• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to argue like an NT

Nicodemus

INTJs: Use not-thought-through-enough logic based on your own rushed conclusions and biases about life and don't even pretend to take what the other person is saying into consideration.
If one has seen the light at the end of the tunnel, there is really no point in going all the way through just to confirm that it is there.

Nameless Hero

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
One of the things I keep noticing on here is that the NT types seem to misunderstand what "thinking" does in this life. Thinking does not decide on goals. Goals come from a hierarchy of values. The judgement of feeling decides on goals, in particular introverted feeling.

An argument, unless narrowed into a technicality, is about the harmonization of values. The actual argument is thus a battle to be fought by extroverted feeling. Logic is purely a supplement.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
One of the things I keep noticing on here is that the NT types seem to misunderstand what "thinking" does in this life. Thinking does not decide on goals. Goals come from a hierarchy of values. The judgement of feeling decides on goals, in particular introverted feeling.

An argument, unless narrowed into a technicality, is about the harmonization of values. The actual argument is thus a battle to be fought by extroverted feeling. Logic is purely a supplement.

Sometimes, no matter how much charm you lay on, the other person's simply not going to quit disagreeing. Then it's time to make him look like the dumbass he is.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Don't take things personally, or learn to duck and take cover.
And for the last time, murder is no solution. You'd probably go to jail: too risky.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If one has seen the light at the end of the tunnel, there is really no point in going all the way through just to confirm that it is there.

Light is also what helps produce a mirage.

It always helps to take that jog to the end of the tunnel, just to confirm you're matching up with reality.

If more INTJs like the Unabomber would have done that, they wouldn't have ended up so bad.

Nicodemus

Light is also what helps produce a mirage.
It is light nonetheless.

It always helps to take that jog to the end of the tunnel, just to confirm you're matching up with reality.

If more INTJs like the Unabomber would have done that, they wouldn't have ended up so bad.
If society were a little more respectful of people like the Unabomber, they would not have ended up so bad either.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*Argues with you for 7 hours then gives you ice cream and cookies*

Thanks for the ice cream and cookies :)

But I'm still shocked that you would argue for 7 hours beforehand...

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Advanced trolling detected. Now the world has an example of how NT's argue with one another beyond the context of the introductory post.

Thank you for dancing on the puppeteer's illusory strings, puppet NT's. The non-NT's are now frightened of you.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
If society were a little more respectful of people like the Unabomber, they would not have ended up so bad either.

What the hell exactly did society do to make him end up that way?

Millions of other people are subjected to the same society and they don't turn into sociopaths. Seems like he's the problem in this equation.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Blank said:
Thank you for dancing on the puppeteer's illusory strings, puppet NT's. The non-NT's are now frightened of you.

meta-trolling. op, i'm impressed.

Nicodemus

What the hell exactly did society do to make him end up that way?
It made his actions illegal. Had they been legal, he would not have ended up in prison.

Millions of other people are subjected to the same society and they don't turn into sociopaths. Seems like he's the problem in this equation.
Being a sociopath is not per se a bad thing. I also suspect that he did not choose to become one.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
It made his actions illegal. Had they been legal, he would not have ended up in prison.
So we should respect his life, even though he didn't seem to respect the lives of the people he killed enough not to kill them?

Being a sociopath is not per se a bad thing. I also suspect that he did not choose to become one.
But he didn't choose not to become one. He didn't witness the wilderness being torn down around him and say to himself "well, instead of creating this bombing campaign, I'll just petition the government." Yeah, it might not have gotten anywhere with changing things, but neither did his bombings. He just ended up killing a bunch of people and getting thrown in jail. His whole ideology that he started the campaign for ended up seeming, to the general populace, like the ravings of a disillusioned weird-o. Despite the fact that he had issues with some really real problems, a sociopath's opinion is not really one people are going to be clamouring to support.

I'm not saying that being a sociopath is generally a bad thing, but it's certainly not the most effective way of getting your point across (or recruiting support).

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
How to Argue like an INTJ

A is not B because it can also be C and D.

*smattering of references*

You are complaining about my introverted subjective viewpoint because of your introverted subjective viewpoint.

*insert snide comment*

*facepalm picture*

T

ThatGirl

No, how to argue like an INTJ.

INTJ: A, is B, and if not, at best, C or D.

Bystander: No what about this!

INTJ: That is B.

Bystander: And this?

INTJ: that is D...btw you forgot about C.

Bytander: You aren't listening!

INTJ: ....Okay.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
No, how to argue like an INTJ.

INTJ: A, is B, and if not, at best, C or D.

Bystander: No what about this!

INTJ: That is B.

Bystander: And this?

INTJ: that is D...btw you forgot about C.

Bytander: You aren't listening!

INTJ: ....Okay.

Totally irrelevant because you mispelled bystander and forgot about E.

And an INTJ wouldn't just bowl over and play dead with an 'Okay'.

http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=39212

Really, have you learned NOTHING?

facepalm.jpg