User Tag List

Default Would you believe me if I say ........ ?

So here is one simple question to get as started.

How do you feel about the idea that following people become a head of state in your country ?

1. journalist

2. army general

3. the person who way arrested, accused and sentenced for planning of bombing attacks.

4. manager of theater

5. the person who was the president of the other country in the time when it became obvious that this country X will lunch a full scale attack on your country.
    Last edited by Virtual ghost; 02-18-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Shortened post

ThatGirl

I would NOT believe it, No.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

Army general? Possible, very possible.
    Journalist? Well, they do need to warp their facts to create theater and entertaining news, to the annoyance of the American populace.
    Theater manager? Well, at least they can run a theater. If you can't run something small, you can't run a state. Of course, they might be going for this position because the theater didn't work out (bad).
    The others? Nope. They wouldn't last log before being impeached or assassinated.
    ^ I did just say that. But I might be joking. Or asleep.

The writing of a female and teenage INTP (!): myexplodingcat.com

Definition of "Thinker": N. One who would rather have a solution to his problem than emotional sympathy that does nothing, because if he comes to you with a problem, he actually wants to solve it. Thinking does not equate androidism.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

How do you feel about the idea that following people become a head of state in your country ?

1. journalist

Not good. Its not the same as having leadership experience and some journalists only present one side of the story and are biased. Would they do the same if they ran the country? I hope not.

2. army general

I might be okay with this if the person seemed well versed enough in politics. Sounds like the person has a good deal of leadership experience which is important if you're going to lead a country.

3. the person who way arrested, accused and sentenced for planning of bombing attacks.

I'd flee the country as fast as possible.

4. manager of theater

What does being a manager of a theater have to do with leading a country? Okay, I'll give the person credit for having some leadership experience but doesn't mean the person knows anything regarding government or politics.

5. the person who was the president of the other country in the time when it became obvious that this country X will lunch a full scale attack on your country.

I'd also flee the country as quickly as possible.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Anyone else ?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think it would be a good idea for any of those people to run the country. Even being an army general might not be enough, the person might not have the right sort of mind to make major decisions properly, even if they were an authoritative leader. What is more is that they could be so obsessed with military that...arrrgh...like we need to put more money into military spending.

I also realized while reading this thread that journalists are just frustrated creative writers. Many journalists are probably ENxPs...taking facts and spinning them to make them more interesting, creating theater and fancy out of what is there (Ne dom). Then the ones who are very skewed toward bias would likely be ENFP rather than ENTP.

These people clearly should be writing fiction instead, but they need to eat. *sigh* Don't I know.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Politics is not just about who is the leader. While the probability of some of those possibilities becoming the head of state is particularly low, the reality is that unless the political system itself is damaged, they themselves shouldn't be able to do too much damage. On the other hand the conservatism of the political system also places potential limitations on the magnitude of positive changes of policy over time.

Ok here is the thing.

I have wrote all kind of things about myself on this forum however I think that all of that would not be somewhat pointless if it does not have a context. So I came to the idea that I make a long thread about the place where I live. (internationally known as Croatia) The thing is that this is international forum so I am hoping to get the opinion of people who live outside of this social system/part of the world.
    In other words I am hoping that other posters will comment things I write here and say what they find: normal, somewhat normal, strange, really strange... or completely surreal. The thing is that I have a feeling that the place where I live exists outside of commons sense, political standards, economic laws, ethics and defined political systems. So I simply want to reflect on this things and check the outside thinking about this. Especially since some people have asked me to tell them a full story.

So this is the point of this thread.
    (in the case someone wonders)

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I don't think it would be a good idea for any of those people to run the country. Even being an army general might not be enough, the person might not have the right sort of mind to make major decisions properly, even if they were an authoritative leader. What is more is that they could be so obsessed with military that...arrrgh...like we need to put more money into military spending.

I also realized while reading this thread that journalists are just frustrated creative writers. Many journalists are probably ENxPs...taking facts and spinning them to make them more interesting, creating theater and fancy out of what is there (Ne dom). Then the ones who are very skewed toward bias would likely be ENFP rather than ENTP.

These people clearly should be writing fiction instead, but they need to eat. *sigh* Don't I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Politics is not just about who is the leader. While the probability of some of those possibilities becoming the head of state is particularly low, the reality is that unless the political system itself is damaged, they themselves shouldn't be able to do too much damage. On the other hand the conservatism of the political system also places potential limitations on the magnitude of positive changes of policy over time.
    And now we are coming to the "would you believe me" part.

So would you believe me if I say that this is not purely a theoretical question and that I am from a country whose leadership since the WW2 are the people in the first post ?

What is only the beginning of the saga that will come out in this thread

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

So exceptions are now the norms?