• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which types are most likely to nag?

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
And not listen to what you try to say (talk over you?) respond in a hostile manner (e.g fly off the handle?) try to make you feel guilty, are very negative...hold grudges....constantly complain about their life because they are not happy about what they have to do (cleaning house for family) is creative....yet as i said before SOOO negative, forgets all the times you have tried to help, repeat the same points to you over and over....immediately start pointing out something you have done wrong, point out your flaws...make statements about things without having the knowledge to (for example, saying JK rowling stole tons of ideas without having read the books :p) etc, etc........................................ (and not understand how much all this negativity brings you down).

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ESTJs seem to do it but pretty often but however they tend to be more of the logical more articulate of the naggers.

ISFJs don't nag much but when they do it sounds like the song of the harpy

INFJ can beat a dead horse until its deal

Although I find the need to nag mimimal because I find bitching mostly a waste of breath and relatively ineffective. That being said I can be very verbally incisive when I decide to alow keeping it real go wrong.

rav3n

Looking forward to the results so I can avoid the worse type for nagging. I refuse to nag and be nagged.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fs.

And by Fs I mean females. HAR HAR!

j/k

It's really SJs. My ISTJ father actually nags more than my ISFJ mother.

rav3n

My ISTJ ex rarely nagged which is why he lasted for so long.

My father is an ESTJ and he's a harridan. Same goes for my ESTJ friend. She's a good person but when it comes to nagging, it's like an incessant drumbeat until you peel her back.

D

Dali

IME, ISFJ mother, ISFJ close-pal, ESFJ half-sister and ESTJ grandmother take the cake.

My grandmother is on a whole other level though; she will not just nag but will do everything stated in the OP and more.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any type of frustrated sensor, really. Probably most commonly amongst SJs, though.

Stryfe

MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely SJs. ESFJs in particular in my experience.

rav3n

It's too bad the maximum poll option isn't large enough to handle all types broken down into male and female. As a pulled out of my derriere guess, nagging is more of a female trait although there will be exceptions like my ESTJ harridan father, that it can swing the opposite way.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
I've noticed ENFJs going for the emotional blackmail type of nagging.

Neutralpov

Yeah I just have boundaries so I don't have to kill myself in every relationship threat.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
T

ThatGirl

You know that is not true, you should do your research first, instead of posting on this forum. Go on now!

Last edited:
R

ReflecTcelfeR

Introverted Sensing. It has this need for exact replication and if it can't be accomplished it gets annoyed and starts telling you why. Then we have Fe which in turn begins to criticize you on your social actions this is usually to INTx's especially. I'd say after that perhaps Te, if you aren't following the directions given to you, but that's not really nagging per se but could up in a tantrum of sorts if immature.

T

ThatGirl

Introverted Sensing. It has this need for exact replication and if it can't be accomplished it gets annoyed and starts telling you why. Then we have Fe which in turn begins to criticize you on your social actions this is usually to INTx's especially. I'd say after that perhaps Te, if you aren't following the directions given to you, but that's not really nagging per se but could up in a tantrum of sorts if immature.

Yes, introverted sensing.....*shudders*

Also the Fe. Why don't you be friendlier, why do you always have to make tension?!?!......:doh: