User Tag List

View Poll Results: NTs, would you marry an theist?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm an INTP

    6 10.34%
  • No, I'm an ENTP

    4 6.90%
  • No, I'm an INTJ

    9 15.52%
  • No, I'm an ENTJ

    2 3.45%
  • Yes, I'm an INTP

    18 31.03%
  • Yes, I'm an ENTP

    7 12.07%
  • Yes, I'm an INTJ

    8 13.79%
  • Yes, I'm an ENTJ

    4 6.90%
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 124

  1. #51
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Sure, if he's tall, smart, plays guitar, and drives a Mustang.

  2. #52
    Member ultimawepun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    xNTj
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    So, we have different definitions of religious people
    Sorry. I do not know what you are getting at. What is your definition of religious people?

    EDIT: Okay, I think I understand now. This confusion may be my fault.
    The post I made about my past was an example to support the reason I voted 'No' on this thread, and not an example for my argument against your post. I'm sorry, I should have not rushed my post there.

  3. #53
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I did marry a theist and he subsequently became agnostic, then atheist like myself.
    and now hes going to hell because of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    What about the ones that believe in leprecauns and brownies that steal your keys?
    as long as you dont believe that they also created the world etc
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #54
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    It'd be against my religious beliefs to marry someone who was a theist. Sorry.

  5. #55
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Yes, I might have left 'intelligence' undefined to see who'd pick up on that. Though I disagree about the idea that iq is very poorly related to intelligence (problem solving capacities as pertaining to the specific needs of human culture). You don't really hear about geniuses with iq scores indicating that they're functionally retarded. It's been a standard for over a century. Dismissing it for the sake of dismissing it isn't really constructive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Well..since my whole relationship with the god concept is extremely complicated..I would never assume that someone else's is more more flawed (or less flawed for that matter). I would marry a theist..because despite being an agnostic atheist (as defined by the words that we humans have made to attempt to describe such indescribable things) I don't think my views are too far off from the christian/muslim/buddhist concept of god. I think that given the right theist it would work.
    I never really liked the term 'agnostic atheist', it feels to me like a poorly built term nearing on Oxymoron-ness. I usually use scientific/empirical agnosticism to indicate that I do relate to a degree to experimentally testable hypotheses while of course agreeing that our knowledge isn't perfect.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #56
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Do you have any actual evidence of that, or are you just spouting nonsense and expecting people to agree with you because you said it?
    Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Huh, I'd never heard that before. That is interesting. I wonder if it ties in with Kiersey temperaments?
    I'll now consider you as civilized and having apologized. Because i'm nice that way.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  7. #57
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    My girlfriend married a crackpot, how dumb is that !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #58
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    as long as you dont believe that they also created the world etc
    Don't be silly..everyone *knows* the world was created out of the body of a Frost Giant who came to be through the union of ice and fire!
    Leprecauns and brownies had nothing to do with that!

    Proof of Giant Theory
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  9. #59
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    My girlfriend married a crackpot, how dumb is that !
    Please, make sense once in a while. It's getting embarassing
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  10. #60
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,675

    Default

    I'd have to marry a theist, or if it were someone who identified themselves as athiest or agnostic they'd need to be of the unprolestyising and unpreachy variety. People think that religious people are the only ones who can be evangelical in their out look and that is not my experience at all.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 10:44 PM
  2. would you marry someone from a different plane?
    By prplchknz in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 04:04 AM
  3. [Other] NFs, would you marry an atheist?
    By Rasofy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO