User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 143

Thread: How to argue like an NT

  1. #31
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010


    In my experience

    intp: Damn it, he might be right. Run.
    intj: Damn it, I'm right.
    entj: Damn it, just believe me. Who cares if I'm right?
    entp: Damn it, I'm wrong. But who cares?

  2. #32


    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    How the NTs argue, the real version:

    INTPs: Use calm headed pure logic in your back-and-forths and pretend to take what the other person is saying into consideration, until they inevitably come to agree with you. They just won't let you know they've changed their minds on the spot.

    INTJs: Use not-thought-through-enough logic based on your own rushed conclusions and biases about life and don't even pretend to take what the other person is saying into consideration.

    : Just be an ass.

    : Toss out whatever you can come up with, coherent or not, and see what sticks, until the other person walks away from you.
    I like what you did here. INTPs come out looking prettty good! Nice work Mr. INTP.

    Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    ENTP arguing:

    Why would you believe that??? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.
    It is ridiculous how many times a day I want to shout this at people. But I just have to tell myself that most people find my train of thought bizarre and not easily understood so I should probably cut them some slack.

  3. #33
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2010


    It is ridiculous how many times a day I want to shout this at people. But I just have to tell myself that most people find my train of thought bizarre and not easily understood so I should probably cut them some slack.
    Ha yup. I definitely go through stages of where in my head I'm like "stop thinking stupidly people". I just have to remind myself that other people "think" (or rather, exist) in totally different ways.

  4. #34


    Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Dale Carnegie told me that arguing is bad. We should prove him wrong.
    We could put a probe in the part of the brain that controls orgasms and just press it every time he argues. Eventually he'd loooove it!

    Except he's dead. So we could do it theoretically and enjoy the thought of it.

  5. #35
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2010


    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    That's called projection.. I was being rather playful when I posted.
    Maybe the truth hurts you and in return the hurt causes you to seethe with hatred and anger at yourself??.
    Those are your words, not mine..

    I feel quite chipper today ..
    You assume I also wasn't being playful.

    Use your hate, and strike me down.


  6. #36
    .~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni


    Quote Originally Posted by sciguy90 View Post
    Use your hate, and strike me down.

    yeessssss...... that's it......
    (there can only be two of us)

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Also, better to do this at the beginning of a discussion than after a few hours: "oh, well when I said x (3 hours ago!), I meant <insert bizarre unorthodox definition>, I thought that was a given"
    No no, actually, that's PERFECT to do it after three hours.
    (as long as you are standing behind a bulletproof sheet of plexiglass)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #37


    If I'm wrong the other person must NOT be right.

  8. #38
    The elder Holmes Array Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    5w6 so/sp


    Q: Why didn't the INTP want to go on vacation?
    A: He's already tired out from too many definitional retreats!

    (taken from the hypothetical world's nerdiest children's menu)
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

  9. #39
    Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007


    How NTs argue, the athenian200 version:

    INTP: Your principles are not logically consistent with themselves. Just because both of those things seem desirable, doesn't mean they're not mutually exclusive. What do I suggest then? Well, I don't know, you could do X, Y, or Z... maybe? I believe that this might work. No, no I'm not sure. You can never be sure. What, you say I haven't made an argument, I've just thrown out possibilities? Well, I'm probably better at tearing down arguments than making them. Solutions aren't that interesting to me, they're so limiting and arbitrary to one specific context.

    INTJ: If our goal is X, then the best way to there is Y. What, how will Y impact Z factor? That's irrelevant, unless your goal is A. Is your goal A or X? What, you say that you want X AND some of A? Why didn't you say so in the first place? That's not what you asked me. The most efficient way to get there is still Y, but without doing G... unless you still haven't decided on your goals adequately! Can't you just tell me what you're really trying to achieve here?!

    ENTP: I think we could do X, and it would be good because it might do A, B, and C. How should we do X? I don't know, we'll just figure out as we go along, but there's always D, E, F ways of doing it. Which one? Man, you are cramping my style! I won't know which one is best until I get started. What, you say my idea isn't logical or practical? Psych! I knew that, I was just messing with you.

    ENTJ: Our goal is X, so the best way to get there is Y. Why? Well, why not? It's a worthwhile goal, and my plan will work, so let's do it! What, you say there's another goal we could pursue? That's nice, but I've already decided on this goal. I'll take that other idea of yours under consideration later, because it's not relevant to what I want to achieve right now. What? Y won't work because of factor Z? Then we'll do Y without doing G, which takes care of factor Z, but we're still doing Y.

  10. #40
    Probably Most Brilliant Array Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    5w7 sx/so


    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Too many ENTPs have admitted they'll do anything to win a debate. So much for seeking the "truth" . . .
    Try INTP's.

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] How do I become more like an NT?
    By I Never Find Peace in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM
  2. [ISFJ] How to tell if an ISFJ likes you
    By DJAchtundvierzig in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 10:39 AM
  3. [E8] How to argue with an 8w7
    By yenom in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
  4. [NT] How to mess with an NT's head
    By Amargith in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 256
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts