User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 143

  1. #81
    Senior Member MoneyTick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    *Argues with you for 7 hours then gives you ice cream and cookies*
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwww
    got chaos?

  2. #82
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    INTJs: Use not-thought-through-enough logic based on your own rushed conclusions and biases about life and don't even pretend to take what the other person is saying into consideration.
    If one has seen the light at the end of the tunnel, there is really no point in going all the way through just to confirm that it is there.

  3. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    61

    Default

    One of the things I keep noticing on here is that the NT types seem to misunderstand what "thinking" does in this life. Thinking does not decide on goals. Goals come from a hierarchy of values. The judgement of feeling decides on goals, in particular introverted feeling.

    An argument, unless narrowed into a technicality, is about the harmonization of values. The actual argument is thus a battle to be fought by extroverted feeling. Logic is purely a supplement.
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

  4. #84
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Hero View Post
    One of the things I keep noticing on here is that the NT types seem to misunderstand what "thinking" does in this life. Thinking does not decide on goals. Goals come from a hierarchy of values. The judgement of feeling decides on goals, in particular introverted feeling.

    An argument, unless narrowed into a technicality, is about the harmonization of values. The actual argument is thus a battle to be fought by extroverted feeling. Logic is purely a supplement.
    Sometimes, no matter how much charm you lay on, the other person's simply not going to quit disagreeing. Then it's time to make him look like the dumbass he is.

  5. #85
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Don't take things personally, or learn to duck and take cover.
    And for the last time, murder is no solution. You'd probably go to jail: too risky.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #86
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    If one has seen the light at the end of the tunnel, there is really no point in going all the way through just to confirm that it is there.
    Light is also what helps produce a mirage.

    It always helps to take that jog to the end of the tunnel, just to confirm you're matching up with reality.

    If more INTJs like the Unabomber would have done that, they wouldn't have ended up so bad.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Light is also what helps produce a mirage.
    It is light nonetheless.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It always helps to take that jog to the end of the tunnel, just to confirm you're matching up with reality.

    If more INTJs like the Unabomber would have done that, they wouldn't have ended up so bad.
    If society were a little more respectful of people like the Unabomber, they would not have ended up so bad either.

  8. #88
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It is light nonetheless.


    If society were a little more respectful of people like the Unabomber, they would not have ended up so bad either.
    What did he do to merit that respect?

  9. #89
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,128

    Default

    He breathed.

  10. #90
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    *Argues with you for 7 hours then gives you ice cream and cookies*
    Thanks for the ice cream and cookies

    But I'm still shocked that you would argue for 7 hours beforehand...

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] How do I become more like an NT?
    By I Never Find Peace in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. [ISFJ] How to tell if an ISFJ likes you
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. [E8] How to argue with an 8w7
    By yenom in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
  4. [NT] How to mess with an NT's head
    By Amargith in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO