User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Lets take this morbid humor thread in a new direction, with dead babies numbering in the low tens of millions

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Yeah, this. Not saying that you couldn't make a funny dead baby joke, but most of these just aren't. They're morbid without going the extra step to make it original or truly funny. Because essentially the punchline is the same, no matter how many dead baby jokes you make. It's "haha, I'm saying a violent, distasteful thing about babies, and most people like babies." There's nothing clever about it. Morbid, yes, but not necessarily going far enough or being well-crafted or clever enough to be actually funny.

Many times, people think, "Oh, people just don't get my sophisticated, dark humor." No, we get it. It's just not that funny. All taboo, no punchline.
    This is exactly what I was going to try to say.

Quoted for this, and for emphasis.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Lets take this morbid humor thread in a new direction, with dead babies numbering in the low tens of millions

...and now we have sunk to a new low. How much lower can these jokes take?
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to try to say.

Quoted for this, and for emphasis.
    Seconded.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

MBTI
    INFX

I'd characterize my friend's humor as a supreme appreciation for the absurd. (He's the only INTJ I know, though.)

MBTI
    INTP

Well, I don't think everything dark and cruel is funny at all, frankly that is why I am disconnected from most of humanity. Humankind is often dark and cruel and not funny. I actually am curious why these do strike me as humorous, though not the sexually abusive ones AT ALL. Hmm...retreats to consider.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

I have a very morbid sense of humour. It's just the best material.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Come to think of it, I'll now interject with some suggestions:

1) Miscommunication: we may have the context in our heads, but other people don't see things the way we do
    2) Wanting to be part of a small group of people who 'gets' this sort of humour which is often in bad taste by everyone else
    3) The 'Ni' sense of seeing the tradgo-comedy of the affairs and lives of humans
    4) Annoying others just for the fun of it

Any more?

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    A little too unbelievable to be funny, IMO. Drill sargeants don't get away with that kind of disrespect and cruelty in the real world. Somehow, I don't think most people would put up with it, either. Humor requires subtlety.
    Drill instructors get away with a lot more than you'd think. They're not even supposed to touch recruits, but it happens. As far as verbal abuse, that's a given. I've heard stories about boot camp in Vietnam. It was more ruthless back then.

Here's a modern day ass chewing in basic training.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAo06JHOtRk"]Firewatch[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTJ

Hahaha! best thread in a long time... I sure have a morbid humour..

Why do ducks have so big feet?

So they can extinguish grassfires.

Why do elephants have so big feet?

So they can extinguish burning ducks.

Something like that in norwegian.. Its the only joke i can.. but i need to memories the dead baby jokes just to scare of girls when im bored and wants to get away.. or just to scare a fat girl away.. or something.