User Tag List

First 12

1. Do you feel more comfortable interacting with one person, or a group?
    case a) familiar people
    case b) aquantainces or strangers

Please specify if you're extraverted or introverted.

Introverted. Overall familiar. Overall one person but I can like groups if I am comfortable in what we are doing.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with?

No.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day?

Hell no.

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people?

Yeah, that wouldn't bother me.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    case a) familiar people

interacting with groups because usually it's less serious. I'm an ENTP

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with?
    I really don't mind, but talking with them is harder and there might be more silences in conversation (which I don't particularly mind).

I used to be a helpdesk employee, so I did it for work. Other then that I can talk to people on the phone for hours, but I prefer talking to them in person.

Jup, I'd just make new friends.

I'll probably edit this and post more questions, but this is all I could come up with so far.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

case a) familiar people

I feel more comfortable interacting in a group setting; that way the attention can be diverted to the more extroverted participants. It becomes uncomfortable when the reverse situation happens.

No.

No.

Yes.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

case a) familiar people b) aquantainces or strangers
    It depends on what one defines as "familiar". I find that there are several levels of familiarity when it comes to relationships. But I feel comfortable enough with people I meet on a regular basis, e.g. once a week for a couple of hours. So I would have to say yes when it comes to any acquaintances and folk I know better. It doesn't really matter whether they are a group or not.
    The only difference is that, when in large numbers, I get the chance to zone out a little bit if necessary. It lessens the strain of entertaining others.

Yes. But usually not when it comes to groups of people. There's also the case that the individual(s) might not share or even dismiss my personal core values or principles. In that case, I simply loose interest.

No.

Yes. Actually, I'd welcome it.

Clearly introvert. But if left with enough energy and a moderate incentive I can take up the role of the extrovert. It is however quite draining, making me feel like a stand-up comedian most of the time. Nevertheless, upon consideration, most cases are worth it.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

case a) familiar people -
    one person, but group is ok too. They're just different situations with different advantages and drawbacks.
    case b) aquantainces or strangers - group (by far)

I am strongly introverted.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? Not at all.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day? Not at all.

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people? Not at all.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If I actually have to interact with the people, I prefer one person, or a very small group. If I can get lost in a crowd without interacting, that can be OK, too. I am not that comfortable interacting with strangers or casual acquaintances, unless there is a specific purpose for it. If there is no purpose, adding more people just makes it worse. I prefer familiar people singly or in small groups as well.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? It is more important to me that the other person has a similar outlook or conversational value system, than that they share specific common interests. I can learn alot from and enjoy spending time with someone very different if we both want to talk about things the same level. By that I mean not smalltalk, but a deeper discussion of whatever the topic is.

Absolutely not. I avoid the phone like the plague.

Yes, and I have done it several times. If I know people, I have to start looking them up, etc.

MBTI
    ENTJ

case a) familiar people
    case b) aquantainces or strangers[/B]
    I feel at ease with a group of strangers. Complete strangers are my friends, ironically.

I can feel comfortable hanging out with people who I cannot relate to, but I would rarely hang out with such people.

No. I am the fastest talker you will ever meet. With my mouth going at 500 RPM -- what will take people a day, will take me a few seconds to say! No need to be on the phone for hours, just get to the point.

Of course. What's the point of hanging out with the same people all the time?
    got chaos?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

case a) familiar people
    One person or a small group (2 to 5-ish)

One person or a small group (same as above)

Introverted.

I'm comfortable with it, but it does require a little more "work". I will find something that we can talk about eventually. I sort of "probe" around until I get a "hit" on the radar screen. I might ask if they are a sports fan. If not, I might throw something out there about psychology or personalities. If they don't seem interested, I might say, "So what's your deal? Tell me about you!" And then they might start talking about the fact that they were in the Army or that they are frustrated in their job or that they would like to get married some day, etc. Whatever they talk about, Ne is able to connect with it somehow, some way.

Yuck.

It's literally one of my favorite things to do. Just pick up and go somewhere new. It keeps things fresh and I love exploring new places and learning where everything is at.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ???

case a) familiar people - Depends on whether or not they are a friend or merely familiar so if it's friends - either, familiar - group
    case b) aquantainces or strangers - One person (generally) otherwise I have the tendency to unintentionally let everyone else talk and just observe.

I am an introvert but converse quite easily with someone who is willing to start an interesting conversation

Yes, I don't really care as long as we get on well.

NO! I hate talking on the phone unless there is a purpose.

Yes. I always seem to find the people I enjoy spending time with and if not, I am just as happy doing things alone as I would with another person.
    "Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand."