User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your view on religion as an ENTP?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am Christian and very serious about it

14 29.79%
  • I'm Christian...whateva

1 2.13%
  • I was raised Christian and came to my senses

13 27.66%
  • Christians freak me the funk out, stay away!

4 8.51%
  • I'm down with the Buddha

5 10.64%
  • I'm Muslim

1 2.13%
  • Judaism is my thing

3 6.38%
  • Athists are better lovers

8 17.02%
  • Agnostics are fearless lovers

12 25.53%
  • Dude, what the hell, you forgot mine!

5 10.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I guess there are no rational human beings then.
    (Cuz I sure as hell can't believe that a generally rational person never has any irrational beliefs.)
    I don't have any beliefs that I haven't thoroughly analyzed to make sure they're logically sound. Maybe I'm wrong about some of them, but that just means I haven't gotten enough empirical data to change my conclusion.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I've learnt about the belief in christianity it's a choice you make for yourself, like the choice you have in choosing a partner. I never understand why it's always necessary to have so many arguements going on between believers and non-believers instead of just respecting everyone's position and that's it. Obviously there is a lot of need for arguements since christianity threads always polarize much and have mnany responses. I dont understand what it gives me tho to convince someone that there is no God who said before there is a God. I think western world makes it possible to accept different opinions and its up to everyone to choose. Am I so way off with thinking so ?
    Religion is a burden on society and responsible for a huge amount of suffering and ignorance in the world today. If that's not a reason to attempt to argue people out of their beliefs, then I don't know what is.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    I don't have any beliefs that I haven't thoroughly analyzed to make sure they're logically sound. Maybe I'm wrong about some of them, but that just means I haven't gotten enough empirical data to change my conclusion.
    So you acknowledge that you could be wrong about some things, just not about the existence of a God. Why is that single belief free from your own self-criticism?
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Religion is a burden on society and responsible for a huge amount of suffering and ignorance in the world today. If that's not a reason to attempt to argue people out of their beliefs, then I don't know what is.
    Prove it.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    So you acknowledge that you could be wrong about some things, just not about the existence of a God. Why is that single belief free from your own self-criticism?
    My reasons for not believing in God are a priori, so no. I've followed my logic and it's shown me that the Biblical Christian god cannot exist. It's impossible, because the bible is full of contradictions and logical inconsistencies. Furthermore, the idea of a benevolent, omniscient, omnipresent being is itself full of contradictions. There's been thousands of pages written on this already, so I won't waste my time telling you what they are. Here's one I guess: If god is benevolent, why does he allow suffering to occur? Is it because he gave humans free will? If so, how can you even take and give free will in the first place? If you can, it's not free will at all. Is it because our definition of suffering is too narrow and even though we might hit a pole every now and then, we are ultimately living the happiest lives we possibly can? This goes on and on but all the arguments from the theists' side are poorly made and full of confirmation bias and contradictions.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Prove it.
    What's there to prove? Look around you. There have been more atrocities perpetrated in the name of religion than anything else in the history of the human race.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

True but it gives meaning to a lot of peoples lifes at the same time. I mean it's hard to imagine but if you were in a hopeless situation like your wife will die, people some times turn to God for help, because they need someone. And it doesnt only need to be hopeless situations, if you think about this life from a purely rational standpoint, you could perceive it as pointless. Noone really likes to do a thing that he has to put great effort into and that is meaningless in the end. So religion can give meaning to peoples lifes who would otherwise maybe kill themselves out of desperation.

You cant really only say that religion is only responsible for a lot of evil without seeing that there's a flipside to the coin. I dont want to coerce you into becoming religious, I am only saying this topic is VERY complicated
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

My reasons for not believing in God are a priori, so no. I've followed my logic and it's shown me that the Biblical Christian god cannot exist. It's impossible, because the bible is full of contradictions and logical inconsistencies. Furthermore, the idea of a benevolent, omniscient, omnipresent being is itself full of contradictions. There's been thousands of pages written on this already, so I won't waste my time telling you what they are. Here's one I guess: If god is benevolent, why does he allow suffering to occur? Is it because he gave humans free will? If so, how can you even take and give free will in the first place? If you can, it's not free will at all. Is it because our definition of suffering is too narrow and even though we might hit a pole every now and then, we are ultimately living the happiest lives we possibly can? This goes on and on but all the arguments from the theists' side are poorly made and full of confirmation bias and contradictions.
    I've read many of the arguments. I'm not as "uneducated" as you might think. I'd like to know your reasoning for the belief that "free will isn't free." In that context, free does not mean "given freely," it means your will is self-determined.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

ReflecTcelfeR

I have wondered if free will has been taken away by society due to the dichotomy we created of good and evil.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I have wondered if free will has been taken away by society due to the dichotomy we created of good and evil.
    Think as long as you have good and evil it wasnt taken away, but influenced.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]