User Tag List

First 12

Wow, thanks for all the response, and support! And thank you for the compliments on my writing

As much as my fantastical self may want to reject this, a unanimous "watch out" or "run away" is too hard to ignore. I'm really going to try hard to friend zone them in my own head, but I am worried about the way I naturally react to being around and witnessing her person. I'll do my best to not get invested, and to interfere with this being a one-way relationship. She'll be here in less than two weeks; I'll come back to this thread and let you all know how it goes.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by StarsPer View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the response, and support! And thank you for the compliments on my writing

As much as my fantastical self may want to reject this, a unanimous "watch out" or "run away" is too hard to ignore. I'm really going to try hard to friend zone them in my own head, but I am worried about the way I naturally react to being around and witnessing her person. I'll do my best to not get invested, and to interfere with this being a one-way relationship. She'll be here in less than two weeks; I'll come back to this thread and let you all know how it goes.
    Dude. Tell her something came up, and you can't host her that weekend, and that you're really sorry. Her reaction will tell you all you need to know.

MBTI
    SEXY

It's not a type related thing. She's just messed up, possibly a serious mental issues.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    8/SX

Christ, this is script material.

I'm not mocking you, it's rather the opposite.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Oh and don't forget to mention how you're in the middle of things etc (and to have it be true if it isn't the case now), and seeing her is a thing you're willing to do if she's cool. Not your whole universe.
    Don't put your life on pause for her. Because that very Life-ness (not a real word, yes) is what empowers people and make them interesting.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    It's not a type related thing. She's just messed up, possibly a serious mental issues.
    That's a little extreme.

I've seen girls do crazy shit like this and they're not certifiable. Not so much guys - probably cause it's a different social/cultural dynamic - but I wouldn't be surprised if there were guys like this out there, too.

Emotions can make madmen of us all.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Dear God I hope this isn't the beginning of another wave of ENTP + INFJ relationship threads (i.e. type gush fests).

@OP: I co-sign to most of what's already been said. Try to establish some boundaries (although you feel very caught up) and realize when you're being used. Like Fidelia said, INFJs have a tendency to stick around longer in some relationships that seem promising though never actually prosper (particularly due to the other person) so as not to reach conclusions too irrationally or to pass judgment too quickly. Even with that in mind, you have to recognize when behavior is unacceptable regardless of how justifiable it seems.

BTW, cool avatar!