User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I know but till now we're 5 or 6...it's not enough data...
    Although generalizing our behavior without no data is incorrect...since a type must designate about 4-5% of people...not 1. No matter how much a person will draw conclusion from one's behavior, the chances of having incorrect conclusions is pretty high....

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Although generalizing our behavior without no data is incorrect...since a type must designate about 4-5% of people...not 1. No matter how much a person will draw conclusion from one's behavior, the chances of having incorrect conclusions is pretty high....
    That's true. And pretty much where MBTI fails when it moves past just being theory.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, but there have been numerous purely speculative theories in the past that proved to be partially correct.

Even though we can't quantify our personality due to the lack of understanding of our brains...having a speculative theory is better than nothing.

I generally believe in the functions, not necessarily in how they're combined to form the MBTI types.

I don't know. It seems too simple. I wish there was more to it

But making it too complex is useless, simplicity is the best for I guess.

Who knows...

Yes, but there have been numerous purely speculative theories in the past that proved to be partially correct.

Even though we can't quantify our personality due to the lack of understanding of our brains...having a speculative theory is better than nothing.

I generally believe in the functions, not necessarily in how they're combined to form the MBTI types.

I don't know. It seems too simple. I wish there was more to it

But making it too complex is useless, simplicity is the best for I guess.

Who knows...
    Yeah, the best theories are usually the most elegant (at least, that's what the scientific community strives for anyway).

But there can be real danger in getting too comfy with a partially correct theory. Especially when it clouds one's view of incoming, better theories.

However, since personality is such a difficult thing to quantify, perhaps something partially correct is better than nothing. :P

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah...a partially correct 100 year old theory with no experimental data sucks indeed.

MBTI
    ENTP

Think of all the crap Freud said...I actually read it a long time ago.. I didn't understand shit

A window to the soul

You're right and I think that will come with time I hope; as the wiki pages evolve and people contribute. My understanding of wiki, is that the pages are forever evolving, which is kinda cool. We can also look at this from a different perspective and say that realistically a handful of people could team-up and write all of the initial pages by compiling pertinent data from this forum (not limited to this thread), and using credible sources to support their findings (for common behavior to the specific type and if there's anything notably unique compared to the other types).

Rather than initially focusing on the quantity, I'm thinking the folks leading this effort, might initially consider establishing best practice standards, and a baseline of information from this site, for *us* the contributors to use as a guideline. It would be cool to see some consistency of thought between the pages (for usability sake). So, have some common topic headers on each type page and a linked index to those topics at the top of each page where the user can click to jump down to the topic. I browsed over to the wiki site for typoc and there are links already setup to each type, but no base structure or standards, that I could see.

These are all important things to consider (including your suggestion), if we're compiling data and we want it to be meaningful and user-friendly from a contributor standpoint and a user standpoint. But yeah, I understand the power in numbers. It can probably go the other way too, where there are too many people.

I haven't followed this discussion in the other threads, but I think I'm preaching to the choir here with this approach. Then again, perhaps I'm way off course and don't fully understand the "Wiki project" goals.

MBTI
    ENTP

I wanna do the brain part.

But I don't have access to psychology articles ....

I have a question:

I have an ENTP teacher in college and he talks about a ton of stuff, anything except economy

He told us that he was a "late speaker" he found it funny that it took him a long time to start talking, but when he started, he didn't stop, and now he's talking all the time

Were any of u guys late speakers...? Or whatever it's called.

I started talking when I was 9 months old...mom told me that I was jumping around saying words
    But that's kind of wrong...since I couldn't walk at that time...so how could I jump?!
    How does a small baby jump...that's ridiculous..

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    And pretty much where MBTI fails when it moves past just being theory.
    Hmmm, I don't understand what you mean. Specifically, where does MBTI move past just being theory?

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Yeah, the best theories are usually the most elegant (at least, that's what the scientific community strives for anyway).

But there can be real danger in getting too comfy with a partially correct theory. Especially when it clouds one's view of incoming, better theories.

However, since personality is such a difficult thing to quantify, perhaps something partially correct is better than nothing. :P
    How do you (personally) determine what's correct or better?

The topic of this thread is "ENTP description". These opinions with some fact-based insight would prolly help the common folk and the Wiki project. Right now we've got a bunch of 'stuff & fluff' and it's not even funny. An all-around ENTP fail.

(BTW, I'm not kicking-up sand. I'm trying to understand where you're coming from with this.)

A window to the soul

I wanna do the brain part.

But I don't have access to psychology articles ....

I have a question:

I have an ENTP teacher in college and he talks about a ton of stuff, anything except economy

He told us that he was a "late speaker" he found it funny that it took him a long time to start talking, but when he started, he didn't stop, and now he's talking all the time

Were any of u guys late speakers...? Or whatever it's called.

I started talking when I was 9 months old...mom told me that I was jumping around saying words
    But that's kind of wrong...since I couldn't walk at that time...so how could I jump?!
    How does a small baby jump...that's ridiculous..
    LOLZ cute story! My Mom said I started talking at 6 months

My first word was "outside".

Maybe you were jumping around in one of those baby bouncers that, if hooked up between two trees, also doubles as a giant sling shot.