy, as a former logic whore myself, I can definitely say that most of those NTPs who are afraid Fe or any sort of emotive expression or emotive reason for that matter, are sad little child, immature unhealthy people... frankly we need more healthy NTPs out there.
    Well, it's important to remember that the functions (and our individual preferences for them) are on a continuum. A "hard T" could, in fact, be "healthy". He just has no preference for F because he is far away from it on the continuum. In fact, he probably sees me as unhealthy for using "too much F".

On a side note, I hate the whole "healthy/unhealthy" discussions on this site. Mainly because, 99.9% of the time it's talked about like this: "My ex was so unhealthy", "my mom is so unhealthy", and "those OTHER PEOPLE are so unhealthy". It's like nobody ever stops and thinks, "Oh crap, maybe I'm the unhealthy one!" Know what I mean?

There are unhealthy people, no doubt about it, but maybe we all are to some extent. I think it's often just a difference in preferences. One person wants cold, hard logic, while another person doesn't need as much and is more expressive. Some people need a BOATLOAD of attention and/or quality time (extroverts) - introverts might see this as unhealthy, but maybe it's just cuz it's so opposite from us - it "seems" unhealthy to us - it "seems" out of balance to us. But, our lack of needing it seems unhealthy to them.

Every time I see someone say "so and so was very unhealthy" I always want to say, "rest assured that he or she is probably telling people that YOU are the strange one or that YOU are the unhealthy one."
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Well, it's important to remember that the functions (and our individual preferences for them) are on a continuum. A "hard T" could, in fact, be "healthy". He just has no preference for F because he is far away from it on the continuum. In fact, he probably sees me as unhealthy for using "too much F".

On a side note, I hate the whole "healthy/unhealthy" discussions on this site. Mainly because, 99.9% of the time it's talked about like this: "My ex was so unhealthy", "my mom is so unhealthy", and "those OTHER PEOPLE are so unhealthy". It's like nobody ever stops and thinks, "Oh crap, maybe I'm the unhealthy one!" Know what I mean?

There are unhealthy people, no doubt about it, but maybe we all are to some extent. I think it's often just a difference in preferences. One person wants cold, hard logic, while another person doesn't need as much and is more expressive. Some people need a BOATLOAD of attention and/or quality time (extroverts) - introverts might see this as unhealthy, but maybe it's just cuz it's so opposite from us - it "seems" unhealthy to us - it "seems" out of balance to us. But, our lack of needing it seems unhealthy to them.

Every time I see someone say "so and so was very unhealthy" I always want to say, "rest assured that he or she is probably telling people that YOU are the strange one or that YOU are the unhealthy one."

I totally understand that, and I would agree, I guess for myself the unhealthy/healthy distinction gives me as a individual some 'goal' to work towards, I suppose. I do think it does get thrown around alot, and that in most cases it's perhaps a bit of projection and certain traits about the so-called unhealthy person and the individual that don't mesh and that certainly does happen. I think we all have to step back, and we can all have unhealthy tendencies, it's the price of being human. It isn't a bad thing, might be annoying when it has to be dealt with but hopefully the person , or both individuals are able to learn from it and be a little 'less' unhealthy than that's great.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

On a side note, I hate the whole "healthy/unhealthy" discussions on this site. Mainly because, 99.9% of the time it's talked about like this: "My ex was so unhealthy", "my mom is so unhealthy", and "those OTHER PEOPLE are so unhealthy". It's like nobody ever stops and thinks, "Oh crap, maybe I'm the unhealthy one!"
    I wonder this sometimes, when I keep getting stuck in the same problem and feel as if I don't even want to fix it, or acknowledge it as a problem; or when I see myself in the issues someone else is experiencing. I just don't make threads about it because I don't like to whine, I enjoy my privacy, I hate pity, and I don't expect people on a forum to solve my problems for me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

I do see a need for it as well, more and more as I grow older. And I don't like changing.. I feel like something is slipping away as well.. Sometimes taking time out of the day to just sit outside, look at nature, and think, helps me feel more at home inside my head. :]

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    frankly we need more healthy NTPs out there.
    I'm one
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP

Am I healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Am I healthy?
    Given that smile (or smirk) on your face in the avatar I'd say so lol, but reading your posts, it seems very mature and considerate of others but still willing to point out when an argument is flawed. It's a trait I've noticed in myself and in other INTPs, maybe it is the growth of Fe?, we are finally able to get out of our heads and not see emotions as thoughts.

I'm kind of interested in how Fe expression differs between male and female NTPs. I would say that females tend to be warmer, but at the same time I know I can be as big a troll as any guy.

Maybe it differs when male and female NTPs start to really pay attention to and value their Fe. Women might feel it sooner as their biological clocks are likely to run out sooner than men's. I know every once in a while I'm overcome with very strong, very strange maternal feelings for other people. And babies. My uterus is telling me I've only got X number more years of fertility. Gotta find me a husband and a steady income and start churning out some offspring! And that means opening up and caring for other people and building a support network to help break any falls I might have as I synthesize my new family.

I dunno...thoughts anyone?