• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Any NT's here working dead end jobs ?

themarlins

I know a few in real life. Just wondering if there are any NTs here that work dead end jobs (low pay, low opportunity for advancement) or NTs that are unhappy with their jobs?

Tell us about it

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Yeah, my job is pretty mundane and awful. But it's getting me through until I can go back to school (hopefully this coming September).

The whole system that my employers have built their business model on is incoherent and illogical. They are more concerned with making money than keeping their employees happy (or keeping them at ALL at this point) and they have no clue as to what goes on in their stores on a day-to-day business except the numbers they receive at the end of every week. That wouldn't be so bad if they hired competent store managers to take over for them on the personal front, but instead my manager is a 27-year-old teenager who I've nicknamed "Feelings" because that's the only thing she's capable of expressing. She runs around like a chicken with her head cut off and expects us to pick up her slack in the name of "delegation." What the fuck ever.

It's a small business and it's only in it's 6th year of running so I understand there are kinks that still need to be worked out, but the owners NEVER seem to be open to suggestion. One of the owners does the scheduling every week and I swear she gets high then sits down to write them out because they're never applicable to what's actually going on in the store (she'll schedule one person to work an 11 hour shift one day and then a 4 hours shift the next...I mean WTH??). She's an ESTJ and has this vision in her head of what is "practical" and "cost efficient" and "makes the most sense" but because she refuses to take the whole picture into perspective, her vision looks more like a bunch of disjointed fragments masquerading as practicality than an actual working system. She's a perfectionist, but there's never any way of knowing how she wants things (because there's no effective communication) until she's blowing up in your face for doing something wrong.

It's just a shit-show...the entire thing. Not to mention I have to deal with the customers whining and using me (the cashier) as their outlet for any personal problems they have against the store. As if I yelling at me and degrading me is a way to change your experience or make the sausages less fatty or the debit machine run more quickly.

Haha...man...can you tell I dislike my job? :laugh: It's not ALL bad, though. There are some customers who are cool cucumbers and I enjoy being around them a lot. And most of my coworkers are absolutely fun and awesome. So I can't really say "fuck this I'm out of here" cause I do kind of have a good thing going for me. I just need to stop poking holes in everything, I guess.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Fact: most people dislike their job.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I came to conclusion that all 9 - 5 jobs are dead end. There is only so far you can get being a cog in someone else's machine. Most salaries are shit too - just a carrot on the end of a long stick, drenched in disappointment and regret.

Anyway it's Sunday night, so you best go to bed and get some sleep. There is a lot of drudging and meaningless work to do in the morning.