User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your view on religion as an ENTP?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am Christian and very serious about it

    14 29.79%
  • I'm Christian...whateva

    1 2.13%
  • I was raised Christian and came to my senses

    13 27.66%
  • Christians freak me the funk out, stay away!

    4 8.51%
  • I'm down with the Buddha

    5 10.64%
  • I'm Muslim

    1 2.13%
  • Judaism is my thing

    3 6.38%
  • Athists are better lovers

    8 17.02%
  • Agnostics are fearless lovers

    12 25.53%
  • Dude, what the hell, you forgot mine!

    5 10.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 142223242526 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 279

  1. #231
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    I leave religion alone, in return I expect it to leave me alone!

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    But, without God there is no reason to love or admire anything... everything just is. Without God all value judgements (including what is beautiful) are completely subjective and just the result of chemical reactions in the human brain. Nothing more.
    Value judgements are completely subjective

    I suppose then you view atheists as unable to love or admire? Bud, it's part of human nature, not something that comes with belief in a God.


    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit
    The funny thing is.

    If we (the believers) are wrong we lose nothing.

    If however, you are wrong... you lose everything.
    My life with religion was repressive and miserable, my life without religion is delightful. I gained much by leaving it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    I am almost for sure that was a funny, there is no way on God's green earth an ENTP old enough to drink would feel that strongly about it.
    There are other options, the two most obvious are:

    Joksy ENTP
    Serious non-ENTP

    I'm pretty sure she's serious after hearing her religious views on homosexuality.


    Obie has posted that he is a Christian ENTP tho.

  2. #232
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Value judgements are completely subjective
    You and others may think you believe this, but I don't think you actually act in accordance with this belief.

    Have you ever discussed mass genocide and attempted to understand the context of the situation to see if genocide was wrong in that instance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I suppose then you view atheists as unable to love or admire? Bud, it's part of human nature, not something that comes with belief in a God.
    No, they can love but their belief system doesn't give them a good reason to do so or any reason to elevate love above hate. They are both essentially just preferences driven by chemical reactions. I believe that the essential nature of love is higher than mere chemical reactions.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  3. #233
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    You and others may think you believe this, but I don't think you actually act in accordance with this belief.

    Have you ever discussed mass genocide and attempted to understand the context of the situation to see if genocide was wrong in that instance?
    I think being 100% objective is virtually impossible. Yet one can thrive for it, to better oneself in certain situations. It's better than to knock everyone out, because you got angry at them for not thinking the same
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #234
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think being 100% objective is virtually impossible.
    There is nothing approaching an objective standard of value without God.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yet one can thrive for it, to better oneself in certain situations.
    There is no better or worst without God.

    You may say you do not believe in God, but you cannot help but say and do things every day that would only make sense if he existed.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  5. #235
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samvega View Post
    I am almost for sure that was a funny, there is no way on God's green earth an ENTP old enough to drink would feel that strongly about it.

    I would go so far as to say that it's the job of Ne to question everything so by design you couldn't have an ENTP that was that religious or they wouldn't in fact be Ne dom. Just like you couldn't have an ENTP that was 100% on the E function or an INFJ that was 100% on the J function otherwise they wouldn't be their respective types.
    I said what I meant and I meant what I said. I am loyal to the people I love. After what God has done for me, I will always be loyal to him. I quickly soared to the top where few go, then fell flat on my face and lost EVERYTHING. That was no joke! God has humbled me. If there was a God in heaven, he was my only hope. Not only did he answer my prayers, he restored back everything I lost, plus so much more. I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER accept that I am capable of doing anything on my own again without him. Christ's love has set me free from the ties that used to bind me. One of those ties was foolish pride, which would often manifest as cruel jokes at other's expense. I was in denial for so long that I was doing that. No more. Now, I work on honoring God and keeping my pride in check. I'm not perfect, but I believe God does the perfecting as we try. I remind myself that I am nobody; I am only somebody because of his love and mercy for me. To whom much is given, much is expected.

    That's where I'll stand.

  6. #236
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    You and others may think you believe this, but I don't think you actually act in accordance with this belief.

    Have you ever discussed mass genocide and attempted to understand the context of the situation to see if genocide was wrong in that instance?
    My values are subjective, I don't pretend they're not. By the very definition of objective they can be nothing else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    No, they can love but their belief system doesn't give them a good reason to do so or any reason to elevate love above hate. They are both essentially just preferences driven by chemical reactions. I believe that the essential nature of love is higher than mere chemical reactions.
    Religion is your thang, good for you, but to be so blinded by your faith that you cannot perceive of any other reasons beyond a God for why people may have good reasons to elevate love over hate is so deluded.

  7. #237
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    There is nothing approaching an objective standard of value without God.

    There is no better or worst without God.

    You may say you do not believe in God, but you cannot help but say and do things every day that would only make sense if he existed.
    I am sorry but I have troubles understanding you.

    Do you mean like if I'ld believe in the goodness of people and if I'ld try to be good for example that means I automatically love God because he invented it. Does that means aswell if I drive a VW with a direct shifting gear which was invented by Porsche, I actually am driving a Porsche ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #238
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    MOAR ARGUING!!!!!!!!

  9. #239
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,130

    Default

    Beefeater is right in his belief that there are not absolute values without something like god. However, that does not mean, that, given the human condition and the world we live in, we cannot have standards. As with all positive law, a violation of those standards is a not a crime in itself but a crime against one's contractual partners. We tend to regard positive law as important even though we know that it is man-made. This tendency holds true for ethics and art as well. That is why many do not even see the 'problem'.

  10. #240
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Beefeater is right in his belief that there are not absolute values without something like god. However, that does not mean, that, given the human condition and the world we live in, we cannot have standards. As with all positive law, a violation of those standards is a not a crime in itself but a crime against one's contractual partners. We tend to regard positive law as important even though we know that it is man-made. This tendency holds true for ethics and art as well. That is why many do not even see the 'problem'.
    What I've read often now still do not understand is the thing that we cant have absolute values without something like God. Couldnt a civilization have the absolute value for example that to kill each others sucks and only derive that by logical means, cause when they kill each other they are dead ?

    Everytime "there are no values without something like God" come up in a discussion, I feel even coerced by it
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  2. [ENTP] ENTP personality type descritpion
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 11:50 PM
  3. [ENTP] Are ENTPs aggressive/forceful?
    By substitute in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 06:13 AM
  4. [ENTP] Good Qualities of ENTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 09:16 AM
  5. [ENTP] ENtp and Marijuana!
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO