User Tag List

First 12345 Last

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

growth, meaning, pleasure and love. Money is a tool to achieve these, not a goal itself.

Permabanned

Do you pursue material wealth, knowledge, power, peace?

Yes.
    Do you care where you will be ten years from now? Do you have a concrete plan for the next decade?

Do I care? Yes. Do I have a plan? No.
    Do you have a detailed agenda for the next week? Or do you take it one day at a time?

No, but I know more or less what's going to happen. It's just the same stuff..different day.
    Do you know EXACTLY what you want, or is your purpose in life a big question mark?
    It's a huge question mark.

I think I've resolved myself to never finding out my purpose in life. I think I'm just waiting to die..see what happens. In the meantime I'd like my life to be as enjoyable as possible, so I chase after things that I think will give me joy. Money, knowledge, peace mostly from those options..and other stuff. I honestly don't know why I care about understanding so much..as I don't think it matters in the end..but I do care about understanding things..so yeah..

In the end I guess I'm all about understanding things, looking to see if in fact I do have a purpose in life, maximizing happiness and waiting for death..that's what I do all day.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

I live to seek power for myself, while providing peace and security to all those who live around me. That's something I'd gladly give my life for, and I ain't afraid of dying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    I pursue knowledge and self-gratification.

Do you care where you will be ten years from now? Do you have a concrete plan for the next decade?
    Not really, and the uncertainty is frightening. I could care less about being established career rise or relationship wise, it's more about not knowing who I'll be or what the cards have in store for me.

Do you have a detailed agenda for the next week? Or do you take it one day at a time?
    One day at a time, but with a general outline for the future while filling in the details as new information is presented. Life is entirely too dynamic and filled with an infinite amount of variables to try and rigidly plan everything. I just take what is presented and act accordingly.

Do you know EXACTLY what you want, or is your purpose in life a big question mark?
    The Pness kills me here, as I'm too plagued by the "what ifs" to actually be decisive on what I'd want to be doing. I always end up talking myself out of something with questions of "I enjoy this now, but what about X amount of years from now" or "If I invest my time into this project, what will I do in the event I'm not satisfied when I actually find a career in that field and want to move on?".

MBTI
    ENTP

Things I want:
    -comfort
    -knowledge
    -love
    -fun
    -friendship
    -money to sustain the 5 above

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Interesting questions. Let's see...

Material wealth: Yes. But like slowriot said, it's just a means to an end.
    Knowledge: Yes, definitely. I have a pretty long list of what I would (eventually) like to study either on my own or through educational institutions.
    Power: I don't actively pursue power, but I can see how I might attain good deal of power if I do achieve certain goals I'm pursuing at the moment.
    Peace: Internal peace, yes.

Yes, I do care where I will be ten years from now; in fact, I do have a rather solid plan for at least the next 6~7 years of my life. Beyond that, I'm not too sure yet, but I do have very specific goals I am working towards.

I take it one day at a time. I start out by listing everything that needs to be done. Then I write down about how much time I think will be necessary to complete each of the tasks I've listed. Then I assign the individual tasks to specific time blocks. The problem is that I hardly ever follow through.

I have certain goals in life, but most of those are achievable in the next 10 years. I need to come up with more things to pursue beyond that.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP

Struggling through the duality of my thought processes, to find a way of life that makes sense.

I've been been in and out of depression and some form of existential crisis for the last 8 months. It seems everyday brings a new outlook and goals, varying between happy optimism, mild contention/discontention, to crippling cynicism.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

What else am I gunna do? Gimme some cash, and room to enjoy to it. Learn as much as possible, have fun with as many cool people as possible, then have sex and chill somewhere people can fuck with me.
    Oh, its
    You

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

Several things, mostly.

They change with each change.

Life, eventually. Not at the beck and call of others, without effort.

Money too. And knowledge. Blah blah blah...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Do you pursue material wealth, knowledge, power, peace? Knowledge, certainly. Material wealth, yes but not at the cost of the things I love most. Power and peace...maybe power but not world domination. Peace, I don't know that there is a such thing. In my own house, yes but outside of that...probably not.

Do you care where you will be ten years from now? Do you have a concrete plan for the next decade? Very much so and I have a concrete plan and contingency plans and back up plans for those.

Do you have a detailed agenda for the next week? Or do you take it one day at a time? I can't even imagine not having a detailed agenda. I also plan for the one day at a time days. I love to do nothing but I have to plan for it.

Do you know EXACTLY what you want, or is your purpose in life a big question mark? I've achieved much of what I wanted. I continue on that path, adding things as I go along.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.