User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 143

  1. #71
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    this thread is funny.


    how NTs argue from skylights' POV


    INTP:

    "your argument doesn't make sense. why would you believe that? it's like this: (takes 10 minutes to explain)."
    • pro: best understanding of issue
    • con: subjective viewpoint


    ENTP:

    "why would you believe that? your argument doesn't make sense. also, look how charming i am."
    • pro: broad perspective on issue
    • con: tertiary Fe is manipulative


    INTJ:

    "no, see, it's like this: (takes 5 minutes to explain). do you understand?"
    • pro: most focused on issue
    • con: good at making you feel stupid


    ENTJ:

    "no. here's why: (takes 30 seconds to explain)."
    • pro: most efficient
    • con: there's not much point in arguing with an ENTJ



    personally i would like to see a list of how to win against each type in an argument.

  2. #72
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    You know what I would like to see? Two ENTJs with differing opinions arguing with each other. I would pay to see that.


  3. #73
    Senior Member BlueGray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ENTJ:

    "no. here's why: (takes 30 seconds to explain)."
    • pro: most efficient
    • con: there's not much point in arguing with an ENTJ
    I resent that. I have thoroughly enjoyed winning arguments with ENTJs after 5 hours. You simply need the patience to outlast them.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

  4. #74
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    I resent that. I have thoroughly enjoyed winning arguments with ENTJs after 5 hours. You simply need the patience to outlast them.
    I usually end up in a draw with my ENTJ friend, but neither of us cares. We have too much fun in the process.

  5. #75
    Cheeseburgers freeeekyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    I don't care how any type argues, because I'm right about everything I believe; arguing is pointless.
    You lose.

    _______

    RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

    Johari Window|Nohari Window

  6. #76
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    I resent that. I have thoroughly enjoyed winning arguments with ENTJs after 5 hours. You simply need the patience to outlast them.


    props, and i will leave that to you INTPs.

    it fascinates me how (edit: many) NTs ENJOY arguing with each other for prolonged periods of time. i enjoy arguing for about 20 minutes max, and then i want to go get ice cream with you. i mean we can keep discussing, but debating wears me out, lol
    Last edited by skylights; 02-13-2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: i sounded presuming lol

  7. #77
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    personally i would like to see a list of how to win against each type in an argument.
    ENTx - show concrete proof of your being right. Otherwise, the best you'll get is an "agree to disagree". Still expect some argumentation after the demonstration.

    INTx - throw as many logical loops and reasonable, yet non sequitur statements into the discussion, until the only clear means of getting out of the mess is through a logical pathway you've had on the back burner for the last ten minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    I resent that. I have thoroughly enjoyed winning arguments with ENTJs after 5 hours. You simply need the patience to outlast them.
    Usually, the best way to win the argument is to say "fuck it, let's go have a beer." Eventually, the argument will restart, and the person will take a weaker form of the earlier position, which indicates that the person concedes the argument, but will not concede face. That's the best you're going to get.

  8. #78
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post


    props, and i will leave that to you INTPs.

    it fascinates me how NTs ENJOY arguing with each other for prolonged periods of time. i enjoy arguing for about 20 minutes max, and then i want to go get ice cream with you. i mean we can keep discussing, but debating wears me out, lol
    I can't argue with people for much more than 20 minutes, but not by choice. People tend to end arguments with me with something along the lines of "you're not seeing the big picture" or "that's just how it has to be," to which I respond "tradition doesn't dictate truth because of (insert examples here)" or "well if you were following my logical progression you would see that I am synthesizing the big picture with each of the concepts that comprise it, and you are still wrong because of (insert flawed concept here)" to which the person responds "gosh you are so clueless about the big picture, why be so annoying about these little details?" or "You're wrong, I'm right. Respect MAH AUTHORITAY!"

    (not actual conversations but the essence of them)

    Looks like a classic unhealthy Ti/Te or Ne/Ni dual to me... but I don't know what to do about it other than find a xNTP to argue about things for days at a time or an F-type to at least get some ice cream with afterwards

  9. #79
    Senior Member MoneyTick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    I resent that. I have thoroughly enjoyed winning arguments with ENTJs after 5 hours. You simply need the patience to outlast them.
    Yes.

    If the time and effort we spend on an argument is worth more than winning the argument itself - we surrender.
    got chaos?

  10. #80
    Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    or an F-type to at least get some ice cream with afterwards
    *Argues with you for 7 hours then gives you ice cream and cookies*

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] How do I become more like an NT?
    By I Never Find Peace in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. [ISFJ] How to tell if an ISFJ likes you
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. [E8] How to argue with an 8w7
    By yenom in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
  4. [NT] How to mess with an NT's head
    By Amargith in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO