• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you believe me if I say ........ ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
So here is one simple question to get as started. :yes:

How do you feel about the idea that following people become a head of state in your country ?

1. journalist

2. army general

3. the person who way arrested, accused and sentenced for planning of bombing attacks.

4. manager of theater

5. the person who was the president of the other country in the time when it became obvious that this country X will lunch a full scale attack on your country.

Last edited:

myexplodingcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Army general? Possible, very possible.
Journalist? Well, they do need to warp their facts to create theater and entertaining news, to the annoyance of the American populace.
Theater manager? Well, at least they can run a theater. If you can't run something small, you can't run a state. Of course, they might be going for this position because the theater didn't work out (bad).
The others? Nope. They wouldn't last log before being impeached or assassinated.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do you feel about the idea that following people become a head of state in your country ?

1. journalist

Not good. Its not the same as having leadership experience and some journalists only present one side of the story and are biased. Would they do the same if they ran the country? I hope not.

2. army general

I might be okay with this if the person seemed well versed enough in politics. Sounds like the person has a good deal of leadership experience which is important if you're going to lead a country.

3. the person who way arrested, accused and sentenced for planning of bombing attacks.

I'd flee the country as fast as possible.

4. manager of theater

What does being a manager of a theater have to do with leading a country? Okay, I'll give the person credit for having some leadership experience but doesn't mean the person knows anything regarding government or politics.

5. the person who was the president of the other country in the time when it became obvious that this country X will lunch a full scale attack on your country.

I'd also flee the country as quickly as possible.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think it would be a good idea for any of those people to run the country. Even being an army general might not be enough, the person might not have the right sort of mind to make major decisions properly, even if they were an authoritative leader. What is more is that they could be so obsessed with military that...arrrgh...like we need to put more money into military spending. :dry:

I also realized while reading this thread that journalists are just frustrated creative writers. Many journalists are probably ENxPs...taking facts and spinning them to make them more interesting, creating theater and fancy out of what is there (Ne dom). Then the ones who are very skewed toward bias would likely be ENFP rather than ENTP.

These people clearly should be writing fiction instead, but they need to eat. *sigh* Don't I know.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so

Politics is not just about who is the leader. While the probability of some of those possibilities becoming the head of state is particularly low, the reality is that unless the political system itself is damaged, they themselves shouldn't be able to do too much damage. On the other hand the conservatism of the political system also places potential limitations on the magnitude of positive changes of policy over time.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ok here is the thing.

I have wrote all kind of things about myself on this forum however I think that all of that would not be somewhat pointless if it does not have a context. So I came to the idea that I make a long thread about the place where I live. (internationally known as Croatia) The thing is that this is international forum so I am hoping to get the opinion of people who live outside of this social system/part of the world.
In other words I am hoping that other posters will comment things I write here and say what they find: normal, somewhat normal, strange, really strange... or completely surreal. The thing is that I have a feeling that the place where I live exists outside of commons sense, political standards, economic laws, ethics and defined political systems. So I simply want to reflect on this things and check the outside thinking about this. Especially since some people have asked me to tell them a full story.

So this is the point of this thread.
(in the case someone wonders)

I don't think it would be a good idea for any of those people to run the country. Even being an army general might not be enough, the person might not have the right sort of mind to make major decisions properly, even if they were an authoritative leader. What is more is that they could be so obsessed with military that...arrrgh...like we need to put more money into military spending. :dry:

I also realized while reading this thread that journalists are just frustrated creative writers. Many journalists are probably ENxPs...taking facts and spinning them to make them more interesting, creating theater and fancy out of what is there (Ne dom). Then the ones who are very skewed toward bias would likely be ENFP rather than ENTP.

These people clearly should be writing fiction instead, but they need to eat. *sigh* Don't I know.

Politics is not just about who is the leader. While the probability of some of those possibilities becoming the head of state is particularly low, the reality is that unless the political system itself is damaged, they themselves shouldn't be able to do too much damage. On the other hand the conservatism of the political system also places potential limitations on the magnitude of positive changes of policy over time.

And now we are coming to the "would you believe me" part.

So would you believe me if I say that this is not purely a theoretical question and that I am from a country whose leadership since the WW2 are the people in the first post ?

What is only the beginning of the saga that will come out in this thread

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
So exceptions are now the norms?