User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your view on religion as an ENTP?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am Christian and very serious about it

    14 29.79%
  • I'm Christian...whateva

    1 2.13%
  • I was raised Christian and came to my senses

    13 27.66%
  • Christians freak me the funk out, stay away!

    4 8.51%
  • I'm down with the Buddha

    5 10.64%
  • I'm Muslim

    1 2.13%
  • Judaism is my thing

    3 6.38%
  • Athists are better lovers

    8 17.02%
  • Agnostics are fearless lovers

    12 25.53%
  • Dude, what the hell, you forgot mine!

    5 10.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3111213141523 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 279

  1. #121
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    WW3 will be fought cause burping cat annoyed the hell outa people:

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzP3PWq1hSk"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #122
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    And after this thread - open bar and Jello wrestling!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #123
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Well, let's begin with saying that I do understand where you are coming from but it's inconsistent, for me, none the less. I wonder what free will constitutes for you?
    Whether or not one decides that limited options means I cannot choose from all the options and thus cannot consider myself having free will is odd. I have 100% free will from what I am aware of, whether some decisions sometimes may feel harder than others.

    Yes, I have behavioral patterns and some of them are possibly and quite probably outside of my reach that I am unaware of; the ones I do have a sense of awareness however, imo, could only be the options that are open and thus what defines my free will. Then again, some may choose to define this as the illusion of free will and whether this or that is true, I cannot say and I'll never speak of.


    I'm not sure I manage to convey what I mean. If it's still unclear, I'll sit down and think and try to share it differently but if it is not and you plainly just do not agree, then I would love to be picked to pieces.
    I guess I see free will more like a theoretical thing.

    However yes, just because you are not free, it does not necessarily mean that you do not have a free will.
    But in the same time, just because you decided something freely, it doesn't mean that your decision couldn't have been conditioned unconsciously.
    Suggestion for example. It doesn't impose you do to something, but it shows that it would be more appealing and rewarding that you decide a certain thing.
    I go buy a can of coke. I decided to buy a can of coke. Yet 10 days ago, I saw a commercial that associated coke with pleasure, excitement etc. The connection stayed in my mind. I forgot about the commercial.
    Of course, I was my own decision to buy the coke, but was it free?

    Ask a person what he wants? Is he going to tell you some individual values that he defined himself? Or is he likely to want what everybody wants.
    I've noticed a lot of people, after they finish highschool, go study and specialize in things that their parents do. (or the opposite, if they've got a rebel thing going on) My dad is a cop I want to be a cop. My dad is a cop I want to be a lawyer.
    It's his free will. But is in not conditioned by many factors?

    A person develops some kind of social anxiety. He wants to do things that he would normally do, go out with people etc, but fears his intense anxiety and becomes increasingly avoidant. Was it his free will that made him decide to become avoidant?

    However, just because free will is limited, it does not necessarily mean that it does not exist. It's just limited and conditioned.
    We perceive our will as being free, but is it free?

    I don't know, I've grown to hate this term of "free will" as I have oftenly heard it in politics: "they must not strip us of our free will" "our free will is what differentiates us from...". When in fact is BS.

    In a way, we are free, but I fail to understand our freedom.

  4. #124
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    and a tendency for an irritating brand of contrariness.

    i'm agnostic, but i've learnt that belittling others for their spiritual beliefs makes you fat and grumpy.
    I would love all 2000 pounds of your grumpy fat every day and every night.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  5. #125
    shadow boxer strawberries's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ----
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I would love all 2000 pounds of your grumpy fat every day and every night.
    only if you make me scream out the name of your deity.

  6. #126
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    What's there to prove? Look around you. There have been more atrocities perpetrated in the name of religion than anything else in the history of the human race.
    It's not the religion or the ideology. IT'S THE PEOPLE.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  7. #127
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    only if you make me scream out the name of your deity.
    Good thing I'm not Hindu or you'd go hoarse.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  8. #128
    Senior Member Perch420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Tell that to Scientific American.

    There are several regions involved. No *one* god spot.



    That's an opinion only until it's proven concretely. Based on logic steps, correct? Moving from hypothetical to theory to hard proof.

    I disagree on the "why". That's not the only reason for believing in something higher than oneself. It may push people to assign "God" to what they themselves cannot explain but we're hardly living in times where schizophrenia is caused by goblins or "humors" anymore.

    When I was living in rural Ireland, there was a mystical pall that hung over the place. It wasn't in my mind. The dead die but they don't leave.

    In my own home in the States, I found the spot on the floor where my grandmother died even though I had never been told it was there. It was cold and a chill passed through me whenever I walked over it. I asked my mother and she confirmed it as the spot where my grandmother died years before I was born. I would press someone to explain that to me in scientific terms.
    People want to believe in something higher than themselves because they're weak and can't handle the idea of being the arbiter of their own fate. Why were most people in the Soviet Union atheists even though all people share the desire to be part of something greater? Because instead of having the goal to pray to Jesus and go to heaven, they had to goal to work hard and contribute to the community. Everything was planned out for them in advance; they weren't in charge of their own path in life. The majority of people want security and want a cushion to protect them from the meaninglessness and arbitrariness of life. It's the minority that accepts the universe as it is and makes something out of it instead of living in delusion that make an impact in the world.

    And the reason you "felt" ghosts was because, like Dawkins said, the human mind is very susceptible to delusion. That's it.

  9. #129
    Senior Member Perch420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    It's not the religion or the ideology. IT'S THE PEOPLE.
    It is the religion, though. The inquisition didn't just pull their shenanigans for no reason. It says in the bible that disobedient children should be stoned, that gay people need to be killed, and that rape and slavery is fine. What kind of message do you think they would get from the Bible other than that God is a hateful, bitter, and angry deity.

  10. #130
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    People want to believe in something higher than themselves because they're weak and can't handle the idea of being the arbiter of their own fate. Why were most people in the Soviet Union atheists even though all people share the desire to be part of something greater? Because instead of having the goal to pray to Jesus and go to heaven, they had to goal to work hard and contribute to the community. Everything was planned out for them in advance; they weren't in charge of their own path in life. The majority of people want security and want a cushion to protect them from the meaninglessness and arbitrariness of life. It's the minority that accepts the universe as it is and makes something out of it instead of living in delusion that make an impact in the world.

    And the reason you "felt" ghosts was because, like Dawkins said, the human mind is very susceptible to delusion. That's it.
    The people in the Soviet Union may have been atheists, but they worshiped their leaders as if they were God. In a way it was convenient for Stalin, God was no match for him.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  2. [ENTP] ENTP personality type descritpion
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs Type Profiles
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 11:50 PM
  3. [ENTP] Are ENTPs aggressive/forceful?
    By substitute in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 06:13 AM
  4. [ENTP] Good Qualities of ENTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 09:16 AM
  5. [ENTP] ENtp and Marijuana!
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO