• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Christian ENTPs?

What is your view on religion as an ENTP?

• I am Christian and very serious about it

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • I'm Christian...whateva

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I was raised Christian and came to my senses

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Christians freak me the funk out, stay away!

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • I'm down with the Buddha

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I'm Muslim

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Judaism is my thing

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Athists are better lovers

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Agnostics are fearless lovers

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Dude, what the hell, you forgot mine!

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
No, because it's a small nitpick and I'm not sure if it's even correct in the first place. It just happened to be in the example that I picked.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I have wondered if free will has been taken away by society due to the dichotomy we created of good and evil.

Free will can't be taken away or given. It's not free will, then, it's just suspended un-free will. It doesn't make sense.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Free will can't be taken away or given. It's not free will, then, it's just suspended un-free will. It doesn't make sense.

There are sometimes huge valleys between whats ideally true and whats actually true

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Means tho free will may exist, like an atom exist, it doesnt mean that people always know that, like people didnt always know atoms exist. What Reflect said basically means that a society could manipulate its people with their ideals so much that your only real free will left would be to decide if you either do the things like society wants or become an outlaw

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I would emphasize the fact that punishment is the means that, in my opinion, takes away free will.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It for sure always gets you in the principals office :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would emphasize the fact that punishment is the means that, in my opinion, takes away free will.

Oh, great. Who the hell brought up a nebulous concept like "free will" in an NT discussion of spirituality?
Now we'll never get out of here! ;)

I don't have any beliefs that I haven't thoroughly analyzed to make sure they're logically sound. Maybe I'm wrong about some of them, but that just means I haven't gotten enough empirical data to change my conclusion.

My bad. I'm sure you're perfectly rational, in every way (to quote Mary Poppins).

How the fuck is that less rational than thinking a deity sent himself in human form to be killed by himself in order to forgive his creations for committing sins he himself made up?

While I'm agnostic, I'm gonna say just this comment alone shows you already don't understand Christianity. Basic systematic theology for centuries has revolved around the idea that morality reflects /exudes from God's character, rather than being "selected" or "made up" by God.

(i.e., "good" isn't "good" because God decided it was, "good" stems from God's essential character.)

Beefeater said:
Eck said:
And if one looks at the supposed 'word of God' (abraham based religions) the rules and lessons aren't even consistent with each other.
Yes, they are. You don't want to challenge me here.

Beefeater.... really?!

I think that one's gonna come back to haunt you over and over.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Me thinks people other than ENTPs are ah votin. I should have made it so you could see who was picking what as not a single "Christian" ENTP seems to want to speak up.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
We need to find an entp who goes by the name Christian in real life is my opinion

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
We need to find an entp who goes by the name Christian in real life is my opinion

I think this thread scared them away. All the Christian-named ENTPs now think there's this big vendetta against them and are off licking their wounds. :laugh:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont think any religious person could ever claim to be a T type because T is associated with being rational. but on the other hand being Ne dom can make you pretty irrational on some stuff

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
i dont think any religious person could ever claim to be a T type because T is associated with being rational. but on the other hand being Ne dom can make you pretty irrational on some stuff

Well aren't you presumptuous! :laugh:

In what ways does being an Ne dom make someone more inclined to irrationality?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It is the definition of the functions N and S in mbti that those are the irrational ones. Yet mbti means that more in the direction of them being not really controllable like T or F.

I've said earlier in this thread as a Ne dom you could appear to be more irrational regarding spirituality cause you are intrested in unconventional ways aswell. I said I like for example goa music because, I like the various connection of sounds it presents. I didnt wanted to say tho that entps are prone to being illogical more prone to being unconventional

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Many great scientists believed in God, were they irrational?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
It is the definition of the functions N and S in mbti that those are the irrational ones. Yet mbti means that more in the direction of them being not really controllable like T or F.

I've said earlier in this thread as a Ne dom you could appear to be more irrational regarding spirituality cause you are intrested in unconventional ways aswell. I said I like for example goa music because, I like the various connection of sounds it presents. I didnt wanted to say tho that entps are prone to being illogical more prone to being unconventional

ENTPs do have a tendency to bash tradition and mass beliefs.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I consider it to be the ability to make any decision without the fear of being punished.

That's not what it is at all. Free will is the ability to make decisions period. Determinism holds that people don't make decisions and are subject to the universe around them. Christianity says that God gave people free will at a certain point, so evil that happens in the world is a result of man and not God. I'm saying that it's impossible to give or take away free will, since then it's not free will.