• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What's with the the morbid humour?

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
I've been intrigued by how INTJs [or apparently declared ones :)] like humour that is either morbid or dry-ish. How is that so?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
INTJs tend to have the most "developed" sense of humor in my observations.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJs tend to have the most "developed" sense of humor in my observations.

Obviously you haven't read the INTJ humor thread. It was dire.

INTJs tend to have a taste for the morbid and find morbid things funny, but they're not always great at crafting actual jokes. There are a couple of exceptions on this board, but a hilarious INTJ is hardly the rule.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been intrigued by how INTJs [or apparently declared ones :)] like humour that is either morbid or dry-ish. How is that so?

The way you worded your question made me laugh. :D

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead.

Dug from the Pixar movie Up (2009).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like dark comedy. I'm not an INTJ.

rav3n

ENTJ here which shares functions with INTJs and if it's irreverent without being too crude or graphic, it's funny.

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTJ here which shares functions with INTJs and if it's irreverent without being too crude or graphic, it's funny.

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.

Agreed :laugh:

I have found a trend of ENTJs being excellent at the irreverent humor without crossing the line into just being gross. And some INTJs will more likely at least push things into the awkward zone. I have been wondering about this lately.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Agreed :laugh:

I have found a trend of ENTJs being excellent at the irreverent humor without crossing the line into just being gross. And some INTJs will more likely at least push things into the awkward zone. I have been wondering about this lately.

I think that's solely for the reaction it gets. I know I say or ask stuff and end up going no....I just wanted to see what you'd say. ENFJ man caught on to this ruse early and he doesn't usually play the game but occasionally he slips up. Funny.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you ever tasted ethiopian food?
Neither have they.

What do Ethiopians do at night?
They starve.

What's the fastest animal in the world?
An ethiopian chicken.

How do Ethiopians camouflage themselves?
They stand sideways.

What's positive about Ethiopians?
H.I.V.

I think I'm going to hell.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
How do you keep a baby from crawling in circles?
Nail it's other hand to the floor.

I know, I'm sorry. :dont:

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Whats the difference between a driveway and a baby?

Cops don't care when I pull out of a driveway.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Whats worse than 10 babies nailed to 1 tree?

1 baby nailed to 10 trees.

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
What's red, silver, and bounces off the walls?

A baby with forks in its eyes.