User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    I can definitely argue that this is getting pretty pointless!
    How very ENTJ of you.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyTick View Post
    Does this thread serve any good purpose other than to be used as a platform to argue against another individual's perceptions on the topic of arguing?

Are we really arguing about arguing?

I can definitely argue that this is getting pretty pointless!

Have fun arguing!!!!!!!!
    It's meta-arguing.

I should start an argument with you over whether or not we're arguing about arguing and then we'd move into meta-META arguing!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    It's meta-arguing.

I should start an argument with you over whether or not we're arguing about arguing and then we'd move into meta-META arguing!
    Well, first we should have a formal debate and argue over whether me and you should start an argument over the topic of meta-arguing.

Then we must hold an argumentative negotiation on what time of day we should begin the argument.

If we can come to an agreement to begin the argument, we shall argue.

Then I'll have my evening scotch and it really won't matter anymore.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    ENTJ

This must be the most pointless thread I've ever read!

It's so pointless I love it!

Hey! Let me throw you guys a couple of hard bones to chew on:

Ready? Catch! -

Is a penny saved, really a penny earned?

Is a friend in need, really a friend indeed?

Does he who laugh last, really laugh best?

C'mon arguing NTs! Wreck the crap out of the foregoing.
    got chaos?

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Is a penny saved, really a penny earned?
    No, a penny saved is just a penny saved. Earning something by necessity comes before saving it, not after.

Is a friend in need, really a friend indeed?
    Yes. There's really no difference between a "friend" and a "friend indeed", as "indeed" doesn't add any additional quality, it just verifies that the friend actually is a friend. And therefore any friend is a "friend indeed", regardless of the state of "need".

Does he who laugh last, really laugh best?
    That depends. Is it even possible to qualify laughter in terms of "better" and "worse"? If we decide it is, then I figure it would be different from situation to situation, unless "laughing last" is part of the definition of "laughing best", in which case the statement is a truism, just like the one above.

^ Ahahaha...your answers are almost exactly what mine were.

Hmmm....looks like there's "agreement" in the "disagreement" (oops, I mean "argument") thread. If we get enough of those maybe everything will cancel out and the thread with disappear into the cosmos. Or explode in a mega-huge release of energy. I don't know how those things work.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by raminda View Post
    That depends. Is it even possible to qualify laughter in terms of "better" and "worse"? If we decide it is, then I figure it would be different from situation to situation, unless "laughing last" is part of the definition of "laughing best", in which case the statement is a truism, just like the one above.
    We could find a way to quantify the laughter. For example, we could measure the people laughing for increases in endorphin levels to see who, if anyone, has the best laugh. Then we can reference this with the order in which the individuals laughed, to determine whether this statement is true or false.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Laughing last does not inherently equally laughing best. It implies A) you heard the joke last or B) you took the longest to understand it. That doesn't mean the last person didn't enjoy the joke the most, but it also doesn't mean they did. Of course, in a situation of rivalry, laughing last implies victory. However, laughing is not a necessary part of the concept of victory, and indeed even the victory may not enjoy their final gain more than the other enjoyed being ahead for a short time. It would be true or false mostly on a case-to-case basis, making the saying itself useless. Any saying that is random or unpredictable in how often it is true or untrue is not a saying that can be readily applied. "A barking dog is friendly sometimes" does no one any good.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    How to argue like an INTP:

How to argue like an ENTJ:

Let us define what I just shouted as true. Therefore, what I just shouted is true. (Flex a bit, give that argumentative little dweeb from accounting a thousand-yard stare. Yeah. Let's see one of these pricks try to argue now.)
    i have found that quiet and calm gets better results, backed up with facts that support my point. Dead cold stare sure does help though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I like these!

ENTJ: Our goal is X, so the best way to get there is Y. Why? Well, why not? It's a worthwhile goal, and my plan will work, so let's do it! What, you say there's another goal we could pursue? That's nice, but I've already decided on this goal. I'll take that other idea of yours under consideration later, because it's not relevant to what I want to achieve right now. What? Y won't work because of factor Z? Then we'll do Y without doing G, which takes care of factor Z, but we're still doing Y.

AND

ENTJ:... "What??? NO!....Are you a fucking idiot??? "*tells the person why and how they should fix it*