User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

You don't seem like an overly nice person but that's ok.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've said that you like to draw attention or something to the kind, but I think it's more on issues (that I find interesting), so I would not call you narcissistic per your forum image

I can't tell what kind of reaction from us you have enjoyed and what not so. When did your mother think you enjoyed getting people angry the last time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    What type is your mom?
    INFJ when it comes to people with INFP tendencies. Her type barely scratches the surface though. She's a therapist by trade. VERY VERY intuitive when it comes to people - bordering psychic. She loves talking about life and gleaning patterns. Her marriage to my father (ISTJ attorney) has been up and down, mostly down. She craves affection and intimacy, he's too shut off to give anything up. He's very detached in general. She's got insecure/fearful attachment; he's dismissive. The prominent theme in her life right now, I would say, is trying desperately to make her children (22, 24, 27) financially secure. She tries TOO HARD to fit in and make connections with her friends.

A lot of the desperation to be accepted and loved that I see in her, I also see in myself. I criticize it in both of us equally hard.

Are you spoiled? Have you led a privileged life?
    Er. Yeah, I guess I've been privileged. If you can quantify it somehow, I could give you a better answer.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I can't tell what kind of reaction from us you have enjoyed and what not so. When did your mother think you enjoyed getting people angry the last time?
    She didn't say. I've been a little sick these past 2 days and that lowers my patience and raises my hostility levels. The last time I can think I went into confrontational mode was with my brother, last night. Before that, my other brother a week ago or so, but it wasn't as prolonged or intense.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

If you don't get your way, how do you react?

BMW or Honda?

I pick on people I don't like or if I'm in a bad mood, tired, or hungry I can be dreadful. Sometimes I just feel like being an asshole. I can dish it out very well but often times can't take because my feelings will get in the way. Fucking stupid INFJ shit.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    If you don't get your way, how do you react?
    Depends on what and why. I would usually argue. I wouldn't tantrum.

BMW or Honda?
    Heh. I'm driving my dad's old car, which I was forced to trade for my older car, a 2002 Honda Accord...that my dad bought me in college. When this car is totally dead, I'll either get a hybrid or some fuel-efficient convertible. I don't want to insult the environment and I don't really give a shit about how other people judge me for my car. I don't judge them for their cars.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I think you do a lot of (too much!) navel-gazing, but it's never come across as narcissistic to me. And sadistic? No way.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Your puppy's very cute.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think you're playful and you like to get a reaction out of people.

You are, however, too old to be tormenting your mother and too young to be offering her your unsolicited opinion on how she conducts her personal and social life.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think you're playful and you like to get a reaction out of people.

You are, however, too old to be tormenting your mother
    It's true but it's hard to stop. When I see her, the only thing that I see is her faults and I want to pick at them. Not just to hurt her, but to understand and solve. I guess it's like popping an emotional pimple. Hard to resist.

I really think it would be different if she carried herself with confidence. I know how fucked up that sounds, making it HER issue that I have little sympathy, but I do think it's true.

and too young to be offering her your unsolicited opinion on how she conducts her personal and social life.
    Is this an age thing or a maturity thing? Being more on the T side, I tend to evaluate ideas based on their substance, regardless of the source.