• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How to argue like an NT

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
No, it wasn't dumb or indefensible... in fact, it was a pretty clever perspective to take, because it was similar to the Unabomber's own perspective. From his own perspective, you can't fault him for his actions. Which does raise interesting questions.

That doesn't mean there was no element of trolling in it, though it was insightful. The best ones are often intelligent. He just chose to see it as dumb because it wasn't applicable to reality as it exists for most people.

I really meant to refer to the picture of the troll face, and his assumption that he had been trolled.

Uh... :huh: the whole point of that cartoon is that people either claim to be trolling, or claim to be seeing something beyond the audience, when in reality, they just said something really stupid, and are too stubborn or proud to admit it.

It's OK to be human, guys :)

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
For me, with the God question:

"It all assumes that the concept of 'God' is even coherent. Given the fact that different people have mutually incompatitble definitions of their deity, it's virtually impossible for us to agree on what this concept 'God' means. So unless--by some almost impossible chance--we can find a definition of 'God' that is consistent, I'll have to say that the concept of 'God' is empty."-- an apathetic ignostic talking.

Assumption-questioning is my job, it seems.

NickNaylor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8/SX
Any well developed NT will employ far better debate tactics whether it's for sport or not.

I do appreciate the post though, it made me laugh.

I also just discovered this emoticon and I love it. :jew: