• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What's with the the morbid humour?

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
How cruel are these jokes? I don't consider them funny, at this rate.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you get if you flay a baby?

A boner.

How do you make a baby cry twice?

Wipe your dick off on it's teddybear.

How do you fit 10 babies into a bowl?

With a mixer.

How do you get the babies up from the bowl again?

Nachos.

Yeah, my humour is mostly dark and morbid. ENFP if you want to know.

Jaguar

So you're saying we need to work on the superficial charm, then? I thought everybody loved serial killers...

john-wayne-gacy-clown.jpg

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm detecting way underdeveloped Si and Fi :doh:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think if people can't laugh at most "dark" humor, they're taking it too seriously. At least speaking for myself, when I make "dark" jokes, it's not like I actually believe any of it. That's why it's funny, because it's so absurd.

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
"at this rate"? You mean if they were posted once a week then it's acceptable?

Of course not! I'm judging based on what has happened thus far with the 'jokes', and then extrapolate, which is somewhat risky to do, I admit.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like dark humour with some reality touch.
I mean, it's not pleasant, and therefore not funny, to imagine inoffensive babies with forks in their eyes. I'd rather imagine the poster.
Sorry. :spam_laser:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think if people can't laugh at most "dark" humor, they're taking it too seriously. At least speaking for myself, when I make "dark" jokes, it's not like I actually believe any of it. That's why it's funny, because it's so absurd.

But if you think about it.. it's NOT absurd, is it? It really happens. There really are starving ethiopians, and abused babys. So what I think is going on when someone throws out jokes like these.. is more of a 'look at how disconnected i can be from feeling, look out how comfortable and ok i am with dark shitty things' attitude.
Doesn't make the joke funny at all, nice taboo element tho.
Usually it makes the joke teller look like a shmuck because he can't read his audience. I've been too many a parties where some ass will throw out jokes like this and be socially ostracized. <------- And THATS fucken funny.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
But if you think about it.. it's NOT absurd, is it? It really happens. There really are starving ethiopians, and abused babys. So what I think is going on when someone throws out jokes like these.. is more of a 'look at how disconnected i can be from feeling, look out how comfortable and ok i am with dark shitty things' attitude.
Doesn't make the joke funny at all, nice taboo element tho.
Usually it makes the joke teller look like a shmuck because he can't read his audience. I've been too many a parties where some ass will throw out jokes like this and be socially ostracized. <------- And THATS fucken funny.

Yeah, this. Not saying that you couldn't make a funny dead baby joke, but most of these just aren't. They're morbid without going the extra step to make it original or truly funny. Because essentially the punchline is the same, no matter how many dead baby jokes you make. It's "haha, I'm saying a violent, distasteful thing about babies, and most people like babies." There's nothing clever about it. Morbid, yes, but not necessarily going far enough or being well-crafted or clever enough to be actually funny.

Many times, people think, "Oh, people just don't get my sophisticated, dark humor." No, we get it. It's just not that funny. All taboo, no punchline.

G

Ginkgo

Making people laugh at things they really don't want to laugh at is always a laugh.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAakWsFAzbA"].[/YOUTUBE]

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not saying that you couldn't make a funny dead baby joke, but most of these just aren't. They're morbid without going the extra step to make it original or truly funny. Because essentially the punchline is the same, no matter how many dead baby jokes you make. It's "haha, I'm saying a violent, distasteful thing about babies, and most people like babies." There's nothing clever about it. Morbid, yes, but not necessarily going far enough or being well-crafted or clever enough to be actually funny.
Wow, that was insightful. I admire strictly rational analyses :worthy:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I don't think anyone here has made a claim that dead baby jokes are comedic gold, or sophisticated. Over-analysis much. But there is a niche for shock humor, and it's a relatively common genre.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Making people laugh at things they really don't want to laugh at is always a laugh.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAakWsFAzbA"].[/YOUTUBE]

A little too unbelievable to be funny, IMO. Drill sargeants don't get away with that kind of disrespect and cruelty in the real world. Somehow, I don't think most people would put up with it, either. Humor requires subtlety.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think anyone here has made a claim that dead baby jokes are comedic gold, or sophisticated. Over-analysis much. But there is a niche for shock humor, and it's a relatively common genre.

From my perspective, your Corvette joke was actually funny. It had some ingenuity that most dead baby jokes missed.