User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ

Actually, you're right. I tend to intentionally act melodramatic, and if it's not for humor, I do it to intentionally to create some other effect. At the same time, though, I think I can get kind of caught up in it sometimes. And occasionally I'll reveal a bit more about myself than I am comfortable with for that situation. As Apollonian said, I also tend to use Ni+Te to verbalize it, although I never really previously viewed it as such. I thought I had a relatively good emotional aptitude, as I find myself able to word my feeling relatively well, and I tend to not go easy on myself, and I tend to push myself to dive somewhat deeply into it. Though to be honest, all my expressions of emotions tend not to sound very "feely", though I find they tend to be quite apt. People tend to understand my "situation", when I happen to verbalize it (which I can be somewhat liberal about sometimes, due to desire to vent), and as philonightmare said, I think most take it seriously. I tend to aim more towards absurdism and a slightly more "intellectually whimsical" attitude, in that I get more relaxed (or possibly stressed) and allow my barriers to slip.

I tend to be comfortable with some level of barrier slippage, but only as long as it suits me. As soon as people start expecting to understand me better or something, I begin to wish I hadn't allowed them glimpses inside my internal state. Too much of a commitment to uphold, I'm not comfortable with such expectations being placed on me.

I also find Fi to be a pretty strong undercurrent. It and Ni tend to act as my philosophical compass. Te is sort of my reality check to see if I'm maybe deluding myself to external reality, but Fi guides my "values" and my views on some ethical topics. Occasionally the basis of my views on things can seem kind of irrational/unreasoned, and I'm not always so comfortable with this.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by umop_3pisdn View Post
    I tend to only exhibit this behavior when I feel quite comfortable with people. Usually girls, as I tend to find them not as judgmental,
    If you are saying judgemental people ( and therefore us INTJs ) are a "buttpainfull" company, then I'll have to agree with you but introducing a subtle modification. Someone can find ways of being judgemental in a less annoying manner.

And I can just speak random shit off the top of my head without making me feel too weird.
    iSN'T IT GREAT? I love it.

Though I can also embarrass very easily, if someone touches on one of my relatively narrow areas of insecurity (generally those things within the social sphere.)
    Same here. But being male, double soft spot.

MBTI
    NICE

Emotions. Not my cup of tea usually - although I love a good cry at weddings (only joking!)

I read something a while ago that suggested "controlled anger" (*affected anger*??) can often deliver better results when negotiating for something, depending on circumstances. I find raising my voice an octave or two can dramatically affect a scenario.

I'd say however that I was innoculated at birth from the 3D feelings Fs get, which has it's downsides. The upside is that you probably can't sell me something I don't want, talk me into joining a wacky cult, religious sect or generally manipulate. You probably won't even get me to answer the phone.

More annoying than overt emotions are the "people touchers" who insist on patting you at every opportunity. I could kill em' - in an unemotional, non-angry way of course... I suppose that's off topic, though.
    Last edited by matmos; 03-29-2008 at 01:02 PM.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I tend to be fairly unemotional outwardly and apparently I'm quite difficult to read. For all but a select few who know me well, it's nearly impossible to tell when I'm feeling happy/sad/angry/whatever else. But I have also learned to discipline myself and outwardly control my emotions in front of other people. Yes, I'm guarded and difficult to read. Get over that.

However, if you do push me into becoming emotional... well suffice to say, you don't want to see that.

Yes, "people touchers" are quite irksome at times. I almost slapped a friend across the face because he came up behind me and gave me a hug... very touchy-feely friend. >.<
    "Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense-experience correspond to a logically uniform style of thought." -Einstein

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily — weak people, in other words — they stand no chance!" -Snape

Em. Female INTx and Proud of it. Left-handed Calligrapher. Writer. Scientist. Type Five Enneagram.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There have only been a handful of times in my entire life that I remember being angry. I can probably count them on one hand, and remember them very well. It takes a LOT to get me to that point.

I've been in the 'controlled rage' state more often than actually yelling, and when I have done it my sister says its scary. She says I get this cold, cold look in my eyes and my voice drops to a deadly, controlled and slowww tone as if I'm saying 'I'm only going to say this once, ignore it at your own peril'. In these moments, inside I am nearly trembling but outwardly I'm not flinching an inch. I've seen people physically blanche when I've been like that and slowly walk away from me like I might bite them at any second hehe.

Its not funny in the moment, and I don't do it intentionally really, but I know from experience that those times when I HAVE completely lost my temper have not been pretty. I had total meltdowns, screaming, crying, kicking the wall, sobbing on the floor. It was like all the emotion that I never feel kind of exploded in me all at once, and there wasn't anything to be done but wait for it to end. I guarantee you, those moments scared me more than they did the people witnessing it. Thats why I try so hard to control it I think.

Edit - Oops, I thought this was in the INTJ Anger thread... I coulda swore thats where I posted... lol. I guess it kind of pertains to this one too though, so I'll leave it and put my post again in the other thread
    Last edited by Misty_Mountain_Rose; 10-13-2008 at 11:13 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP

Few things are as cute as when an INTJ gets all snarky... except maybe the INTP, who gets snarky but DENIES that they are - genuinely believing they're not
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Few things are as cute as when an INTJ gets all snarky... except maybe the INTP, who gets snarky but DENIES that they are - genuinely believing they're not
    I dunno sub, I can be the meanest S.O.B. on Earth without actually being angry, just to make a point.