• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Charlie Sheen

KilgoreTrout

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ That is the embodiment of winning. :laugh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way he used language and connected nouns that had no correlation but made them "make sense" screams un-medicated schizophrenic or he was in the midst of bipolar mania. I don't get any specific type from him.

KDude

The way he used language and connected nouns that had no correlation but made them "make sense" screams un-medicated schizophrenic or he was in the midst of bipolar mania. I don't get any specific type from him.

Which parts are you referring to? I know what he means by Warlock, for example.. or feasting on troll bones. He's just talking about beating CBS for canceling his show. His focus is at the point where he can only come up with a word like "warlock" to illustrate it. He has no qualms for embracing "violent hatred" and thinks he has superior mental abilities in rubbing them in the dirt, taking them to court, etc.. He also uses terms like "Vatican Assassin" which conjures up images from stories like the Da Vinci Code. A killer emboldened with divine sanction. Basically, he's illustrating his level of zeal.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
He can use metaphors. It means very little, but it does indicate some skill with language.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I was into binging for days at a time on intravenous drugs & various barbiturates , engaging in lude sex acts most likely prohibited in 3/4ths of the continental USA, unprotected of course, and rubbing elbows with the Hollywood elite, all the while having our misadventures streamed live on various news feeds and funded by affluent TV executives, He'd be a pretty cool guy to hang out with. I'm just a little too square for ol' Charlie.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
manic, would appear to be his current type.

Criteria for Manic Episode said:
A. A distinct period of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive, or irritable mood, lasting at least 1 week (or any duration if hospitalization is necessary).

B. During the period of mood disturbance, three (or more) of the following symptoms have persisted (four if the mood is only irritable) and have been present to a significant degree:

(1) inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
(2) decreased need for sleep (e.g., feels rested after only 3 hours of sleep)
(3) more talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking
(4) flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing
(5) distractibility (i.e., attention too easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant external stimuli)
(6) increase in goal-directed activity (either socially, at work or school, or sexually) or psychomotor agitation
(7) excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments)

C. The symptoms do not meet criteria for a Mixed Episode.

D. The mood disturbance is sufficiently severe to cause marked impairment in occupational functioning or in usual social activities or relationships with others, or to necessitate hospitalization to prevent harm to self or others, or there are psychotic features.

E. The symptoms are not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication, or other treatment) or a general medical condition (e.g., hyperthyroidism).

Note: Manic-like episodes that are clearly caused by somatic antidepressant treatment (e.g., medication, electroconvulsive therapy, light therapy) should not count toward a diagnosis of Bipolar I Disorder.

G

Ginkgo

Wow. I guess we should just go ahead and drop poets, singers, and lyricists in the "schizophrenic" repository as well.

KDude

Wow. I guess we should just go ahead and drop poets, singers, and lyricists in the "schizophrenic" repository as well.

I could see what she's saying. I just don't know what she had in mind specifically. Sheen strings a lot of imagery at once (without any preparation either). Coupled with his stoked attitude, it does make him look manic or schizophrenic. It should be pointed out that he just gained his sobriety back though. And by his own will. Even when people get help, you'll find that they get on highs like this.. "new lease on life" and all that. Only in his case, he thinks he's a warlock.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right good point...maybe he's all edgy and skitsy acting because he's not yet comfortable being sober...withdrawal induced mania or something...??

Usehername

On a mission
He has drug-induced delusions of grandeur and persecution. He's not throwing out bravado, he's effed up his brain and is working from very misguided premises.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Extrapolate much? Sheen isn't penning a song or a poem. He was doing an interview.

Which parts are you referring to? I know what he means by Warlock, for example.. or feasting on troll bones. He's just talking about beating CBS for canceling his show. His focus is at the point where he can only come up with a word like "warlock" to illustrate it. He has no qualms for embracing "violent hatred" and thinks he has superior mental abilities in rubbing them in the dirt, taking them to court, etc.. He also uses terms like "Vatican Assassin" which conjures up images from stories like the Da Vinci Code. A killer emboldened with divine sanction. Basically, he's illustrating his level of zeal.

I don't know how to describe it. The way he uses these metaphors are not normal. Most people use metaphors to communicate better with someone. A better way of getting a point across. Sheen doesn't do this. He uses metaphors without context. Just throws it out there and we then have to go backwards to piece together what he is talking about. It's as if it's his own internal language without filters. That's why I say a manic phase or un-medicated schizophrenia. Also, Usehername said above he does exhibit persecution and delusions of grandeur which is also symptoms of mania in bipolar.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Poets do not speak poetry. They write poetry. Conversationally, they talk like normal people.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Are you guys serious? It seemed very obvious that he was trolling the media. He was saying that shit as a joke.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Who cares? He's a deluded, narcissistic wanker who's brain has been fried by years and years of substance abuse (I mean, come on, how much of his adult life has actually been spent sober?). The crazy cannot be typed.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Poets do not speak poetry. They write poetry. Conversationally, they talk like normal people.

Conversationally, they can talk in whichever way they please. Poets can both speak and write poetry.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
attachment.php

A

A window to the soul

The media that interviewed him did the drug test live and he passed. Maybe he's high on the limelight he's in now. It just got real.

Agee

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
yeeah i was just about to make this thread...im guessing a burnout entp still strung out on crack?