• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT values?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uber's values:
  • Creativity
  • Imagination
  • Intelligence
  • Intellectual independence
  • Social independence
  • Cleverness
  • Identity

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd also say truth and honesty but more in the sense of integrity than the traditional "always telling the truth" sense that people usually mean honesty.

I think this is related to 'truth' though.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So what are some more concrete/material things that NTs value?

Some of the concrete/material things I value:
  • Computers
  • Movies
  • Video games
  • Roller coasters
  • Cinefex
  • Money (yes, the reality is that pretty much everyone values money)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Uber's values:
  • Creativity
  • Imagination
  • Intelligence
  • Intellectual independence
  • Social independence
  • Cleverness
  • Identity

Are these values, or are it things you value in people?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I went through a test that had a huge list of potential values that I could choose, and through several steps you eventually whittle it down to five. Here are the five I chose (in alphabetical order, but not necessarily order of importance):

1. Challenge
2. Collaboration
3. Creativity
4. Have Fun
5. Trust

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I went through a test that had a huge list of potential values that I could choose, and through several steps you eventually whittle it down to five. Here are the five I chose (in alphabetical order, but not necessarily order of importance):

1. Challenge
2. Collaboration
3. Creativity
4. Have Fun
5. Trust

on-line?

Ditz

MBTI Type
INTP
(Didn't read whole thread)

INTP here, OP sounds about right, and I'm an atheist.

Judous

MBTI Type
INTP
Im new here, first real post.. and im an INTP. Wow that thats is out of the way.

In any part of my life friendships, work, but especially relationships I definatly value honesty over everything else. I can deal with pretty much everything as long as I have all the information in front of me, when I feel that the other person isnt telling me everything, that will drive me crazy.

Any other INTP's have their brain conflicting with their morals, emotions?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

Yes:

I find the primary cause of this inequality is the nature in which morals and ethics are installed and upheld within our culture.

Morality is usually established by a religious quo; the nature of morality tends to deal with spiritual anchor-points: right and wrong as unequivocal decisions.

Ethics is essentially the same manufacturing point, except most ethical guidelines flourish from legal expectations that range from personal conduct to communal welfare - in most cases, ethics tend to protect the system of government to which they are associated.

The difficulty tends to arise (at least for me) when practical applications of either/both infect our ability to independently (improbable though it likely is) reason and behave.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Im new here, first real post.. and im an INTP. Wow that thats is out of the way.

In any part of my life friendships, work, but especially relationships I definatly value honesty over everything else. I can deal with pretty much everything as long as I have all the information in front of me, when I feel that the other person isnt telling me everything, that will drive me crazy.

I understand what you're saying... but do you mean "significant?" I see most people not giving all the information as a matter of course and think most of us lie routinely but not significantly understood.

Judous

MBTI Type
INTP
I understand what you're saying... but do you mean "significant?" I see most people not giving all the information as a matter of course and think most of us lie routinely but not significantly understood.

Well, if I am not giving someone all the information. It could be for manipulation purposes, or to protect someone's feelings. Whether that is good or bad intentioned for both reasons is inconsequential to me.

Ultimately I'm smart enough to make good decisions on my own. And if im not, well then that should be my fault, not because of an outside source.