User Tag List

View Poll Results: NTs, would you marry an theist?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm an INTP

6 10.34%
  • No, I'm an ENTP

4 6.90%
  • No, I'm an INTJ

9 15.52%
  • No, I'm an ENTJ

2 3.45%
  • Yes, I'm an INTP

18 31.03%
  • Yes, I'm an ENTP

7 12.07%
  • Yes, I'm an INTJ

8 13.79%
  • Yes, I'm an ENTJ

4 6.90%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i know. but some people might think that it was created by leprecauns or brownies and i just cant stand those people
    We'd so get along
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Then I went to the USA for a year as an exchange student and omg, what a different world that was. I lived in Indiana. My host family was deeply religious, Lutherans. They send their kid to a religious private school. When I told them I had bouht a book by Mark Twain, their answer was "But, wasn't he an atheist?!". They told their son he descended from Adam and Eve and that was all he needed to know. They were also very conservative in my European eyes on many other issues and had little to no interest in intellectual debate. Kind, but very simple, down to earth people. One of my teachers was a very intelligent and well read conservative and a joy to debate. So I know not all conservative Cristians in America are like that. But that year seriously traumatized me.
    You gotta watch out for the religious whackjobs. I've only known maybe a handful of people out of the hundreds of religious people I've known that would object to something as innocent as Mark Twain. I tend to avoid them myself.

lol, Mark Twain.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I never knew religious people. I once had a hamster I tried to baptize christian so I had my first religious friend !! He drowned :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Animals do not have souls, do they, Beefeater?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

no they have a soul ! He's in hamster central now xD

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I've noticed that the younger generations tend to dump their belief in God, they're arguing online and stuff.
    So you mean the younger generations who are arguing online (since you're not witnessing those not online) are dumping their belief in God?

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    no they have a soul ! He's in hamster central now xD
    .... well, if that's what you need to believe...!
    (I think he's just pushing up daisies.)

I mean, if the whole animal soul thing is true, I wonder if dog souls chase cat souls in heaven.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have another question, since the poll is public:

@Nerd Girl, you say you would not marry a theist, but if memory serves me right, you're a vocal Christian, aren't you?
    Did I miss a post on this, or what exactly is the logic here?
    (No judgment, just curious.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

for those who think all religious people are up in your grill or that you haven't met anyone who's religious you probably have. I've known people who believe in God but they don't mention it unless someone asks directly about their beliefs. Do you really think, all christians are fundamentalist? You're suppose to be NTs, at least account for people who are christian but don't give a fuck about converting you. Oh and the same can be said for atheists, religion or lack of religion to me is a personal thing. No one except you should be deciding what to believe, and if anyone looks down on you for that kick them hard and tell them to STFU
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    for those who think all religious people are up in your grill or that you haven't met anyone who's religious you probably have. I've known people who believe in God but they don't mention it unless someone asks directly about their beliefs. Do you really think, all christians are fundamentalist? You're suppose to be NTs, at least account for people who are christian but don't give a fuck about converting you. Oh and the same can be said for atheists, religion or lack of religion to me is a personal thing. No one except you should be deciding what to believe, and if anyone looks down on you for that kick them hard and tell them to STFU
    So you are famous on the board, for not taking too much to serious and to create the occasional thread in which you make fun out of things and dont give people who think differently even a chance to have a different opinion. As in you appear to be strongly biased, stubborn and hard to convince of anything.

And you come here now and pledge for NTs to be more open to the world ? You cant be serious

MBTI
    yupp

WHat actually I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. And I posted a thread on morality I never attacked anyone in that thread. And I give ton of people chances who think differently. You obviously have terrible reading comprehension, because not once have I ever condemn someone for their beliefs usually when I make fun of someone it's because they're being closed minded and won't even consider other posibilities. I actually do consider other posibilities but it's also my right to discount them after doing so. I was just simply putting out their that you might be wrong, and I have not once made fun of someone for their religion nor have I ever said their religion is wrong. I don't judge people based on their religion.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so