User Tag List

View Poll Results: NTs, would you marry an theist?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'm an INTP

6 10.34%
  • No, I'm an ENTP

4 6.90%
  • No, I'm an INTJ

9 15.52%
  • No, I'm an ENTJ

2 3.45%
  • Yes, I'm an INTP

18 31.03%
  • Yes, I'm an ENTP

7 12.07%
  • Yes, I'm an INTJ

8 13.79%
  • Yes, I'm an ENTJ

4 6.90%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ???

I want to expound a bit more on my answer now that I have additional time:

I, personally, don't have a problem with other people's religions and have friendships with people of various spiritual beliefs. I respect and understand everyone's need for fulfillment and answers wherever they may be found. I was raised in a Christian household, was sent to a Christian school, but never felt any sort of conviction in what I was taught. After I made the decision to cease attending church, my mother told me one night (in tears) that it broke her heart that (because I am agnostic) we would be separated for eternity. It was fairly traumatizing that my mother, even though she loves me unconditionally, thought that I would go to "hell" because I did not subscribe to Christianity.

I understand more my Christian friends who look at the general philosophy of the Bible as opposed to those who strictly adhere to the literal tenants. My friends who are Muslim never freely talk about their religion, probably a force of habit due to the stigmatized status of their religion in this country.
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Damn it Eck, we stole that idea together and you didn't give me any credit in the new thread? Shame on you! :steam:

Here is what I posted in the other thread:

Anywho, they should make a companion thread to this: "atheists, would you marry a follower of one of the monotheistic religions?"

(Im very nearly NT, so my reply on this is still relevant)

For myself, I wouldn't. This isn't because I couldn't respect/like them, just belief in such things would indicate a difference in world view that would interfere with any personal connection. On the other hand, a pantheist/spiritual person would be dandy.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTP

As an atheist, I still totally would

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    Damn it Eck, we stole that idea together and you didn't give me any credit in the new thread? Shame on you! :steam:

Here is what I posted in the other thread:

Anywho, they should make a companion thread to this: "atheists, would you marry a follower of one of the monotheistic religions?"

(Im very nearly NT, so my reply on this is still relevant)

For myself, I wouldn't. This isn't because I couldn't respect/like them, just belief in such things would indicate a difference in world view that would interfere with any personal connection. On the other hand, a pantheist/spiritual person would be dandy.
    What? what idea? oh, that. Did you make the nf thread? I'd be more than happy to give credit where credit is due.

and yeah, by more than happy i'm obviously talking about hysterical levels of joy. Like the joker's drug in Tim Burton's batman. Sick stuff
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Yeah, probably. I would rather marry an agnostic a/theist, though, like myself.

Just someone who won't mind me picking apart the God argument, but won't expect me to make a decision about it.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

well. i think it would be her problem that i dont believe in god more than my problem about her believing.

if she would try to explain why god is the shit or something like that, i would argue about it until she would shut up about it or until she is convinced that there is no god.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Well... I'm a theist, so I definitely would marry a theist.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Well... I'm a theist
    sure you arent an F type?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Sure as the day is long.

I did marry a theist and he subsequently became agnostic, then atheist like myself. And then we divorced. So if they're convertible, sure, why not? (kidding, he converted himself.)

While I don't really want to remarry again, if for some reason it were to happen again, it would have to be a non-practicing/noncoercive theist, agnostic or atheist.