• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What Do You Live For?

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
growth, meaning, pleasure and love. Money is a tool to achieve these, not a goal itself.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Do you pursue material wealth, knowledge, power, peace?

Yes.
Do you care where you will be ten years from now? Do you have a concrete plan for the next decade?

Do I care? Yes. Do I have a plan? No.
Do you have a detailed agenda for the next week? Or do you take it one day at a time?

No, but I know more or less what's going to happen. It's just the same stuff..different day.
Do you know EXACTLY what you want, or is your purpose in life a big question mark?
It's a huge question mark.

I think I've resolved myself to never finding out my purpose in life. I think I'm just waiting to die..see what happens. In the meantime I'd like my life to be as enjoyable as possible, so I chase after things that I think will give me joy. Money, knowledge, peace mostly from those options..and other stuff. I honestly don't know why I care about understanding so much..as I don't think it matters in the end..but I do care about understanding things..so yeah..

In the end I guess I'm all about understanding things, looking to see if in fact I do have a purpose in life, maximizing happiness and waiting for death..that's what I do all day.

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I live to seek power for myself, while providing peace and security to all those who live around me. That's something I'd gladly give my life for, and I ain't afraid of dying.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

I pursue knowledge and self-gratification.

Do you care where you will be ten years from now? Do you have a concrete plan for the next decade?

Not really, and the uncertainty is frightening. I could care less about being established career rise or relationship wise, it's more about not knowing who I'll be or what the cards have in store for me.

Do you have a detailed agenda for the next week? Or do you take it one day at a time?

One day at a time, but with a general outline for the future while filling in the details as new information is presented. Life is entirely too dynamic and filled with an infinite amount of variables to try and rigidly plan everything. I just take what is presented and act accordingly.

Do you know EXACTLY what you want, or is your purpose in life a big question mark?

The Pness kills me here, as I'm too plagued by the "what ifs" to actually be decisive on what I'd want to be doing. I always end up talking myself out of something with questions of "I enjoy this now, but what about X amount of years from now" or "If I invest my time into this project, what will I do in the event I'm not satisfied when I actually find a career in that field and want to move on?".

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Things I want:
-comfort
-knowledge
-love
-fun
-friendship
-money to sustain the 5 above

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting questions. Let's see...

Material wealth: Yes. But like slowriot said, it's just a means to an end.
Knowledge: Yes, definitely. I have a pretty long list of what I would (eventually) like to study either on my own or through educational institutions.
Power: I don't actively pursue power, but I can see how I might attain good deal of power if I do achieve certain goals I'm pursuing at the moment.
Peace: Internal peace, yes.

Yes, I do care where I will be ten years from now; in fact, I do have a rather solid plan for at least the next 6~7 years of my life. Beyond that, I'm not too sure yet, but I do have very specific goals I am working towards.

I take it one day at a time. I start out by listing everything that needs to be done. Then I write down about how much time I think will be necessary to complete each of the tasks I've listed. Then I assign the individual tasks to specific time blocks. The problem is that I hardly ever follow through. :doh:

I have certain goals in life, but most of those are achievable in the next 10 years. I need to come up with more things to pursue beyond that.

Tecla

MBTI Type
INTP
Struggling through the duality of my thought processes, to find a way of life that makes sense.

I've been been in and out of depression and some form of existential crisis for the last 8 months. It seems everyday brings a new outlook and goals, varying between happy optimism, mild contention/discontention, to crippling cynicism.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
What else am I gunna do? Gimme some cash, and room to enjoy to it. Learn as much as possible, have fun with as many cool people as possible, then have sex and chill somewhere people can fuck with me.

mysavior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IT
Several things, mostly.

They change with each change.

Life, eventually. Not at the beck and call of others, without effort.

Money too. And knowledge. Blah blah blah...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you pursue material wealth, knowledge, power, peace? Knowledge, certainly. Material wealth, yes but not at the cost of the things I love most. Power and peace...maybe power but not world domination. Peace, I don't know that there is a such thing. In my own house, yes but outside of that...probably not.

Do you care where you will be ten years from now? Do you have a concrete plan for the next decade? Very much so and I have a concrete plan and contingency plans and back up plans for those.

Do you have a detailed agenda for the next week? Or do you take it one day at a time? I can't even imagine not having a detailed agenda. I also plan for the one day at a time days. I love to do nothing but I have to plan for it.

Do you know EXACTLY what you want, or is your purpose in life a big question mark? I've achieved much of what I wanted. I continue on that path, adding things as I go along.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I have grown essentially oblivious of most things in the world with age. Another side effect of this is avoidance towards the majority of people, because they either confuse me or I dont understand them. And since I am as easily motivated as demotivated, I've lost a lot of intrest in the world of the years.

This a kinda dangerous thing for me, cause it leads to depressions I never saw coming.

Yet I've recognized that I am fundamentally intrested in learning, solving mysteries or creating things. Since I am living at my gf's place lately, I had to change a lot of my lazy lifestyle and nowadays have more power to work on my projects and to actually do something. She activated me a bit from a long period of phlegmatism. This is basically the best thing that ever happened to me and tho I am nowadays still very avoidant of the real world, I at least am fascinated again by simple documentaries or sci-fi series which present you with new moods. Or I am intrested in intresting projects I learned about and to understand all the knowledge about the cosmos.

So my basica motivation in the mornings is curiosity and eagerness for the new. If someone takes that away from me, I'll die

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Do you pursue material wealth, knowledge, power, peace? Knowledge, certainly. Material wealth, yes but not at the cost of the things I love most. Power and peace...maybe power but not world domination. Peace, I don't know that there is a such thing. In my own house, yes but outside of that...probably not.

Do you care where you will be ten years from now? Do you have a concrete plan for the next decade? Very much so and I have a concrete plan and contingency plans and back up plans for those.

Do you have a detailed agenda for the next week? Or do you take it one day at a time? I can't even imagine not having a detailed agenda. I also plan for the one day at a time days. I love to do nothing but I have to plan for it.

Do you know EXACTLY what you want, or is your purpose in life a big question mark? I've achieved much of what I wanted. I continue on that path, adding things as I go along.

Wow, you are just like me.

I am frightened of people that take it "one day at a time;" I have nightmares over that maxim.

It's like saying "I am going to build a house one brick at a time with no blueprint to follow" or "I am going to build a brick wall one brick at a time but I have no idea why I am building it in the first place."

I literally have the next decade of my life planned out. And of course, contingency plans over contingency plans all laid out just in case things go south.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I second Beargryllz. First and foremost, I live for love, romance, friendship, enjoyment and making a mark.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I pursue wealth only because it will allow me to have power over myself, so that I may finally live out my life in peace. So many times I said "life sucks", but now I know it's not life that sucks, it is society.

Yes, I don't want to live within a society but if I happen to be amongst one, I'd hope it would be a deviation from the current society. Maybe something like the elder days where people had a plot of land and were free to do with it what they wanted. Now you can barely go somewhere without being on "private property".

I don't do detailed well; I often rebel against what's "suppose" to be done.

I know I don't want to live within this society, but it's almost a catch-22 because I have to live amongst society (for a bit) so I can gather enough resources to live on my own.

mysavior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IT
wealth: yes. knowledge: yes. power: yes. (personal) peace: yes.

Yes. No.

No. Usually.

I know what I want. Don't ask me to articulate it to you.