In an effort to better the quality of type descriptions, the idea came up to start a community project in which everybody who feels like gives his opinion on his type description.
The goal is to get typeC's own type descriptions, which reflect the collected knowledge of its members. Being the world's leading website on this topic I think we have the competence to produce some good stuff.
Regarding the entp description an intresting thing would be the entp I and E balance. Many entp's think that they could be intp's aswell because they are socially kinda introverted. Therefore it need to be pointed out that there is a difference between social extroversion and between that what mbti calls an extraverted perceiving function. I think this could help some people.
Another intresting thing in particular I think maybe here's an opportunity for woman that are entp to bring more of them into the type description. I have the impression the entp description is kinda genderless, yet it's often female entp's who have pointed out in threads on the forum that they didnt identify with a thing from a description.
Well first of all I think it would be a good idea to do it like the istp's and skip thru entp descriptions, marking what's good about them and what's not.
Here's the istp model:
Find entp descriptions on the internet (it's ok if you post some double, more opinions improve quality) and then mark them as follows:
1. Bold things that are true for you
2. strikethrough ([s] tags) things that are not true for you
3. (optional) change to blue the things that you think are true "in general" for your type
4. (optional) change to red the things that you think are false "in general" for your type or apply to all types equally
5. (optional) change to green the things that are type-specific but not exclusive to one type (ex: NT traits)
6. (optional) Feel free to add any general comments or things that the descriptions lack! Or post other istp descriptions you like.
You can modify this system as you wish, just explain it to others. Later on someone needs to collect all the data gathered, I dunno if that will be me you know motivation is a fragile thing, that's why I want to leave it totally open to everyone to sum things up at some point in the thread and to modify the evaluation system as you want.
The big goal in the end is to get a new entp description.
Since we are all entps, if you feel like it, you may very well write a description yourself. I'ld still want others to evaluate this then too. Think we wont get around the evaluation thing
Have fun !
P.S.: here btw's the main discussion: TypeC wiki project