User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I agree with you Q (she's omnipotent anyways ), I am only wondering: the type profiles are of course written so a majority of people could identify with them. Since all profiles are written that way, I think it's ok so far because then you really would have to choose your preference. If you tho would start to write a detailed profile with everybody bringing in his own ideas, I think the outcome will be a kinda soulless pragmatic if not mathematical personality that doesnt really fit for anyone.

So I think maybe it is even the best way to keep all profiles as general as possible, we could just try to add some more reality to them so normal people who are not crazy rocket scientist can identify with them aswell (tho I doubt there are entps who havent at least entertained the thought to build rockets )
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    (just to clarify) This is about wiki'ing the ISFJ profile as the ENTP relates to it
    This. The thread has always been about how each particular poster personally relates to a particular type description, in an effort to see what the "core essence" of "ENTP" is.

I choose the ISFJ profile because I wanted to see how much of a "horoscope" aura there actually was in the descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    But aren't some of them put together based on how the preferences for cognitive functions relate to one another? I'm not sure. If not, there should be.
    There's always "A Functional Analysis" on this page for starters. And entropie will bludgeon me with a large stick for mentioning this (), but the wikisocion descriptions provide a good template for what a function-based profile might look like.

MBTI
    ENTP

They've got all those symbols it makes it look so scientific

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    They've got all those symbols it makes it look so scientific
    Scientific and suitable for kindergarten children.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I agree with you Q (she's omnipotent anyways ), I am only wondering: the type profiles are of course written so a majority of people could identify with them. Since all profiles are written that way, I think it's ok so far because then you really would have to choose your preference. If you tho would start to write a detailed profile with everybody bringing in his own ideas, I think the outcome will be a kinda soulless pragmatic if not mathematical personality that doesnt really fit for anyone.

So I think maybe it is even the best way to keep all profiles as general as possible, we could just try to add some more reality to them so normal people who are not crazy rocket scientist can identify with them aswell (tho I doubt there are entps who havent at least entertained the thought to build rockets )
    Nah, we don't have to make it all "weird, scientific, rocket science" language for it to be understood. Just talk in terms of analyzing your own thought process, not just what your final manifested behaviours were. But, the thought process that led you to that behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    But aren't some of them put together based on how the preferences for cognitive functions relate to one another? I'm not sure. If not, there should be.
    It's not about what you can do/be, but why you may be prone to doing/being, the way you are - i.e., an understanding of the cognitive processes and their interactions in how it finally led to a manifested behaviour.

Or is that what you were getting at with "we haven't done that yet, btw. And I'm too lazy to start?" Cause I'm too lazy, too...
    E.g., Procrastination. It's not only an ENTP trait.

But, what is uniquely "ENTP" about it, let's just stick to NeTi interacting - perceiving then judging/action (= of procrastination) - is the common way it is cognitively rationalized, perhaps.

This if off my head, so take it with a grain of salt:

PROCRASTINATION
    NeTi - huge preference for perceiving externally, beyond the moment, to its possibilities, so Ti is always trying to play "catch up" with Ne's influx, and tailing behind, often......which leads to seeking more and more external input versus saying "enough is enough, let's get this shit started and done!" A struggle with internal motivation because Ne's motivation to get constantly fed may be trumping one's motivation "TO DO" versus "want to do" (Ne curious enough to find out what will happen next, to actually do, to find out). NeFi is eerily similar, I'd guess, in this way.

NiTe- a preference for perceiving, without direct data, the essence of an idea, perhaps even going as far as seeing how its final outcomes could possibly end up being, and Te trying to figure out how best to externally implement in order to get the optimal outcome given all the envisioned possible scenarios/outcomes, but the reality/environment not being optimal at that moment, so delaying implementing until "it's just right". Delaying, and delaying and delaying....

= both give us the same manifested behaviour, procrastination, but through vastly different cognitive thought processes and motivations, therein.

edit: both those ^ are NxTx loops, I didn't account for any other functions but those two - to keep it "simple".

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I think it'd be better to say what we think is true about us rather than our type. Because people tend to associate themselves with their types too much.
    Then you can just look at the data you get and see what's the general tendency.
    My personal description

Disorganized
    Takes suicidal risks
    adaptable
    Prefers to be my own boss
    hates deadlines
    Symapthetic to some people, but mostly indifferent
    want to know everything and learn information from all sources
    driven by curiousity
    scheming and calculating (don't know whether this is true for other people who shares my type)
    loyal to certain people, absolutely ruthless and merciless to my enemies
    hide my feelings, I am not particularly open
    can be sentimental, but can also be cold blooded
    between introverted and extroverted
    Experience-driven
    believe in ideas, even if they seem outrageous and unconventional
    sees the big picture
    often contradictory
    no common sense
    opportunist
    amoral

Actually the character Sylar from Heroes pretty much describe me.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ur a serial baby killer?

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Ur a serial baby killer?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    My personal description
    A little list I whipped up..

• Emotionally calm
    • Relatively outgoing
    • Well-organized
    • Analytical
    • Prepared and planned
    • Conscientious
    • Curious
    • Not routinized

• Self-sacrificing
    • Sympahetic
    • Respectful
    • Friendly
    • Holds grudges
    • Conflict-avoidant
    • "Charming" (as I've been told )
    • Image/self-conscious (for good and for bad)
    • Mirrors other people in social settings, work functions, and one-on-one interactions
    • Continually on the search for new and better methods, ideas, and enterprises; for a deeper and more meaningful explanation of phenomena

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by yenom View Post
    Takes suicidal risks
    I also take risks. Ridiculous risks.