User Tag List

123 Last

Default Questions for ENTP males

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I believe you. I think you'll find, however, that many ENTP males will be glad to answer your questions honestly if you have any questions to ask.
    I don't understand ENTP males. There's one in my family that I love to death but he's atypical since he doesn't seem to have a cruel bone in his body. It's also possible that he's an INTP since he's scored differently per test.

Anyways, from what I've seen of ENTP males, you guys have a penchant for cruelty and manipulation that exceeds other types. If you see a weakness, many will poke at it and work it, to your benefit.

Why do you do this and what do you gain from it?

MBTI
    ENTP

No ENTPs are not cruel. People behave differently online, you must see them in real life to understand.

Maybe the ENTP in your family is not atypical ... maybe the online behavior of the ENTPs on the internet is atypical.

ENTPs are not like House

MBTI
    ENTP

Does this look cruel?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I would ask the same question, and I know many IRL. We're speaking not just of mysteries, perhaps. We will no doubt delve into unhealthy/malignant behaviors.

How could my ex bf just turn and walk away from me without ever saying good-bye even though I knew how we felt about each other? He said good-bye to everyone except me.

I also recall one telling me unsympathetically as I was literally dying that life wasn't forever and that everyone has to die sometime.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

ReflecTcelfeR

We aren't House, but I think this might help answer a question or two.

"You broke the rules; your girlfriend went blind. When you gamble, you have to consider losing as one of the possibilities."

The cruelty is a type of fairness. It shows the equality that Ti has towards everything. Sympathy is not fair, sympathy belittles consequences that are truly present. Hitting you with full force of how this (possibilities in general) could play out is our way of being nice. When someone makes an illogical decision the cruelty could be a way of not only pointing it out, but snapping the person out of the delusion that they were in, which may have been why they picked the wrong choice in the beginning, wrong as it did not end well for the entire group, let alone themselves. It's us trying to give our version of a reality check. As for the manipulation. We are led by Ne which sees a great deal of possibilities and if we find it logical to get to a certain end, but the only way through is manipulation, then the greater good, or peace between people will be taken. It may not be self-evident and this all depends if they find out the answer is right, or the situation is truly better off because of it. I'm trying not to be too general as I feel I may be projecting just a tad, but I'd say this may be a good starting point.
    Likes Scriddle21, classic-misdirection liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    No ENTPs are not cruel. People behave differently online, you must see them in real life to understand.

Maybe the ENTP in your family is not atypical ... maybe the online behavior of the ENTPs on the internet is atypical.

ENTPs are not like House
    I know I'm a lot more candid online than I am in real life. I say a lot more of the things that I think. Right now I'm working a customer service job and if I said everything that I thought I'd probably get fired. So it's nice to be a little more unbridled when I come on here. Let out some steam.

But really, my intention is never to be cruel or to manipulate. I just like to be as unbiased as possible (ie. treat things equally, which means treating them impersonally), for things to make sense (ie. be logical) and for people to like me. Sometimes I don't know how to get the latter without manipulation. It comes so easily. But moving away from that is a learning process as I grow older.

And I know I'm not a male, but I don't see how that makes my input less relevant.
    Likes Scriddle21 liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Last edited by Amargith; 02-15-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I don't know satine.

I haven't found a way to do it myself.
    I mean, If I don't have some sort of 'interest' in the situation I just, won't change who I am to make people happy. It's just too far from who I am. I can geniunely smile and be cheered up by being 'nice to people' but i'll still say what I think if I can be bothered. Usually I won't if I don't even care enough to do so, but I can see how people who sort of are put in a family situation together will be constantly exposed to each other and give each others attention, even when this attention is not wanted and harmful.

In family and with friends I sort of go with kantian social ethics, or 'the golden rule' (it's been invented and reeinvented through history. So I expect to be treated in the way I treat people and find it to be fair. The issue in your case is that most entps welcome arguments and things of that kind and you can get hurt in the process, and they see it as you being over sensitive and hence 'not fair'.
    I think it takes an entp with a very "relative mind" or high fe not to do this, and even then it's far from a given.

I guess the trick with entps is to get into their 'special circle' first if it can be managed. When you're there they'll go out of their way and around your sensitivities. But they'll still be sincere about it (i think). So it doesn't imply lying, it just implies that they care about you , they're more 'fe' about it and enjoy constructing with you more than deconstructing and rearanging the information you give them. If someone's in my 'special circle' I'll consider what they say more, because after all there was a reason for them to get into the special circle hence it justifies the extra attention to their ideas. I guess it's partly a human trait that is due to how we justify our actions through rationalization.

Now family situations are difficult, because people are grouped together but cannot control who their siblings\parents\kids are, and will just share enough commonalities through common culture and genetics to exacerbate conflicts when they happen.
    It's very hard to change the way people view you. One thing that might work to an extent it to just change the way you communicate with them in a proactive way. But I don't know your family so I don't know what angle of attack you could choose.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    If you see a weakness, many will poke at it
    True, but I don't think they do it to their benefit necessarily. It's just their way of understanding/dealing with it, they need reactions. It does seem unbelievably cruel at times.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Anyways, from what I've seen of ENTP males, you guys have a penchant for cruelty and manipulation that exceeds other types. If you see a weakness, many will poke at it and work it, to your benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    We aren't House, but I think this might help answer a question or two.

"You broke the rules; your girlfriend went blind. When you gamble, you have to consider losing as one of the possibilities."

The cruelty is a type of fairness. It shows the equality that Ti has towards everything. Sympathy is not fair, sympathy belittles consequences that are truly present. Hitting you with full force of how this (possibilities in general) could play out is our way of being nice. When someone makes an illogical decision the cruelty could be a way of not only pointing it out, but snapping the person out of the delusion that they were in, which may have been why they picked the wrong choice in the beginning, wrong as it did not end well for the entire group, let alone themselves. It's us trying to give our version of a reality check. As for the manipulation. We are led by Ne which sees a great deal of possibilities and if we find it logical to get to a certain end, but the only way through is manipulation, then the greater good, or peace between people will be taken. It may not be self-evident and this all depends if they find out the answer is right, or the situation is truly better off because of it. I'm trying not to be too general as I feel I may be projecting just a tad, but I'd say this may be a good starting point.
    I'm INTP, not ENTP, and I don't identify at all with the poking bit, but I think ReflecttcelfeR is on to something important about Ti. One of the questions on the standard Keirsey MBTI test is about whether you're more inclined toward justice or mercy. Ti is all about justice. Fairness. Sugar-coating is really contrary to Ti; the most you can realistically hope for is softening the blow. Sometimes that seems blunt or even cruel, but it's usually intended to be realistic and maybe even helpful.

Also worth mentioning that Ne is really, really curious.
    i just want to be a sweetheart