• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you find this video funny? (Experimental MBTI Test)

Which of the following apply?

• I am an ENTJ and I found the video to be funny.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an INTJ and I found the video to be funny.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I am an INTP and I found the video to be funny.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I am an ENTP and I found the video to be funny.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am an ENTJ and I did not find the video to be funny.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am an INTJ and I did not find the video to be funny.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • I am an INTP and I did not find the video to be funny.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • I am an ENTP and I did not find the video to be funny.

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Watch this video and post whether or not you found it funny as well as your suspected MBTI type. This is an experiment by me. I posted this in the general MBTI forum as well, but I think it will help in differentiating between NTs the most.

YouTube

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Overall, not funny.

The only parts that had *potential* to be funny to me were the general idea of Tupac being in Bosnia - I could see some sort of well-put-together Saturday Night Live skit about that being funny. But, this wasn't well-put-together. It had no cohesion to it - it didn't tell a "story". It was just a bunch of random weird things that had nothing to do with each other. Like, what do Bosnian tanks have to do with Tupac? And what does WWII have to do with Tupac? And the guy with the "bowl cut" at 2:50, who was he and what was the purpose of his picture in the video? What's his connection to Tupac? I just didn't get it.

Other part that made me crack a smile was Tupac dancing - that had potential, but it didn't really go anywhere either.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It seemed retarded; I couldn't watch it all.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Overall, not funny.

The only parts that had *potential* to be funny to me were the general idea of Tupac being in Bosnia - I could see some sort of well-put-together Saturday Night Live skit about that being funny. But, this wasn't well-put-together. It had no cohesion to it - it didn't tell a "story". It was just a bunch of random weird things that had nothing to do with each other. Like, what do Bosnian tanks have to do with Tupac? And what does WWII have to do with Tupac? And the guy with the "bowl cut" at 2:50, who was he and what was the purpose of his picture in the video? What's his connection to Tupac? I just didn't get it.

Other part that made me crack a smile was Tupac dancing - that had potential, but it didn't really go anywhere either.

Do you not realize it's satirical? It's making fun of the hundreds of poorly made russian/chechen/bosnian/latvian/etc nationalist videos on the internet. Why does everything have to tell a story? Seeing lots of Si. Maybe an INTJ would have a different opinion?

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Do you not realize it's satirical? It's making fun of the hundreds of poorly made russian/chechen/bosnian/latvian/etc nationalist videos on the internet. Why does everything have to tell a story? Seeing lots of Si. Maybe an INTJ would have a different opinion?

Attempting satire does not make something funny. Failed satire is just as retarded, if not more, as what it is trying to make fun of. Anyone can throw a pile of stuff together.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no idea what I just watched there, lol.

None of it made made sense in the slightest enough for anything to be funny to me.

The nonsense itself wasn't even cohesive enough for a laugh.

Maybe I'm not getting the joke.

The music was fun though.

Sincerely,

(suspected) INTP

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no idea what I just watched there, lol.

None of it made made sense in the slightest enough for anything to be funny to me.

The nonsense itself wasn't even cohesive enough for a laugh.

Maybe I'm not getting the joke.

The music was fun though.

Sincerely,

(suspected) INTP

My thoughts too.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Whether it's satirical or not - the bottom line is that it didn't cause me to laugh. Not much I can do about that.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Whether it's satirical or not - the bottom line is that it didn't cause me to laugh. Not much I can do about that.

If your sense of humor was more developed, you'd find this funny. If you could put humor in a heirarchy with the humor that requires the least mental gymnastics to "get" at the bottom, (lolcats, 4chan, jeff dunham, etc) and the humor that requires the most at the top, this video would be at the tip of the pyramid.

The reason I posted this was to see whether Ni doms would have a different reaction to this than the INTPs on INTPforum.com. I know that the creator of that video, CBoyardee, is an INTJ. Part of Ni seems to be a sense of "awareness", for lack of a better word. Ni-doms tend to be the best trolls; this guy http://answers.yahoo.com/activity?show=Swa0PBFVaa is probably an Ni dom. I don't know, maybe this is all bullshit.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I didn't exactly laugh out loud, but I did think it was so pathetic, poorly-made, and unoriginal that it was, ironically, funny. So it got a small chuckle, but not a real laugh.

Does that make sense?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
In what way was it pathetic and unoriginal?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In what way was it pathetic and unoriginal?

Well, it was just another expression of nationalist sentiment with a lot of swearing and bragging, with the only difference being the inclusion of Tupac. It's as though they thought the inclusion of Tupac was enough to somehow make all of the arrogant bull they were using to justify their hatred more interesting and true, and gave them bragging rights, despite the fact that otherwise it's the same stuff they've been spewing for years.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Don't you understand it's satire? The guy who made it is a 20-something year old from Baltimore.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Don't you understand it's satire? The guy who made it is a 20-something year old from Baltimore.

Oh!

:laugh:

NOW it's kind of funny. Yes, that is exactly what they're like, and how ridiculous they look. He did such a good job parodying them that I thought it was real.

It wasn't quite as funny when I thought it was real, though... it just made me think, "Wow, these people have sunk to a new low to justify their nonsense."

I think the only reason I eventually got it, though, was because I had seen a few of those nationalist videos before. If I hadn't, I probably wouldn't have.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You're basically going down the path of saying "whoever doesn't find this funny, doesn't have a well developed sense of humor" - and that seems silly to me. Hopefully you're detached enough from the video that you don't take it personal, but there are a group of NT's right here in this thread who didn't find the video funny at all. What else can be said? I've posted stuff that I thought was hilarious or meaningful and it got stomped on or it got no response. That just means it didn't resonate with them - it doesn't mean they're stupid.

It doesn't matter if it's satirical or not. To me, it just straight up isn't funny. You could post another video and I might laugh all night long. But, this particular video just wasn't the one.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I laughed at my general confusion. Yeah, even if this was satirical I didn't find the content of the video that funny.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
You're basically going down the path of saying "whoever doesn't find this funny, doesn't have a well developed sense of humor" - and that seems silly to me. Hopefully you're detached enough from the video that you don't take it personal, but there are a group of NT's right here in this thread who didn't find the video funny at all. What else can be said? I've posted stuff that I thought was hilarious or meaningful and it got stomped on or it got no response. That just means it didn't resonate with them - it doesn't mean they're stupid.

It doesn't matter if it's satirical or not. To me, it just straight up isn't funny. You could post another video and I might laugh all night long. But, this particular video just wasn't the one.

Do you find your avatar funny? Do you think lolcats are funny?

G

Glycerine

By whose standards? Yours? I supposedly have really strong Ni and I still thought it was "dumb".

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Are you seriously going to tell me that if I find my avatar and lolcats funny, but NOT the video that you posted, that my sense of humor is underdeveloped?

I have seen satirical videos that I thought were hilarious. Just not this one. It's personal preference, personal flavor, personal choice.

Just look at the results of your own poll. It's not like your sense of humor is highly developed because you liked the video and the rest of us are just "not to that level yet". Cut us some slack.