User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'm detecting way underdeveloped Si and Fi
    ...or maybe these people making the jokes don't understand that other people can resent them for that
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I like dark humour with some reality touch.
    I mean, it's not pleasant, and therefore not funny, to imagine inoffensive babies with forks in their eyes. I'd rather imagine the poster.
    Sorry.

Banned

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I think if people can't laugh at most "dark" humor, they're taking it too seriously. At least speaking for myself, when I make "dark" jokes, it's not like I actually believe any of it. That's why it's funny, because it's so absurd.
    But if you think about it.. it's NOT absurd, is it? It really happens. There really are starving ethiopians, and abused babys. So what I think is going on when someone throws out jokes like these.. is more of a 'look at how disconnected i can be from feeling, look out how comfortable and ok i am with dark shitty things' attitude.
    Doesn't make the joke funny at all, nice taboo element tho.
    Usually it makes the joke teller look like a shmuck because he can't read his audience. I've been too many a parties where some ass will throw out jokes like this and be socially ostracized. <------- And THATS fucken funny.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    But if you think about it.. it's NOT absurd, is it? It really happens. There really are starving ethiopians, and abused babys. So what I think is going on when someone throws out jokes like these.. is more of a 'look at how disconnected i can be from feeling, look out how comfortable and ok i am with dark shitty things' attitude.
    Doesn't make the joke funny at all, nice taboo element tho.
    Usually it makes the joke teller look like a shmuck because he can't read his audience. I've been too many a parties where some ass will throw out jokes like this and be socially ostracized. <------- And THATS fucken funny.
    Yeah, this. Not saying that you couldn't make a funny dead baby joke, but most of these just aren't. They're morbid without going the extra step to make it original or truly funny. Because essentially the punchline is the same, no matter how many dead baby jokes you make. It's "haha, I'm saying a violent, distasteful thing about babies, and most people like babies." There's nothing clever about it. Morbid, yes, but not necessarily going far enough or being well-crafted or clever enough to be actually funny.

Many times, people think, "Oh, people just don't get my sophisticated, dark humor." No, we get it. It's just not that funny. All taboo, no punchline.
    Something Witty

Ginkgo

Making people laugh at things they really don't want to laugh at is always a laugh.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAakWsFAzbA"].[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Not saying that you couldn't make a funny dead baby joke, but most of these just aren't. They're morbid without going the extra step to make it original or truly funny. Because essentially the punchline is the same, no matter how many dead baby jokes you make. It's "haha, I'm saying a violent, distasteful thing about babies, and most people like babies." There's nothing clever about it. Morbid, yes, but not necessarily going far enough or being well-crafted or clever enough to be actually funny.
    Wow, that was insightful. I admire strictly rational analyses

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think anyone here has made a claim that dead baby jokes are comedic gold, or sophisticated. Over-analysis much. But there is a niche for shock humor, and it's a relatively common genre.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Making people laugh at things they really don't want to laugh at is always a laugh.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAakWsFAzbA"].[/YOUTUBE]
    A little too unbelievable to be funny, IMO. Drill sargeants don't get away with that kind of disrespect and cruelty in the real world. Somehow, I don't think most people would put up with it, either. Humor requires subtlety.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I don't think anyone here has made a claim that dead baby jokes are comedic gold, or sophisticated. Over-analysis much. But there is a niche for shock humor, and it's a relatively common genre.
    From my perspective, your Corvette joke was actually funny. It had some ingenuity that most dead baby jokes missed.