User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 25

  1. #11
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    You asked for thoughts and this is just one... certainly not advice. If you know for sure he is not violent... find out who is gf is if you don't already know.. and tell her.

  2. #12
    Senior Member sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Change your passwords and be careful what details you give on the internet. Or, better yet, put so much online that he doesn't need to actually ask you about life. My ENFP ex joined so many groups on Facebook that I filtered out his activity on my mini-feed- definitely curbed my stalking tendencies.

  3. #13
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Well....Im being stalked by my ex b/f INTP!!!?? :steam:
    He's just not letting it go!!
    There was a lot of issues, and I decided to end it. We parted ways nicely or so I thought. But he still couldnt let it go, he kept coming back and was very indecisive.One day he wanted to marry me, the next day he wasnt sure.
    So I couldnt take this anymore, ended it and burnt the bridges. I made it very clear to him that I dont want to communicate with him. Even after that he sent me an email, which I did not reply to.

    Then out of the blue he comes, texting me and wanting to meet up. Im thinking What does a gal have to do to make you understand man! I didnt reply to his txt either, and switched off my phone. But that cant continue for ever.

    So plzzzz tell me how can I get rid of this INTP????
    He seems to be in love with me, even though hes moved on (as in hes in another relationship). That makes me even more confused.
    Is he playing games or is this normal behaviour for INTPs? How should i make him realise to NOT TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN!!?? and IM NOT INTERESTED?!!!

    Any thoughts??
    The problem here sounds like he can't take the rejection. It makes him feel worthless. My advise to another ENFP was just to ignore all phones call, text messages, everything. Pretend he doesn't exist. Do not talk to him at all. She contacted me a few weeks later to tell me that it seemed to have worked.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
    Change your passwords and be careful what details you give on the internet. Or, better yet, put so much online that he doesn't need to actually ask you about life. My ENFP ex joined so many groups on Facebook that I filtered out his activity on my mini-feed- definitely curbed my stalking tendencies.
    wow ...this sounds scary! Actually he did change his nick on the chatroom that we both visited. I know by his writing style that its him! so when hes around i tend to go quiet.

    Thanks for the tip though.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    The problem here sounds like he can't take the rejection. It makes him feel worthless. My advise to another ENFP was just to ignore all phones call, text messages, everything. Pretend he doesn't exist. Do not talk to him at all. She contacted me a few weeks later to tell me that it seemed to have worked.
    Thanks LostInnerSpace. So THAT was the advice you gave to another ENFP, I remember you mentioning it in my other thread.
    Thanks, will do.

  6. #16
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Hey Butterfly, I guess I don't consider it stalking until he starts spamming you or following you around or shows up at the places you frequent.

    I've dealt with this before and have heard friends deal with it. Sometimes people just cannot believe you don't want to speak to them again even after you have told them.

    Maybe I'm underestimating (or overestimating?) the INTP, but I think it might help to give one last final kiss-off letter/phone call. There is probably some loop going on in their heads like, "but if I tell her this" or "i've changed" or something they feel that if you hear it, things will change and you'll get back together with them.

    Did you have a final airing out of things before burning those bridges?

    Maybe having that one last shot for closure isn't such a bad idea. I'm not sure what happened in your relationship, but I think most people you've once had a connection with deserve at least that.

    There are stalkers, and then there are just peopel who screwed up or feel regretful -- which is most everyone in a breakup. The latter group will stop bugging you if given closure, for the former 'closure' doesn't exist and their stalking is more pathological. Or whatever the word is for 'normal rules for normal human behavior don't apply'.

    Just my 2 cents and hope things get better!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  7. #17
    Senior Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hey Butterfly, I guess I don't consider it stalking until he starts spamming you or following you around or shows up at the places you frequent.

    I've dealt with this before and have heard friends deal with it. Sometimes people just cannot believe you don't want to speak to them again even after you have told them.

    Maybe I'm underestimating (or overestimating?) the INTP, but I think it might help to give one last final kiss-off letter/phone call. There is probably some loop going on in their heads like, "but if I tell her this" or "i've changed" or something they feel that if you hear it, things will change and you'll get back together with them.

    Did you have a final airing out of things before burning those bridges?

    Maybe having that one last shot for closure isn't such a bad idea. I'm not sure what happened in your relationship, but I think most people you've once had a connection with deserve at least that.

    There are stalkers, and then there are just peopel who screwed up or feel regretful -- which is most everyone in a breakup. The latter group will stop bugging you if given closure, for the former 'closure' doesn't exist and their stalking is more pathological. Or whatever the word is for 'normal rules for normal human behavior don't apply'.

    Just my 2 cents and hope things get better!
    Cze Cze...that is a very refreshing and thoughtful way of looking at it! Im really feeling what ur saying.
    Yes final airing was done before burning bridges, but some questions still remained i think. Mmmmm...let me contemplate the option of a final email, but Im finding it hard to accept this option, as it will restart what can be a new wave of questions and 'what ifs'.
    But thanks for suggestion. I really appreciate it.

  8. #18
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    3. Read lots of glamour and home dec mag articles to him over the phone. When he doesn't respond, keep saying, "Are you listening? Are you therE? I can't wait until we have our own place and you can help me decorate each room! And we can move the furniture around every month to keep from getting bored!"
    4. "Do you want lots of babies? I want lots of babies. Good thing you have a good job and that you'll be able to come home at night and help me feed and change them."
    5. Tell him you already have every waking moment of your married life together planned out and schedule; practice by calling him and complaining when he doesn't call you or send you sappy text messages at the times (usually once per hour) you have designated for him.
    6. Tell him he doesn't need all those stupid books and computer games and music CDs and things anymore -- he's got you to spend time with!!! And you'll NEVER have to be apart again once you married - how wonderful!!!
    Wow. You really know how to make INTP repellent, but I guess it's not too hard when you are one.

  9. #19
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Well....Im being stalked by my ex b/f INTP!!!?? :steam:
    He's just not letting it go!!
    There was a lot of issues, and I decided to end it. We parted ways nicely or so I thought. But he still couldnt let it go, he kept coming back and was very indecisive.One day he wanted to marry me, the next day he wasnt sure.
    So I couldnt take this anymore, ended it and burnt the bridges. I made it very clear to him that I dont want to communicate with him. Even after that he sent me an email, which I did not reply to.

    Then out of the blue he comes, texting me and wanting to meet up. Im thinking What does a gal have to do to make you understand man! I didnt reply to his txt either, and switched off my phone. But that cant continue for ever.

    So plzzzz tell me how can I get rid of this INTP????
    He seems to be in love with me, even though hes moved on (as in hes in another relationship). That makes me even more confused.
    Is he playing games or is this normal behaviour for INTPs? How should i make him realise to NOT TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN!!?? and IM NOT INTERESTED?!!!



    Any thoughts??
    If you explain to him very clearly what is going on, and answer all of his questions, to make the truth as palpable as possible he will relent. The truth is, I presume that you cannot be together no matter what happens, and it just could not have been any other way. If you get him to see that this is the case, and why this is so, you should be set. So, you will have to take care of his intellectual needs there to get what you want out of this situation. Clarity and logical consistency is the primary token of INTP behavior, they tend to apply this to everything they do, your romantic relationship is likely no exception.

    So, all in all, make sure that the picture makes sense to him, that'd be half the battle if not more. At that point he may have some emotional bruises, but he will not dwell on those sentiments like Feelers often do. As soon as he entirely comes to terms with the situation on the intellectually it will be only a matter of time for him to do so on the emotionally.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    41

    Default

    DO NOT delete any of his messages or emails. you may need them for evidence later. and also so you know what he is up to. what if he tells you he is coming to your work or something? wouldnt you handle it better if you were prepared?

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP asked me out on a date?
    By wildwaterfallcurlsss in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-21-2016, 08:10 PM
  2. [INTP] Is this INTP into me, or just being friendly?
    By Elektralite in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-08-2015, 04:14 AM
  3. [INTP] Somthing that might help INTPs
    By targus28 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 04:14 PM
  4. [INTP] Please help INTP understand female behavior
    By Owl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO