• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ - worst job / career you had?

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
I haven't seen this discussed here.

This gives some idea: ENTJ worst jobs - careers to avoid

But I'm interested in your experiences. Are there any older ENTJs who've been through sh*t?

I'm quite young but I've done my share of boring work for money since I come from a poor family. I've been writing other people's homeworks, reports, solving their school problems and projects, doing data entry work online (boy that sucked)... As a kid I was a salesman. Perhaps that sounds funny or shocking to you, but in Bosnia after the war it was normal for a 10 year old kid to work at a shop for stretches of 3-4 hours. It wasn't really hard, just boring.

All that aside, what drains me most about a job is being alone. With a good friend by my side I think I could dig trenches and have fun doing it.

Feel free to babble about your tough life, or just talk about the worst career for an ENTJ, in theory. ;)

T

ThatGirl

I have had probably every shit job on that list (with the exception of a police officer) and I hated all of them, for pretty much the points given.

I've never worked a job that wasn't a dead end. Obviously if I had, I would still be employed with it.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
All that aside, what drains me most about a job is being alone. With a good friend by my side I think I could dig trenches and have fun doing it.

Feel free to babble about your tough life, or just talk about the worst career for an ENTJ, in theory. ;)

While I didn't grow up in post war Bosnia, I've had some shit jobs. Like the previous poster, I've never worked a job that was leading anywhere. I've done fast food (took my shirt off and threw it at a manager the day I quit, walking tall and shirtless) , call-center operator for a jewelry network (worked there twice. quitting the first time, getting fired the second. when they asked me if i had anything to say, i told them i would have fired me 6 months ago), grocery store (they told me i quit), janitor through a temp agency at a university hospital (this was quite honestly the most fun job i've had so far. i was alone all day just running around a gigantic hospital with nothing but time to think. i spent the four months i was there doing everything i could to get into the morgue, only to find out you have to have an access pass. also, i found out that herpes may possibly be airborne now), and now i'm work in a bakery of an up-scale supermarket where they sell all your basic brands with a $2 mark up (getting my degree. getting the hell out asap).

i have to concur about the working alone. the worst thing i've found about being an entj (aside from nearly everyone misunderstanding you) is the extraversion. extravert doesn't mean you like people, but you just like (more like need) being around them, and even then that's not entirely true. as much as i loved the janitor job, the part i hated was being alone. i would have imaginary conversations with friends trying to guess who their opinions would be about various subjects. when i would hang out with them i would steer the conversation in that direction and find out that i was usually right. this made being around my friends pointless not nearly as fun.

getting surrounded by people you hate being around can be even worse. it really depresses me. luckily, minimum wage jobs seem to be filled with other N types who got degrees in fields that no one cares about and that you can't do anything with, so i'm usually pretty set on good conversations. your coworkers can make all the difference. if i had to choose between a job that suited my abilities and paid a bunch of money, but i had to work with a bunch of assholes, i would take the minimum wage one that didn't suit me at all with the fun people any day.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Wow, I never imagined ENTJs having so many crappy jobs.

the worst thing i've found about being an entj (aside from nearly everyone misunderstanding you) is the extraversion. extravert doesn't mean you like people, but you just like (more like need) being around them, and even then that's not entirely true. as much as i loved the janitor job, the part i hated was being alone. i would have imaginary conversations with friends trying to guess who their opinions would be about various subjects. when i would hang out with them i would steer the conversation in that direction and find out that i was usually right. this made being around my friends pointless not nearly as fun.

I hear ya. I think it's about feedback. We like to introspect, but we like feedback too. Going out for a cup of coffee with friends kick-starts my thinking. I never even know why but my brain just starts working and when it starts I want to be alone, focused, not distracted. It's those moments of focus that make me think "maybe I'm an introvert?" but then after 3 hours of being alone I turn into a non-productive zombie so lazy I can't even call anyone to go out and unless someone calls me I'll stay in front of the PC wasting time.

And I also think it's important WHICH people you're around. You can spend a day with a person you like and not get drained, but one asshole can drain you in 15 minutes so much you can't recover until tomorrow.

Good coworkers are definitely an important factor in a career, and not only to feelers.