First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w3
    Socionics
    sx

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Does it ever happen to you to look at all the possibilities of a specific situation and still act as if you haven't thought of anything. I mean I think of what can happen...but it doesn't change what I've decided.
    Defnetly! Like you've been pondering and thinking for ages to come to a single conclusion... you know nothing.
    "Try and fail, try again and fail better!"

E67% N84% T67% P95% (Procastination FTW, begining next monday)

"It's not bad gammar, it's a sexy brasilian accent"

R12:21

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I don't do the imagination openly anymore. I had an impulse to throw a scissor at the wall because it'd turn into a flower and paint the wall yellow with pink spots if I did. Or the possibility was there. They got so mad at me when I said what I thought about. People are so easily mad. I wonder if they apply all their thoughts to reality. I'd understand their madness then.

I think all can relate to the world of thought. Feelers just don't trust it. That's probably the difference. Thus preferences.
    I don't know. Maybe you relate, maybe you don't, maybe this blues is gettin' me high.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    I had an impulse to throw a scissor at the wall because it'd turn into a flower and paint the wall yellow with pink spots if I did. Or the possibility was there. They got so mad at me when I said what I thought about.
    That actually happened?

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    That actually happened?
    The part of throwing or the mentioning of it to others so my best friend got really mad about how I could damage the apartment and make him pay for it all?
    Not the first part but the thought and the consequences of that thought when spoken of, yes.

EDIT: realized I had already said I didn't throw it so that first part is mooooot.

I can relate to your story on some parts, but not everything. It really sucks though..

During bad times I tend to stop talking to people, and that's when I "enter" my thought world. I can come up with the most rediculous theory's and my view of the world is completely distorted. I thought that I must had borderline personality disorder, because "clearly" everything added up to that. I also began to think strange things about my friends and the people around me, how everything was pretend and not real. The only thing that was real was me and the world of my thoughts. How everything was just in my head.

Basically, you can make up your own world and everyone does to some extent. It just gets dangerous when you isolate yourself from the rest of society so your brain can go haywire on thoughts. In my experience it helps a lot to talk to people. Talking and interacting with your environment "brings you back", so to say. To go back to the borderline personality example; in the evening of the day I thought of that I talked with a friend about how stuff was being difficult and during that conversation I came to my senses. In retrospect of my thought process regarding the BPD I thought: what an absolute nonsense. How could I even think that?

I never had OCD tendencies though, but I think it is more of a psychological thing than a physiological. In my case talking to people really drags me back to reality, but everyone has his or her own ways to do that. I hope you find yours soon

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, talking to people helps. In most cases people will actually relate to what you say...even though initially you would have thought they wouldn't. And when somebody relates to what you say everything changes. When you know you're not the only one.

A bad situation will always turn worse if you isolate yourself, even though..it actually seems like a good solution initially.

And then you realize how distorted the initial perception of the situation was.

Strange things happen when people are stressed...

Relating to people is the thing what brings me back indeed...

I also isolate myself whenever I have a problem. I like to solve things on my own and even sometimes think it's weak if you can't. It gives a feeling of incompetence.. horrible xD

What I dislike about stress is that it is irrational and unpredictable and people do weird things... I avoid stressed people (IRL anyway, I can handle them online pretty well) and am scared of myself when I act out of stress rather than thoughtful consideration. It feels like being an unguided projectile and there's nothing you can do about it because you don't know or understand how you're feeling. That was one of the hardest things to learn in my teens. I was primarily focused on my Ti and blocked out everything that wasn't tangible or concrete. Therefor, since my feelings weren't really tangible, they weren't real to me. My thought processes were quite strange at that time xD (little off topic maybe)

MBTI
    ENTP

Eh...who cares about the topic...it's the interesting that matters

Stress does trigger irrational thoughts...it's actually the main cause of irrational thought. For instance if something REALLY BAD happens one's mind cannot fully comprehend/accept the situation, even more if it's unlikely...and so...you get a lot of denial and irrational shit going on. I find these things quite fascinating.

I avoid negative people...I know a guy he usually sees the bad side of things...and the funny part is that...when bad things actually happen he denies them and laughs ...ridiculous. I remember telling him...HEY you can be worried now!! Things are bad!!!!

I also tend to isolate myself when I have a problem, for a while...then I open up.