User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Helping people is great. I highly recommend it. It's one of the best things you can do to feel good. OP should try some random acts of kindness and see if that helps. Even if it doesn't help you, you're still helping somebody, you're still an asset to somebody. Purpose is fulfilling.
    I have no desire to help people, I don't care for them. I learned that people are cruel no point of helping them.

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Or he could use that money (or even the money you spent on going to the gym) to pay for a therapist (since your insurance doesn't cover it) and get some lasting benefits.

It's like Nicodemus said, you could drink, smoke week, take meds to make your pain go away temporarily and that's effectually what getting laid will do as well. It's a quick fix that probably won't turn out to be very fulfilling in the end. Focus less on "getting a woman" and more on "improving your self to be worthy of a woman."

Yes you can change. Allow yourself to get some outside help (ie. a therapist) to help you through the roughest bits and give you a sense of accountability. What have you got to lose? Seriously, what else could you think of to spend your money on when everything else seems pointless/worthless?
    what money? I don't go to gym anymore it was waste of time. I don't have money cause I don't wanna work. I just want to STOP feeling this way.

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    couple years ago I actully believed that if I had amazing body It would improve my life, after hitting the gym for 2yrs I still couldn't get a girl. I stopped working out cause 2yrs of going to gym 5times a week all that work for nothing.
    I just don't understand why I have such a low self-esteem. but you guys probably right I need to try harder to change, I don't even know where to find this community you are talking about.

Are you guys saying someone socially awkward, introverted, narcissistic and schizoid can change? Has anyone actully achieve this?

I know I can take meds,weed,drink to make my pain go away but I don't want to turn to them.

so frustrated right now I'm gonna go for a walk

You are apart of a community right now, Otherwise we wouldn't be posting nor trying to help you move forward, step by step my friend, you aren't goign to magically get better, getting past depression is a process. Nothing will instantly cure you.

and well yes those things will take away the pain but only temporary, this quote from Kafka sums it up pretty well "My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication--it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness--it is all that I have--and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well." I have no problem with you using weed, but it should be as a tool to relax and ease your mind, and as a tool for creativity, not to take your pain away, Secondly, you aren't narcissistic (as that implies you only care about yourself, which isn't true at all, otherwise you wouldn't be here asking our opinions nor listening to them) nor are you schizoid (as that also implies that you have a disgard for the feelings of other human beings) which clearly you do not, as you wouldn't be here. You mentioned earlier that you are feeling bad because you do not have a girlfriend, one. no person should be treated as a means to an end, you are treating women as if they are just your object for sex, of course you aren't going to find anyone if that's how you view them, no one wants to be turned into a commodity, a play-thing to be used, I'm sure that you wouldn't want that either. But neither are women going to flock to you, as you have to work on yourself, the old cliche "you have to love yourself before you can love someone else" sums this up, work on getting out of your depression first, than you will meet other people as you engage in the world and create bonds with other human beings, we are social creatures, it has to happen, and even introverts can extrovert outwards, so don't say that you cannot, because you would be lying to yourself. and okay you're socially awkward, and?, so what?! you're socially awkward, use it as a quality to meet people, people like when you are honest about yourself, and chances are you will meet other socially awkward people, and you'll get through this, plenty of people here to support you and give advice!

I have no desire to help people, I don't care for them. I learned that people are cruel no point of helping them.

what money? I don't go to gym anymore it was waste of time. I don't have money cause I don't wanna work. I just want to STOP feeling this way.
    Okay I hope you see the contradiction here, you want to stop feeling depressed and anti-social and supposedly narcissistic, but yet you don't care about people... yeah that's bullshit, Clearly you do care about people, otherwise the whole point of getting better wouldn't 'do' anything, it would have no 'goal', there would be no need to make things go away if it wasn't for the sake of improving yourself so that you can interact with other people. "I learned that people are cruel no point of helping them.", we are people, and we are helping you, therefore we are not cruel, I wouldn't say you've learned that people are cruel, rather you've conditioned yourself through repetitious negative experiences and a cloud of pessimism that people are cruel and cannot be helped. People aren't cruel, some are ignorant of their own condition, some like yourself are just depressed and give up on the possibility of any type of change, but no, to say that you see no point in helping them just seems like projection on your part, like you feel that you cannot be helped. but depression is mostly irrationality and false validation of said irrational belies, hardly 'truth'.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    You are apart of a community right now, Otherwise we wouldn't be posting nor trying to help you move forward, step by step my friend, you aren't goign to magically get better, getting past depression is a process. Nothing will instantly cure you.

and well yes those things will take away the pain but only temporary, this quote from Kafka sums it up pretty well "My peers, lately, have found companionship through means of intoxication--it makes them sociable. I, however, cannot force myself to use drugs to cheat on my loneliness--it is all that I have--and when the drugs and alcohol dissipate, will be all that my peers have as well." I have no problem with you using weed, but it should be as a tool to relax and ease your mind, and as a tool for creativity, not to take your pain away, Secondly, you aren't narcissistic (as that implies you only care about yourself, which isn't true at all, otherwise you wouldn't be here asking our opinions nor listening to them) nor are you schizoid (as that also implies that you have a disgard for the feelings of other human beings) which clearly you do not, as you wouldn't be here. You mentioned earlier that you are feeling bad because you do not have a girlfriend, one. no person should be treated as a means to an end, you are treating women as if they are just your object for sex, of course you aren't going to find anyone if that's how you view them, no one wants to be turned into a commodity, a play-thing to be used, I'm sure that you wouldn't want that either. But neither are women going to flock to you, as you have to work on yourself, the old cliche "you have to love yourself before you can love someone else" sums this up, work on getting out of your depression first, than you will meet other people as you engage in the world and create bonds with other human beings, we are social creatures, it has to happen, and even introverts can extrovert outwards, so don't say that you cannot, because you would be lying to yourself. and okay you're socially awkward, and?, so what?! you're socially awkward, use it as a quality to meet people, people like when you are honest about yourself, and chances are you will meet other socially awkward people, and you'll get through this, plenty of people here to support you and give advice!
    I know drugs are temp that's why I don't wanna do it but some days I feel like maby that's my only option. I can't get in a relationship cause no girl would ever want me. I would love to have some girl to care for me. I honestly think it's impossible for me to be in relationship. The problem with working on myself is that I always want to change without puting any efforts. I don't even know where to began... I know that I need to be educated cause I'm a redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    Okay I hope you see the contradiction here, you want to stop feeling depressed and anti-social and supposedly narcissistic, but yet you don't care about people... yeah that's bullshit, Clearly you do care about people, otherwise the whole point of getting better wouldn't 'do' anything, it would have no 'goal', there would be no need to make things go away if it wasn't for the sake of improving yourself so that you can interact with other people. "I learned that people are cruel no point of helping them.", we are people, and we are helping you, therefore we are not cruel, I wouldn't say you've learned that people are cruel, rather you've conditioned yourself through repetitious negative experiences and a cloud of pessimism that people are cruel and cannot be helped. People aren't cruel, some are ignorant of their own condition, some like yourself are just depressed and give up on the possibility of any type of change, but no, to say that you see no point in helping them just seems like projection on your part, like you feel that you cannot be helped. but depression is mostly irrationality and false validation of said irrational belies, hardly 'truth'.
    I don't even know anymore, I just want it to stop. I wanna stop caring. Socializing is so stressful for me. maby I do need therapy.

can someone please talk to me on skype or something. I haven't talk to anyone eles other than my parents for long time.

A window to the soul

^ Listen to Will, the man knows what he's talking about.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I dislike drugs, but they could help you regain some perspective. Therapy as well.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Yes I went through it for decades...hello Tryptophan, Tyrosin, Tyramine, Magnesium, Vitamin B and Iodine...less sugar and fluoride and other stuff.

Speak for yourself people but if you have to love yourself before anyone else does you'll grow gray hairs around your balls. What people are ultimately saying, if your none asperger like me, then actively engaging with the ladies, asking about them, creating excitement and generally expressing your sense of humour and passions instead of being dull and negative helps while you are doing your thing. I know a friend who isn't depressed and successful but he is stiff as a card board cut out, sadly a bit like me, you can be as happy as can be and be as lonely as fuck unless you learn the cardinal rule be interesting and engaging. Without this quality your screwed, depression aside.

Oh and fuck therapy, bs! Short term its good to gain some clarity, ultimately its for you to take responsibility and own your shit before you can let your shit go.

MBTI
    intp

I been crying a lot lately, I don't know if that's my body doing that to release some chemicals. You know I have to agree with the poster above. I'll never love myself no matter how much I try to improve I can never love myself

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    if you have to love yourself before anyone else does you'll grow gray hairs around your balls.
    ^ Synapse! You bad boy! :1377:

I'll never love myself no matter how much I try to improve I can never love myself
    ^ Nonsense!!!!!

Hello me from 5 years ago.