• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Am I a narcissistic sadistic SOB?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was recently been pointed out by my mother that I'm a narcissistic sadist who enjoys watching people get angry. I contend that I do it to better people even though my questions might be blunt. Still, there's some truth to what my mom said -- I do have a tendency to fixate on people who are weaker than I, find their buttons, and exploit them.
Question: do you go for "anger" or "button pushing" because you think you are more likely to get the truth then?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Question: do you go for "anger" or "button pushing" because you think you are more likely to get the truth then?

That's a tough question for me to answer. It could be that I just have a low tolerance for bullshitting and would rather shift the conversation into something more real, even anger. I don't think I do what you're implying, though, which I think is pick at wounds because there's something there that's real and honest.

I think it's a combination of 1) feeling distant 2) from a person with soft debating skills. My gut reaction is just to create more and more disharmony.

In other news, things with my mom have vastly improved for the time being. I think it'll probably spiral back into where things were, but we'll see.